Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg 11:10 - Mar 13 with 6173 viewsblueconscience

I would have thought being in the EU would have prevented this sort of thing happening?

As that was what I was sold in the vote, that being in the EU would protect jobs!!

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:11 - Mar 13 with 2794 viewschicoazul

Got many friends at Philips Avent in Sudbury? You should try that argument with them, see how you get on with it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:12 - Mar 13 with 2766 viewsWithnail

Erm, ah, yeah, errrr. Hmmmm.

Brexit!! 1!
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:19 - Mar 13 with 2739 viewsblueconscience

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:11 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

Got many friends at Philips Avent in Sudbury? You should try that argument with them, see how you get on with it.

Got friends in both Delphi and Philips. Stories related to both were immediately blaming Brexit.

Whether or not they are true in another matter.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:22 - Mar 13 with 2729 viewsgiant_stow

Haven't you noticed the jobs cuts blamed on brexit?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:24 - Mar 13 with 2719 viewsSwansea_Blue

Jesus Christ

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:25 - Mar 13 with 2714 viewsblueconscience

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:22 - Mar 13 by giant_stow

Haven't you noticed the jobs cuts blamed on brexit?

So the EU playing hardball is starting to shoot themselves in the foot?

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:26 - Mar 13 with 2705 viewsgiant_stow

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:25 - Mar 13 by blueconscience

I haven't got a clue what the connection is - why did Volkswagen say they were laying off those people?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:26 - Mar 13 with 2708 viewsclive_baker

I'm pro remain but I have to say cherry picking cases like Honda Swindon and attributing the closure to Brexit is utter nonsense. It's every bit to do with cost saving, automation and evolution of the car industry. Car manufacturers are tech companies now, not manufacturing. If Brexit is the primary reason it begs the question why they're not relocating to EU countries? Listened to a great podcast on it recently called Beyond Today, with some industry experts. Really recommend it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:26 - Mar 13 with 2707 viewsblueconscience

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:24 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

Jesus Christ

Take it you mean that in regards to me thinking the being in the EU would have prevented this happening?

My ignorance knows no bounds

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:27 - Mar 13 with 2701 viewsNo9

VW are making cars in China, world sales on cars / motor vehicles is well down.
Ask Range Rover / Jag & look at why Aston Martin shares dropped more than 30%
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:28 - Mar 13 with 2695 viewsNo9

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:25 - Mar 13 by blueconscience

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:29 - Mar 13 with 2688 viewsblueconscience

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:26 - Mar 13 by giant_stow

I haven't got a clue what the connection is - why did Volkswagen say they were laying off those people?

My point is people are constantly blaming brexit for all the job losses over here, but manufacturing jobs have been on the decline here since long before brexit and would probably have happened with brexit or no brexit.

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:36 - Mar 13 with 2667 viewsgiant_stow

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:29 - Mar 13 by blueconscience

My point is people are constantly blaming brexit for all the job losses over here, but manufacturing jobs have been on the decline here since long before brexit and would probably have happened with brexit or no brexit.

Just because something was in decline before (not sure if thats true btw) doesntt mean you can't make it worse by speeding it up, which is exactly what Brexit seems to be doing to the car industry.

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:37 - Mar 13 with 2662 viewsNo9

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:29 - Mar 13 by blueconscience

The problem with building / doing things for any Non UK company has always been that when things get tough the parent company will pull things back to protect jobs in the homeland - that is what Honda & others are doing.

Tell me what the UK can manufacture to sell into the big wide world that doesn't require materials or components coming from the EU?
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:40 - Mar 13 with 2647 viewschicoazul

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:26 - Mar 13 by clive_baker

I'm pro remain but I have to say cherry picking cases like Honda Swindon and attributing the closure to Brexit is utter nonsense. It's every bit to do with cost saving, automation and evolution of the car industry. Car manufacturers are tech companies now, not manufacturing. If Brexit is the primary reason it begs the question why they're not relocating to EU countries? Listened to a great podcast on it recently called Beyond Today, with some industry experts. Really recommend it.

This is certainly a fair comment so it therefore doesn't make a lot of sense to have an enormous change in how we do business with our largest commercial partner *at the same time*.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:43 - Mar 13 with 2633 viewsfooters

Probably going to set up shop in Global Britain.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:43 - Mar 13 with 2632 viewschicoazul

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:37 - Mar 13 by No9

The problem with building / doing things for any Non UK company has always been that when things get tough the parent company will pull things back to protect jobs in the homeland - that is what Honda & others are doing.

Tell me what the UK can manufacture to sell into the big wide world that doesn't require materials or components coming from the EU?

Jam.

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:44 - Mar 13 with 2626 viewsNo9

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:43 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

Jam.

Fishermans Friends are the only British product you will find everywhere
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:45 - Mar 13 with 2624 viewsclive_baker

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:40 - Mar 13 by chicoazul

This is certainly a fair comment so it therefore doesn't make a lot of sense to have an enormous change in how we do business with our largest commercial partner *at the same time*.

Couldn't agree more, I'm all in favour of remaining in the EU and really believe we're stronger together. The reality is the EU & UK isn't as influential or important in the context of the worlds economy as either likes to think, particularly when it comes to automation and robotisation where Asia does and will continue to lead the way. Brexit is a bit of a red herring, but we're still better off having the EU inside our tent p1ssing out. IMO.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:51 - Mar 13 with 2604 viewsGuthrum

Global economic slowdown. Affects pretty much everybody (or soon will do).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:57 - Mar 13 with 2581 viewsSwansea_Blue

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:26 - Mar 13 by giant_stow

They're not laying anyone off. Voluntary redundancies to become leaner to try and increase profit margin. No mention of Brexit in any of this, unlike those cases where Brexit has been specifically named as a reason for decisions being taken in this country.

It's pointless thread, but will get a few bites.

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:59 - Mar 13 with 2571 viewsSwansea_Blue

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:26 - Mar 13 by blueconscience

Take it you mean that in regards to me thinking the being in the EU would have prevented this happening?

My ignorance knows no bounds

Assumed you were trolling.

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:08 - Mar 13 with 2544 viewsSwansea_Blue

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:51 - Mar 13 by Guthrum

Global economic slowdown. Affects pretty much everybody (or soon will do).

Good job we're not doing anything that would make us a less attractive place to do business then...

Oh.

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:09 - Mar 13 with 2539 viewsXYZ

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:57 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

They're not laying anyone off. Voluntary redundancies to become leaner to try and increase profit margin. No mention of Brexit in any of this, unlike those cases where Brexit has been specifically named as a reason for decisions being taken in this country.

It's pointless thread, but will get a few bites.

Don't VW need to find a pile of cash to pay the various fines for cheating on their diesel emissions?

And, of course, Brexit will damage the german car industry as has been acknowledged all along.

So much so, in fact, that they'll make sure the EU give the UK an easy great deal - at least I recall reading that on here a couple of years ago.
Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 12:10 - Mar 13 with 2538 viewsblueconscience

Volkswagen to lay off 7000 in Wolfsburg on 11:59 - Mar 13 by Swansea_Blue

Assumed you were trolling.

Look up the term trolling please, it is overused and abused on this forum, it seems to be used everytime someone doesn’t agree with something

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024