Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Handball 07:47 - Mar 13 with 1751 viewssparks

From where I was there was as clear a penalty as could be towards the end of the first half. Bristol defender virtually caught it with both hands. Was I imagining things?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Handball on 07:54 - Mar 13 with 1715 viewsSaleAway

there was a shot from distance that hit a bristol player - I don't think it was a pen though, because I don't think he had his arms out, but it did travel an awful long way before it hit him ( he had time to get his arms out the way). Don't think there were replays though, so just my original thoughts.

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

Handball on 08:02 - Mar 13 with 1686 viewsGuthrum

No, you weren't. Utterly blatant, both hands up in front of him, but ignored by the ref.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Handball on 08:09 - Mar 13 with 1662 viewsBluebell

Handball on 08:02 - Mar 13 by Guthrum

No, you weren't. Utterly blatant, both hands up in front of him, but ignored by the ref.

What surprised me was the Sky commentators kept on and on about the ball being a couple of inches over the line for the corner kick that resulted in their goal. Those inches made no difference at all.

Then when there was a blatant hand ball they agreed it definitely hit his hand and brushed over it and didn't mention it again.

Madness!
Handball on 08:15 - Mar 13 with 1635 viewssparks

Handball on 08:02 - Mar 13 by Guthrum

Ref may have been wrong side to see. But I thought he used both hands to control the ball and ensure it didn't bounce into a dangerous space.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Handball on 08:33 - Mar 13 with 1587 viewsitfcjoe

There was a huge appeal by the away crowd, and it had travelled along way - but never showed any replays on the TV

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Handball on 09:18 - Mar 13 with 1480 viewsGuthrum

Handball on 08:15 - Mar 13 by sparks

Ref may have been wrong side to see. But I thought he used both hands to control the ball and ensure it didn't bounce into a dangerous space.

As you said originally, practically caught the ball.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Handball on 09:43 - Mar 13 with 1432 viewsPJH

No you were not imagining things, either that or I was imagining things too.
In fact I yelled out that he "effing caught it".
Handball on 10:18 - Mar 13 with 1368 viewsSwansea_Blue

Handball on 08:09 - Mar 13 by Bluebell

What surprised me was the Sky commentators kept on and on about the ball being a couple of inches over the line for the corner kick that resulted in their goal. Those inches made no difference at all.

Then when there was a blatant hand ball they agreed it definitely hit his hand and brushed over it and didn't mention it again.

Madness!

I keep telling the missus that a couple of extra inches wouldn't make a difference. She can be really mean at times.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Handball on 10:28 - Mar 13 with 1344 viewsSouperJim

Sky showed a replay after the game. He was turning to the side and his arms were by his sides in a fairly normal position and the ball hit him on the arm. It wasn't out from his body and would have continued on to hit him on the side if he had been armless! Never a pen folks.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Handball on 20:21 - Mar 13 with 1192 viewsWickets

Handball on 08:09 - Mar 13 by Bluebell

Madness!

Actually the corner being outside of the D made a huge difference because they got away with playing a quick short corner if the lino had done his job and made them take it again the player who recieved the ball and crossed it would have been marked. The direct cross is easier to defend , Very little excuse for the goal but the rules are there for a purpose.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024