Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huws back training 17:16 - Mar 14 with 4848 viewsMrTown

Huws trained this morning for the first time since 1957 but how long will he last until he suffers a set back?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Huws back training on 17:28 - Mar 14 with 4804 viewsmanchego

We're stayin' up !!!
Huws back training on 17:38 - Mar 14 with 4776 viewscatch74

Randomly with the site issues earlier, I absent mindedly started watching the Accrington press conference, which started with the news that Huws was training. Very upset when I worked out what I was listening to.
Imagine my delight when Lambert said it again today!

Cool story and all that.

Ps hope he manages a Bishopesque revival & raring to go next season. Imagine the midfield in L1 if we get Judge too. Plenty of goals there I reckon, sod worrying about a striker.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Huws back training on 18:12 - Mar 14 with 4708 viewscbower

Huws back training on 17:38 - Mar 14 by catch74

Randomly with the site issues earlier, I absent mindedly started watching the Accrington press conference, which started with the news that Huws was training. Very upset when I worked out what I was listening to.

Cool story and all that.

Ps hope he manages a Bishopesque revival & raring to go next season. Imagine the midfield in L1 if we get Judge too. Plenty of goals there I reckon, sod worrying about a striker.

Unfortunately, Huws does not have a great appearance record for much of his career. That was the reason that a quality player with his pedigree ended up at Town. Thus far, the gamble has spectacularly backfired. However, hope springs eternal. On the other, Adeyemi had a decent appearance record and has barely been seen since signing. My guess is, he will be gone as soon as his contract is up.

bluescouser

Huws back training on 18:29 - Mar 14 with 4673 viewsjas0999

Wouldn’t mind betting he’d love a run of five or so games so he can put himself in the market for a move elsewhere - on more money - than he will get when wages cut after nailed on relegation.

Let’s hope that happens as he is a complete waste of a wage.
Huws back training on 18:30 - Mar 14 with 4673 viewsMrTown

Huws back training on 18:12 - Mar 14 by cbower

Unfortunately, Huws does not have a great appearance record for much of his career. That was the reason that a quality player with his pedigree ended up at Town. Thus far, the gamble has spectacularly backfired. However, hope springs eternal. On the other, Adeyemi had a decent appearance record and has barely been seen since signing. My guess is, he will be gone as soon as his contract is up.

It’s the hope that kills you!

Not sure more what Town can do, he’s just constantly suffering set backs in training.

I’m just praying we hear about 4 or 5 consecutive press conferences where Lambert says: “Yes, Huws is still training”

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Huws back training on 19:03 - Mar 14 with 4603 viewsEireannach_gorm

Huws back training on 20:05 - Mar 14 with 4512 viewsbritbiker

Huws back training on 18:29 - Mar 14 by jas0999

Wouldn’t mind betting he’d love a run of five or so games so he can put himself in the market for a move elsewhere - on more money - than he will get when wages cut after nailed on relegation.

Let’s hope that happens as he is a complete waste of a wage.

Will go to sheffield and play the remaining years injury free.

Sure I saw mcgoldrick on the worlds strongest man show the other night. He was carryjng them giant cannon balls and pulling a truck with his teeth. Not even a limp. :'(
Huws back training on 20:07 - Mar 14 with 4509 viewsNo9

Contract time coming up?
Login to get fewer ads

Huws back training on 20:08 - Mar 14 with 4506 viewsPJH

Huws back training on 20:07 - Mar 14 by No9

Contract time coming up?

Yes, in 27 months time.
Huws back training on 20:53 - Mar 14 with 4442 viewsArnieM

Tbh Ive lost all interest in Emry Huws and will he / wont he play for Town. Just get rid.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Huws back training on 09:34 - Mar 15 with 4199 viewsBluefish

Huws back training on 20:53 - Mar 14 by ArnieM

Tbh Ive lost all interest in Emry Huws and will he / wont he play for Town. Just get rid.

How do you suggest they do that fella?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Huws back training on 09:55 - Mar 15 with 4157 viewsArnieM

Huws back training on 09:34 - Mar 15 by Bluefish

How do you suggest they do that fella?

Like Evans has done every other Player released . Pay him off .

Huws back training on 09:57 - Mar 15 with 4146 viewsLeoMuff

Huws back training on 09:55 - Mar 15 by ArnieM

and what would be the point of that ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Huws back training on 09:58 - Mar 15 with 4143 viewsButterbing

This argument has been made before.

We have a duty of care to get him fit. When players have been paid off before they would have accepted it on the basis they could get a contract elsewhere. Why would Huws accept this?

Also, if there is still a chance we could get him fit and he is of interest to the manager it would be senseless to pay up his contract rather than continuing to pay him and hope that he may contribute again. It would be different if he was a bad influence around the place, I have heard no suggestion of this.
Huws back training on 10:00 - Mar 15 with 4126 viewsBluefish

You suggest that we pay his wages in full in a lump oppose to paying them monthly or weekly?

Huws back training on 10:06 - Mar 15 with 4115 viewsArnieM

Huws back training on 10:00 - Mar 15 by Bluefish

You suggest that we pay his wages in full in a lump oppose to paying them monthly or weekly?

Whatever “ deal” Evans could secure . He’s done it before so what’s the difference now?

Huws has been out so bloody long he doesn’t even show on this

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/verletztespieler/wettbewerb/GB2/plu

How long has he got in his contract anyway , one , two , three years ? Fabulous bit of business that was . He was. injured when we bought him ( not with the current injury granted) . But he was always injured at Cardiff , that’s why they offloaded him. Then comes along Ipswich Mugs Town GC and bloody buys him . Of course he was going to be injured , get injured.

Maybe we should go back in for Jonnie Williams eh?

Huws back training on 10:13 - Mar 15 with 4090 viewsBluefish

Huws back training on 10:06 - Mar 15 by ArnieM

Whatever “ deal” Evans could secure . He’s done it before so what’s the difference now?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/verletztespieler/wettbewerb/GB2/plu

How long has he got in his contract anyway , one , two , three years ? Fabulous bit of business that was . He was. injured when we bought him ( not with the current injury granted) . But he was always injured at Cardiff , that’s why they offloaded him. Then comes along Ipswich Mugs Town GC and bloody buys him . Of course he was going to be injured , get injured.

Evans has never paid off a injured player early in their contract. I doubt any club has, if they did it would probably cost more than it would to just keep him here in the hope that he might play a match for us one day. If he got fit they could probably do a deal but that would be ofd because it would make more sense to play him or sell him.

Huws back training on 11:05 - Mar 15 with 4040 viewsWickets

Huws back training on 10:06 - Mar 15 by ArnieM

Saw Johnny Williams on the box the other night playing for Bury ? v Portsmouth . looked ok .
Huws back training on 11:29 - Mar 15 with 4012 viewsDarth_Koont

Huws back training on 17:38 - Mar 14 by catch74

Cool story and all that.

Exactly. Many were writing off Bishop a while back but up to the beginning of December last year he'd made even fewer appearances than Huws in the previous couple of years.

Not saying it's going to happen, and there may be some more serious underlying question marks about Huws' fitness/injury problems, but some players are just unlucky and troubled by niggly injuries even over a few years.

Huws coming back would be a huge bonus.

Pronouns: He/Him

Huws back training on 19:50 - Mar 17 with 3780 viewsWickets

Huws back training on 11:05 - Mar 15 by Wickets

Saw Johnny Williams on the box the other night playing for Bury ? v Portsmouth . looked ok .

It was Charlton sorry !
Huws back training on 21:00 - Mar 17 with 3675 viewsColin_Viljoen

I suggest we send him to Sheffield Utd
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024