Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that 07:12 - Mar 13 with 1912 viewsMrTown

Really enjoyed watching Town yesterday, seems as though we have to go a goal down to start playing again, but even when we went 1-0 down I thought, we’ll created another opening here.

Great piece of attacking work from Kenlock for the goal, hope that shuts a few up, by no means the best left back in the world, but that is glimpse of what he can do, 22 years old, needs consistent game time!
Don’t think Emmanuel did anything wrong, the odd occasion a little bit Rooney with his feet, but he’s v athletic and his body strength for a young man is v good, will help him massively in the men’s game.
Thoughts on Nsiala/Chambers pairing? - not the greatest CB’s in the world, but they’re playing OK at the moment.

Attaching wise I think we are superb, so much talent going forward. Thought Chalobah was v good, think Skuse and him should rotate to keep it fresh.
Nolan and Judge Rudy but personally could see that they were tired tonight.
Dozzell superb, see his quality of the ball constantly.
Edwards as lively as ever, maybe didn’t offer as much in the final third today.
Jackson was v sharp again, his pace is causing top top championship defenders real problems, let’s get a striking coach to grab hold of him over the summer because there is a lethal player in him.

Overall chuffed once more, 8 academy players travelled yesterday, 3 started, 2 came on. So proud of the club when that happens.
As they say: “The future is bright, the future is Blue & White”.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 07:25 - Mar 13 with 1874 viewsm14_blue

Agree with most of that but I don’t think it’s true to say we only started playing having gone a goal behind, the first half hour was really good.

Definitely encouraging signs.
Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 07:33 - Mar 13 with 1856 viewsDarth_Koont

The future is League One, let's be honest.

I'm not pessimistic and think we have a lot of the ingredients of a team that can bounce right back but let's not pretend it's a blank slate and a fresh start. We're a team with zero momentum and no winning mentality being buoyed up by positivity and professionalism. I'm a bit worried that League One is going to be a bit more of a fight and a grind than we're ready for.

To me, it's a little like our relegation from the Premiership and the subsequent inability to hit the ground running in the Championship. If we are going to be the sort of side that challenges at the top (the sort of team that can grind out an undeserved win) then I'd like to see more signs of that sort of team this season so everything's not dependent on us getting off to a flyer.

Pronouns: He/Him

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 07:37 - Mar 13 with 1836 viewshampstead_blue

I thought we played well.

The chap on their Right was very good. Gave Kenlock a hard time. Great crossing ability.
JE looked fine but the CB's not so. One big difference was Webster. He always wanted the ball and his distribution was a key for Brizzle.
We seriously lacked that.

Up top was really frustrating. KJ did really well. With another alongside or much closer to him we would have had so much more threat.

I thought Bish was going to get a penalty with his cracking run at the end. Their defender just about managed to stop a tackle on him as he glided past.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 07:41 - Mar 13 with 1820 viewsblueislander

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 07:33 - Mar 13 by Darth_Koont

I'm not pessimistic and think we have a lot of the ingredients of a team that can bounce right back but let's not pretend it's a blank slate and a fresh start. We're a team with zero momentum and no winning mentality being buoyed up by positivity and professionalism. I'm a bit worried that League One is going to be a bit more of a fight and a grind than we're ready for.

To me, it's a little like our relegation from the Premiership and the subsequent inability to hit the ground running in the Championship. If we are going to be the sort of side that challenges at the top (the sort of team that can grind out an undeserved win) then I'd like to see more signs of that sort of team this season so everything's not dependent on us getting off to a flyer.

There is a real contradiction in that post. On the one hand we lack a winning mentality but we are buoyed by positivity.. How does that work.?
Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 07:54 - Mar 13 with 1793 viewsDarth_Koont

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 07:41 - Mar 13 by blueislander

There is a real contradiction in that post. On the one hand we lack a winning mentality but we are buoyed by positivity.. How does that work.?

I think Lambert, the fans and even most of the team are very positive but the team is missing a winning mentality. That's why we are where we are and why results haven't improved with performances.

I'm looking ahead to League One in this but I'd like to see signs of us becoming a more effective team before then. The assumption that things are going to change utterly when we're down there just because of the opposition looks flawed to me based on how relegated teams frequently struggle when dropping down because it's more about reversing their momentum and changing their mentality.

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 08:39 - Mar 13 with 1724 viewsblueislander

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 07:54 - Mar 13 by Darth_Koont

I think Lambert, the fans and even most of the team are very positive but the team is missing a winning mentality. That's why we are where we are and why results haven't improved with performances.

I'm looking ahead to League One in this but I'd like to see signs of us becoming a more effective team before then. The assumption that things are going to change utterly when we're down there just because of the opposition looks flawed to me based on how relegated teams frequently struggle when dropping down because it's more about reversing their momentum and changing their mentality.

Yep. I do think the majority of fans are positive. We are seeing a team generally trying to play attractive football. They are a work in progress. I agree that promotion next year is far from a given, and we have to be patient.
Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 09:02 - Mar 13 with 1660 viewsunstableblue

Great to see some positive and fair reflection on last night.

I'm not sure it was all brilliant, but I just enjoyed watching some of the decent passing and interplay, and at times energy. We came out strong at the start of the game and at the start of the second half which really pleased me.

A lot of people were bemoaning the full backs and indeed some of their defending first half was poor; but both had really good second halves. And kenlock looks good going forward at times; and emmanuel has physical presence.

I thought Dozzell struggled initially to have a true impact on midfield, but his passing started to click and he excites; i would have brought Bishop on earlier though.

Nolan is oozing class at times, he is a good player.

Toto, wobbled at times, but also did a lot of things right.

Bristol City have some good players, and I think we nullified them.

Another error from Chambers almost cost us, but he was OK.

Our issue is not committing enough players into the box.

Such a shame this run has come too late and is combined with a striker crisis. We really should not be going down given the performances of late. Much worse teams in this league.

Positivity amongst fans is great.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 11:34 - Mar 13 with 1567 viewsMrTown

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 07:33 - Mar 13 by Darth_Koont

Bit of a contradiction, stating how you’re not pessimistic then go onto be pessimistic.

Hell of a skill that.

Login to get fewer ads

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 11:34 - Mar 13 with 1564 viewsMrTown

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 07:25 - Mar 13 by m14_blue

Agree with most of that but I don’t think it’s true to say we only started playing having gone a goal behind, the first half hour was really good.

Definitely encouraging signs.

I mean we play welll. Don’t take any chances then it takes us to go a goal down to get going again.

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 11:44 - Mar 13 with 1545 viewsMrTown

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 09:02 - Mar 13 by unstableblue

Great to see some positive and fair reflection on last night.

I'm not sure it was all brilliant, but I just enjoyed watching some of the decent passing and interplay, and at times energy. We came out strong at the start of the game and at the start of the second half which really pleased me.

A lot of people were bemoaning the full backs and indeed some of their defending first half was poor; but both had really good second halves. And kenlock looks good going forward at times; and emmanuel has physical presence.

I thought Dozzell struggled initially to have a true impact on midfield, but his passing started to click and he excites; i would have brought Bishop on earlier though.

Nolan is oozing class at times, he is a good player.

Toto, wobbled at times, but also did a lot of things right.

Bristol City have some good players, and I think we nullified them.

Another error from Chambers almost cost us, but he was OK.

Our issue is not committing enough players into the box.

Such a shame this run has come too late and is combined with a striker crisis. We really should not be going down given the performances of late. Much worse teams in this league.

Positivity amongst fans is great.

Far from all brilliant, but people who are insistent upon negative pessimists right now seize to amaze me. Lambert has got a togetherness back at the club, something that has been been missing for years and I’m enjoying being a Town fan again just because of optimism of the future.

If people want to remain negative, then that’s their own choice, but they’re not fans, not real fans.

Full backs are v young, Emmanuel first game since 2017, Kenlock first ever real run in the team.
They need time, but they’re not going to be perfect by any stretch of the imagination. We’re bottom of the Champ, we don’t have perfect footballers. But think on the whole defended well and gave nothing away, and both have always been v positive attacking.

Dozzell has incredible passing ability and vision, again needs consistent game time to start executing it consistently but he always is looking for a killer pass which I like.

I’m really enjoying being a Town fan at the moment.

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 11:46 - Mar 13 with 1542 viewsballycastle

Not overly concerned with the doubters, they just loved their comfort blanket that sent all to sleep.
Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 14:31 - Mar 13 with 1447 viewsDarth_Koont

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 11:34 - Mar 13 by MrTown

Bit of a contradiction, stating how you’re not pessimistic then go onto be pessimistic.

Hell of a skill that.

I'm not pessimistic just wary. And especially wary when people think we're all set for League One based on recent performances.

It's a bit like the discussion in Something's thread where you're not allowed to think relegation is disastrous and yet also be positive about the future. I can see strengths and weaknesses and overall I think Lambert and the eventual squad *should* be alright. But our inability to get what we deserve out of games is a big concern. So I'd feel a whole lot better about our prospects if we showed we could get results before August. I think the squad and Lambert need that too.

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 15:53 - Mar 13 with 1375 viewsWhymarkmariner

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 08:39 - Mar 13 by blueislander

Yep. I do think the majority of fans are positive. We are seeing a team generally trying to play attractive football. They are a work in progress. I agree that promotion next year is far from a given, and we have to be patient.

Agree that these young players need time and the fans need to be patient. I have been a bit annoyed about some of the comments regarding Myles Kenlock. He's improving all the time and like the rest of the youngsters mistakes are inevitable. What I am more fearful of is not that these young players will come good it's more that if we don't come back up after next season will the fans stick with them and will the owner ? I believe M.E. will bankroll the team adequately for next season, but there will be some departures because of the fact that some are out of contract, many are loan players and the likes of Judge may be snapped up by a Championship side. We will need some additions especially as Pennington will go and Chambers might as well, along with Knudsen. What I do feel we desperately need is a striker. Freddie would be good, but he's out of it, Quaner I wouldn't consider, Edwards could be o.k. along with Keane,if he stays fit. Therefore we need to expand our search to Spain and Italy, Holland and Croatia and with PL's links to Germany to find another Pablo Counago type. Unless we get the defensive frailties and a goalscorer sorted we may be repeating this season.
Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 19:10 - Mar 13 with 1305 viewsnshearman1

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 15:53 - Mar 13 by Whymarkmariner

Agree that these young players need time and the fans need to be patient. I have been a bit annoyed about some of the comments regarding Myles Kenlock. He's improving all the time and like the rest of the youngsters mistakes are inevitable. What I am more fearful of is not that these young players will come good it's more that if we don't come back up after next season will the fans stick with them and will the owner ? I believe M.E. will bankroll the team adequately for next season, but there will be some departures because of the fact that some are out of contract, many are loan players and the likes of Judge may be snapped up by a Championship side. We will need some additions especially as Pennington will go and Chambers might as well, along with Knudsen. What I do feel we desperately need is a striker. Freddie would be good, but he's out of it, Quaner I wouldn't consider, Edwards could be o.k. along with Keane,if he stays fit. Therefore we need to expand our search to Spain and Italy, Holland and Croatia and with PL's links to Germany to find another Pablo Counago type. Unless we get the defensive frailties and a goalscorer sorted we may be repeating this season.

Agree with this, I've never understood why we don't look to the continent, particularly given how close we are to it, for better and cheaper imports.
On another note for the Negatives, I've had a couple of texts from old City ST holders from last night, one saying our point was well-deserved, the other saying 'Enjoyed your no fear and open approach last night'. Time to get off the boys' backs!
Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 19:17 - Mar 13 with 1293 viewsm14_blue

Can’t believe people still drop an air of negativity around after that on 11:34 - Mar 13 by MrTown

I mean we play welll. Don’t take any chances then it takes us to go a goal down to get going again.

Yep, that’s fair
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024