Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That was good last night 10:06 - Mar 13 with 4156 viewsSomethingBlue

While we can't say things have "turned", and they certainly won't in time to keep us up, there are signs of a consistent level of performance now and more resilience about the team. If we could keep our strikers fit we'd probably have won one or two of the games we've drawn. Thought that was very good yesterday in most departments and if we'd been able to approach games like that a couple of months ago we'd be right in the scrap. But I think we're all getting a bit of a clearer idea about how Lambert wants to do things and, while the pain of going down is going to be immense, I'm fully onboard with his plan for bringing us back.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

That was good last night on 10:17 - Mar 13 with 2653 viewschicoazul

It's like he (rightly) said the other day, plenty of clubs have gone to L1 and bounced back stronger. I'm looking forwards to it, we might even win a few games.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

That was good last night on 10:21 - Mar 13 with 2643 viewsSomethingBlue

That was good last night on 10:17 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

It's like he (rightly) said the other day, plenty of clubs have gone to L1 and bounced back stronger. I'm looking forwards to it, we might even win a few games.

If we get to late August and Dozzell, Downes, Bishop have all been sold (think one probably will be mind you) then that might temper my optimism but we have some really good footballers available to us just now and a long run-up to get everything working for next season.

That was good last night on 10:31 - Mar 13 with 2599 viewssoupytwist

That was good last night on 10:21 - Mar 13 by SomethingBlue

If we get to late August and Dozzell, Downes, Bishop have all been sold (think one probably will be mind you) then that might temper my optimism but we have some really good footballers available to us just now and a long run-up to get everything working for next season.

I think that the best we can hope for in League One is a Dele Ali style deal for Dozzell where he does enough early season to be bought and loaned back by a Prem club. Tottenham would be great, for several reasons.
That was good last night on 10:35 - Mar 13 with 2583 viewschicoazul

That was good last night on 10:31 - Mar 13 by soupytwist

I think that the best we can hope for in League One is a Dele Ali style deal for Dozzell where he does enough early season to be bought and loaned back by a Prem club. Tottenham would be great, for several reasons.

Dozzell didnt look particularly up to much yesterday, apart from being quite good at pulling back people running away from him. If we have to lose any of the players Thingers mentioned I'd have it be him.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

That was good last night on 10:35 - Mar 13 with 2575 viewsBrixtonBlue

That was good last night on 10:21 - Mar 13 by SomethingBlue

Good to see you optimistic now.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

That was good last night on 10:42 - Mar 13 with 2546 viewsSomethingBlue

That was good last night on 10:35 - Mar 13 by BrixtonBlue

Good to see you optimistic now.

Always been optimistic about Lambert tbf. I'm disappointed he hasn't kept us up but he's a proper manager, a proper person too, clearly wants to get under the bonnet and build a club. Perhaps that's been at odds with our short-term goals but I think the long-term picture is becoming clearer and that we might just end up being OK.

That was good last night on 11:06 - Mar 13 with 2474 viewsBrixtonBlue

That was good last night on 10:42 - Mar 13 by SomethingBlue

Always been optimistic about Lambert tbf. I'm disappointed he hasn't kept us up but he's a proper manager, a proper person too, clearly wants to get under the bonnet and build a club. Perhaps that's been at odds with our short-term goals but I think the long-term picture is becoming clearer and that we might just end up being OK.

Really? Not long ago you and a couple of others said relegation would be a disaster. I got stick for saying it wouldn't (not off you necessarily) but it's good to see people generally seem to be more optimistic for the future now.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

That was good last night on 11:08 - Mar 13 with 2452 viewschicoazul

That was good last night on 11:06 - Mar 13 by BrixtonBlue

Really? Not long ago you and a couple of others said relegation would be a disaster. I got stick for saying it wouldn't (not off you necessarily) but it's good to see people generally seem to be more optimistic for the future now.

what's not disastrous about getting relegated?

Login to get fewer ads

That was good last night on 11:09 - Mar 13 with 2456 viewsSomethingBlue

I don't want to do this again! It will be awful. There is no dressing it up. And we can't yet see exactly what impact it will have on various areas of our club. But I can see Lambert has a plan; if he is allowed to put it properly into effect — and that's an if — then we may well come out OK.

That was good last night on 11:10 - Mar 13 with 2446 viewschicoazul

That was good last night on 11:09 - Mar 13 by SomethingBlue

I don't want to do this again! It will be awful. There is no dressing it up. And we can't yet see exactly what impact it will have on various areas of our club. But I can see Lambert has a plan; if he is allowed to put it properly into effect — and that's an if — then we may well come out OK.

It's almost as if we aren't supposed to simultaneously think relegation will be a disaster but that eventually things may be ok, isnt it. As if those two things are mutually exclusive.

That was good last night on 11:12 - Mar 13 with 2432 viewsSomethingBlue

That was good last night on 11:10 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

It's almost as if we aren't supposed to simultaneously think relegation will be a disaster but that eventually things may be ok, isnt it. As if those two things are mutually exclusive.

Yes I'm not sure how it's difficult to understand, but there we go.

That was good last night on 11:12 - Mar 13 with 2431 viewsBrixtonBlue

That was good last night on 11:10 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

Arselicker.

That was good last night on 11:14 - Mar 13 with 2423 viewsBrixtonBlue

That was good last night on 11:08 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

what's not disastrous about getting relegated?

Depends how you define disaster I guess. I've said all along it's not a disaster. A disaster is the club plummeting down the leagues or going out of business.

They aren't mutually exclusive positions ba on 11:15 - Mar 13 with 2412 viewsDyland

You seem to be arguing a semantic point. And like a dog with a bone. You're sometimes like a sh1t version of Bullers.

:)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

That was good last night on 11:15 - Mar 13 with 2407 viewschicoazul

That was good last night on 11:12 - Mar 13 by SomethingBlue

Binary thinking is the only way! If you think this thing, then that means you do not ever think that thing too!

That was good last night on 11:17 - Mar 13 with 2391 viewschicoazul

That was good last night on 11:14 - Mar 13 by BrixtonBlue

Depends how you define disaster I guess. I've said all along it's not a disaster. A disaster is the club plummeting down the leagues or going out of business.

"Depends how you define disaster", goes on to define disaster.

They aren't mutually exclusive positions ba on 11:19 - Mar 13 with 2382 viewsgiant_stow

They aren't mutually exclusive positions ba on 11:15 - Mar 13 by Dyland

You seem to be arguing a semantic point. And like a dog with a bone. You're sometimes like a sh1t version of Bullers.

ouch!!! put your claws away, brute!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

That was good last night on 11:22 - Mar 13 with 2373 viewsBrixtonBlue

That was good last night on 11:12 - Mar 13 by SomethingBlue

Before you and others were being a little OTT IMO. I didn't believe it was helpful. Now you appear a little more judicious. For this club to turn around it needs people to be calm and pull together, not panicking and talking about disasters and the demise of the club.

Straw man alert (n/t) on 11:23 - Mar 13 with 2365 viewsDyland

That was good last night on 11:22 - Mar 13 by BrixtonBlue

Before you and others were being a little OTT IMO. I didn't believe it was helpful. Now you appear a little more judicious. For this club to turn around it needs people to be calm and pull together, not panicking and talking about disasters and the demise of the club.

That was good last night on 11:23 - Mar 13 with 2364 viewschicoazul

Ahhh, so people posting their thoughts on a message board are panicking. Or does it depend how you define panicking?

They aren't mutually exclusive positions ba on 11:24 - Mar 13 with 2352 viewsBrixtonBlue

You can think what you like but it's not just semantics. It's the whole panicky vibe from some. People need to chill the F out. A season or two in League 1 is not the end of the world.

They aren't mutually exclusive positions ba on 11:24 - Mar 13 with 2350 viewsSteve_M

GMPF!

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

That was good last night on 11:25 - Mar 13 with 2343 viewsSomethingBlue

Good job I didn't do any of that, then, isn't it!

That was good last night on 11:26 - Mar 13 with 2324 viewsBrixtonBlue

That was good last night on 11:17 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

"Depends how you define disaster", goes on to define disaster.

Well yeah. Depends how YOU define disaster, I define it thusly. Whats wrong with that?

Another straw man Jerseys on 11:26 - Mar 13 with 2318 viewsDyland

They aren't mutually exclusive positions ba on 11:24 - Mar 13 by BrixtonBlue

You can think what you like but it's not just semantics. It's the whole panicky vibe from some. People need to chill the F out. A season or two in League 1 is not the end of the world.

arfx

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024