Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge 08:58 - Mar 13 with 3449 viewsartsbossbeard

Away from home, we've just played a top six side off the park for the majority of the game and had their manager admit that we were much the better side, yet the concentration of the posts to follow seems to be around complaining about a standard Chambers game (you know what you're gonna get) and the unjust castigation of the full backs who did their job last night.

Some of our fan base deserve 3rd tier football.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:04 - Mar 13 with 3402 viewsReuser_is_God

Amazing isn't it.

I was hugely encouraged last night. A team with plenty of youngsters & minimal loans playing some really decent football. Sharpen up in both boxes & we'll be absolutely fine next season.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

hear hear... on 09:04 - Mar 13 with 3385 viewsunstableblue

plus our full backs actually really turned it around and had good second halves

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:05 - Mar 13 with 3382 viewsKieran_Knows

If you're not encouraged or pleased with last nights result then PL literally has no chance getting people on side.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:19 - Mar 13 with 3278 viewsDarth_Koont

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:05 - Mar 13 by Kieran_Knows

If you're not encouraged or pleased with last nights result then PL literally has no chance getting people on side.

Bit more nuanced than that, I think.

I agree there's no reason to slate individual players after a good team performance where all played their part. But we can be concerned about results as that's where we're lacking.

Games like that (and there have been a fair number) where we pressure but don't really threaten enough make me more concerned for next year. Turning performances and even some non-performances into results is the most critical part of football.

I don't think the standard of opposition next year is poor enough to bridge that current gap in our squad. So I think it's important to end this season much better on that score and take some momentum into next season rather than expecting it to magically appear. It doesn't and that's why relegated sides often keep struggling in the tier below.

Pronouns: He/Him

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:22 - Mar 13 with 3256 viewschicoazul

Agreed. Although dear old Chambo really is chugging at the moment and, although having thought about it I would like him to stay in the squad, we should look to replace him in the team.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:23 - Mar 13 with 3228 viewsSitfcB

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:22 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

Agreed. Although dear old Chambo really is chugging at the moment and, although having thought about it I would like him to stay in the squad, we should look to replace him in the team.

He will be a standout performer in League 1.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:25 - Mar 13 with 3211 viewschicoazul

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:23 - Mar 13 by SitfcB

He will be a standout performer in League 1.

I dunno man. He is slow now yes but he also seems to be getting bullied and buffetted around quite a bit too, the Bristol guy last night did him a few times on pure strength. Lots of big lumps up front in League 1.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:25 - Mar 13 with 3217 viewsitfcjoe

At one point on the pitch we had Kenlock, Emmanuel, Dozzell and El Mizouni and were looking more likely to find the winner.

We then replaced Dozzell for Bishop and still looked more likely.

We get told our kids aren't up to it, our captain isn't good enough - if that was the case how did we go to Bristol and be the better side against a play off challenger who a few games ago had won 9 in a row!

You think Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis get this stick up the road when they make errors, because they do make errors.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:38 - Mar 13 with 3108 viewsclive_baker

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:25 - Mar 13 by itfcjoe

At one point on the pitch we had Kenlock, Emmanuel, Dozzell and El Mizouni and were looking more likely to find the winner.

We then replaced Dozzell for Bishop and still looked more likely.

We get told our kids aren't up to it, our captain isn't good enough - if that was the case how did we go to Bristol and be the better side against a play off challenger who a few games ago had won 9 in a row!

You think Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis get this stick up the road when they make errors, because they do make errors.

Quite, and that’s not to mention Downes and Lancaster. Perhaps Woolfenden might have a shout next season too off the back of a season at Swindon. The future is definitely bright for next season, and I have confidence that PL can hit the reset button in the summer and come back with an exciting and committed squad. My only regret from last night was that Bishop didn’t get longer than 5 minutes. He always looks like making something happen and even in the short time he was on he made 2 good runs forcing a corner and a dangerous freekick. Essential he stays fit.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 10:32]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:40 - Mar 13 with 3072 viewsartsbossbeard

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:38 - Mar 13 by clive_baker

Quite, and that’s not to mention Downes and Lancaster. Perhaps Woolfenden might have a shout next season too off the back of a season at Swindon. The future is definitely bright for next season, and I have confidence that PL can hit the reset button in the summer and come back with an exciting and committed squad. My only regret from last night was that Bishop didn’t get longer than 5 minutes. He always looks like making something happen and even in the short time he was on he made 2 good runs forcing a corner and a dangerous freekick. Essential he stays fit.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 10:32]

Guessing the Bishop decision is with the Forest game in mind this weekend.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

POTFD (n/t) on 09:40 - Mar 13 with 3064 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:41 - Mar 13 with 3057 viewsKieran_Knows

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:40 - Mar 13 by artsbossbeard

Guessing the Bishop decision is with the Forest game in mind this weekend.

Indeed, be very surprised if he doesn't start this weekend.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:42 - Mar 13 with 3046 viewsclive_baker

The encouraging thing for me is we aren’t getting slapped by anyone, far from it. In recent weeks we’ve drawn with Derby, Stoke, WBA and Bristol City and been every bit worthy of the points and perhaps more. A bit more luck, both on the pitch and with injuries (Sears & Keane especially) and we might have converted a couple of those draws to wins. We all just need to get behind Lambert and the squad, see this season out and send them off for pre season with a sense of ‘right, we owe it to that support to get back up next season’.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Don't worry about that on 09:51 - Mar 13 with 2989 viewsDyland

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:19 - Mar 13 by Darth_Koont

Bit more nuanced than that, I think.

I agree there's no reason to slate individual players after a good team performance where all played their part. But we can be concerned about results as that's where we're lacking.

Games like that (and there have been a fair number) where we pressure but don't really threaten enough make me more concerned for next year. Turning performances and even some non-performances into results is the most critical part of football.

I don't think the standard of opposition next year is poor enough to bridge that current gap in our squad. So I think it's important to end this season much better on that score and take some momentum into next season rather than expecting it to magically appear. It doesn't and that's why relegated sides often keep struggling in the tier below.

We're going to win our next seven games innit.

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:51 - Mar 13 with 3001 viewsSwansea_Blue

"Played off the park", "great second halves from the full backs".

I really think we've been so used to complete and utter dross that we've forgotten what genuine good football (for this league) looks like. We battled and put in a shift, and it's better than it has been, but it's clear to me that we don't have the quality.

To me Kenlock and Emmanuel look raw, uncertain and not especially comfortable on the ball. Chambo hoofs under the nearest sign of pressure. Nsiala doesn't fill me with confidence. Central midfield is light, although Chalobah is a bright spot but naive at times. Teddy makes a massive difference. Edwards and Judge drift in and out of games too much, which is fine if you change the game when you're in it, but they rarely do and the end product isn't there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually enjoying watching us now as the effort and energy is there and we are at least attempting to play football. But we make hard work of it sometimes. There are "green shoots of recovery" but I'm far from convinced we'd have the individual quality to survive in this league even if we started the season again.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

In a nutshell... on 09:57 - Mar 13 with 2949 viewsDyland

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 09:51 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

I really think we've been so used to complete and utter dross that we've forgotten what genuine good football (for this league) looks like. We battled and put in a shift, and it's better than it has been, but it's clear to me that we don't have the quality.

To me Kenlock and Emmanuel look raw, uncertain and not especially comfortable on the ball. Chambo hoofs under the nearest sign of pressure. Nsiala doesn't fill me with confidence. Central midfield is light, although Chalobah is a bright spot but naive at times. Teddy makes a massive difference. Edwards and Judge drift in and out of games too much, which is fine if you change the game when you're in it, but they rarely do and the end product isn't there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm actually enjoying watching us now as the effort and energy is there and we are at least attempting to play football. But we make hard work of it sometimes. There are "green shoots of recovery" but I'm far from convinced we'd have the individual quality to survive in this league even if we started the season again.

Whatever positives can be gleaned, we still can't win games.

I don't disagree with your points. Good football except in both boxes.

I'm not overly optimistic, but nor am I feeling especially negative, and certainly not down on individual performers. And we should give Lambert a chance without judging from results this season. The whole mess is more layered than simply looking either at his points record or the style of play, tactics etc.

COYFB

In a nutshell... on 10:01 - Mar 13 with 2912 viewsSwansea_Blue

In a nutshell... on 09:57 - Mar 13 by Dyland

Whatever positives can be gleaned, we still can't win games.

I don't disagree with your points. Good football except in both boxes.

I'm not overly optimistic, but nor am I feeling especially negative, and certainly not down on individual performers. And we should give Lambert a chance without judging from results this season. The whole mess is more layered than simply looking either at his points record or the style of play, tactics etc.

COYFB

I'd agree with that except it will upset Chico. I'll take 'enjoying watching us again and enjoying the start of Lambert's journey' as the biggest positives from this season.

Moan, moan, moan, whinge, whinge, whinge on 10:02 - Mar 13 with 2911 viewsBrianTablet

Nailed it there. Totally agree on all that.

I've no idea why Bishop didn't come on earlier last night. His end product is way better than the rest of the midfield.

Weirdly, I think the problem with our attack is that we need to rebuild our defence.
Our midfield can never feel confident getting forward/flooding the box because they don't trust our defence to cover them.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

In a nutshell... on 10:03 - Mar 13 with 2891 viewschicoazul

In a nutshell... on 10:01 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

I'd agree with that except it will upset Chico. I'll take 'enjoying watching us again and enjoying the start of Lambert's journey' as the biggest positives from this season.

Me? Dyland is one of the few people on here who talks sense about football.

In a nutshell... on 10:03 - Mar 13 with 2882 viewsSwansea_Blue

In a nutshell... on 10:03 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

I thought you were bored of people agreeing with each other? Make your mind up

In a nutshell... on 10:05 - Mar 13 with 2872 viewschicoazul

In a nutshell... on 10:03 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

I thought you were bored of people agreeing with each other? Make your mind up

Well yeah, that's why I disagreed with you.

XOXO

Indeed on 10:10 - Mar 13 with 2832 viewsDyland

In a nutshell... on 10:03 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

Don't worry about that by Dyland 13 Mar 2019 9:51

Good Post, BUT.... on 10:11 - Mar 13 with 2816 viewsunstableblue

You make the essential point that many on TWTD have simply forgotten what genuine good football looks like. I remember coming back from 85% of Town games over two seasons onto this board and reading comments on performances, and just thinking WTF?! that wasn't a performance it was slow, drudgery, no tempo and certainly no passing. We got outplayed - maybe not beaten - week in week out.

Now we are beginning to see a team showing some endeavour.

I agree on Chambo, and in part on Toto. But i thought the full backs did greatly improve and did show enough to give some hope. I particularly like emmanuel's strength on the ball and kenlocks ability to 'glide'

I thought both edwards and judge had moments, but both struggled with the final ball

definite green shoots, perhaps a fit downes, bishop playing week in week out, and a couple more additions and we might be even more exciting. Striker is key. And a new chalobah.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Indeed on 10:16 - Mar 13 with 2776 viewschicoazul

Indeed on 10:10 - Mar 13 by Dyland

Don't worry about that by Dyland 13 Mar 2019 9:51

I should have said "before 11am when the first Dubonnet goes in"

Indeed on 10:29 - Mar 13 with 2699 viewscarlisleaway

Indeed on 10:16 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

I should have said "before 11am when the first Dubonnet goes in"

Good team performance last night and yes we do have areas that need strengthening on a major scale. You also have to look at the age of the team with a massive lack of experience, but Lambert has backed up what supporters have been moaning about for years.....play the youths, but he still gets slated. Personally we are missing that out and out centre forward who could put away those half chances. Oh for a Marcus Stewart, but there again a player of his ability would have been snapped up by clubs with money
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024