Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VOTE CHAMBERS 22:26 - Mar 14 with 9120 viewsSitfcB

For supporters POTY

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

VOTE CHAMBERS on 10:14 - Mar 15 with 3859 viewsChampionship

I like this idea. A thank you for his off the pitch work.
What has happened to you?! on 10:19 - Mar 15 with 3850 viewsMeadowlark

What has happened to you?! on 07:59 - Mar 15 by SitfcB

No one deserves it.

Chambers should get it for holding the club together.

I see where you're coming from. I'll think about it.
What has happened to you?! on 10:34 - Mar 15 with 3829 viewschicoazul

What has happened to you?! on 07:59 - Mar 15 by SitfcB

No one deserves it.

Chambers should get it for holding the club together.

This is, in fact, an excellent argument. He should get it on that basis.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

VOTE CHAMBERS on 11:07 - Mar 15 with 3800 viewsDebsyAngel

VOTE CHAMBERS on 08:39 - Mar 15 by PositivelyPortman

Chalobah for me.

Trevoh for me as well. With Judge as a close second.
VOTE CHAMBERS on 11:43 - Mar 15 with 3779 viewsmaccyd9

Jeez, some of the mentions on here for POTY are truly ridiculous.

Bishop? Edwards? Sears? Trev?

In reality, nobody deserves the award. Our best player (whoever that is) has probably been slightly better than poor.

I'd go Chambo though but change the award title to Club man of the Season or something like that because unquestionably he has been an excellent captain and leader throughout a thoroughly miserable time. I'd be happy for him to be recognised.
VOTE CHAMBERS on 11:54 - Mar 15 with 3758 viewsTractorCam

VOTE CHAMBERS on 11:43 - Mar 15 by maccyd9

Jeez, some of the mentions on here for POTY are truly ridiculous.

Bishop? Edwards? Sears? Trev?

In reality, nobody deserves the award. Our best player (whoever that is) has probably been slightly better than poor.

I'd go Chambo though but change the award title to Club man of the Season or something like that because unquestionably he has been an excellent captain and leader throughout a thoroughly miserable time. I'd be happy for him to be recognised.

Trev has been our most consistent performer throughout the season bearing the few slip ups, understandably as he's an 18/19 year old in his first season as a professional.

Too me it's clear as day him, but I might lean towards Chambers for the reasons outlined.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

VOTE CHAMBERS on 11:58 - Mar 15 with 3755 viewsmaccyd9

VOTE CHAMBERS on 11:54 - Mar 15 by TractorCam

Trev has been our most consistent performer throughout the season bearing the few slip ups, understandably as he's an 18/19 year old in his first season as a professional.

Too me it's clear as day him, but I might lean towards Chambers for the reasons outlined.

Trev's done ok imo, but no more than that.

Started very slowly, got better as the season has gone on but still a long way off being a good championship performer.

It's about opinions though. I thought he was poor midweek but got MOTM. It depends on what you like I guess.
VOTE CHAMBERS on 12:02 - Mar 15 with 3747 viewsitfcjoe

VOTE CHAMBERS on 11:58 - Mar 15 by maccyd9

Trev's done ok imo, but no more than that.

Started very slowly, got better as the season has gone on but still a long way off being a good championship performer.

It's about opinions though. I thought he was poor midweek but got MOTM. It depends on what you like I guess.

No one is deserving of it for on pitch contributions - had Sears stayed fit and got 11 or 12 goals then would have been fairly easy case to make, but he didn't.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

VOTE CHAMBERS on 12:13 - Mar 15 with 3727 viewsSwansea_Blue

VOTE CHAMBERS on 08:50 - Mar 15 by SitfcB

We are having a vote. I agree there shouldn’t be one which is why we should just vote for Chambers.

I'm going to B'ham game. I might bring some rotten fruit and eggs to throw at the useless barstewards!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

VOTE CHAMBERS on 12:16 - Mar 15 with 3729 viewsPJH

VOTE CHAMBERS on 12:02 - Mar 15 by itfcjoe

No one is deserving of it for on pitch contributions - had Sears stayed fit and got 11 or 12 goals then would have been fairly easy case to make, but he didn't.

I think that if this seasons POTY is voted for purely on on field performances it will end up with whoever has been the least poor, in the opinion of the person voting.
Nobody has had a good season but some are having an 'ok' season based on the fact that they have occasionally been good,often been average and sometimes been poor.

Using the above criteria I will probably still end up with selecting Pennington as I would have done had voting been done in January or whenever the POTY was discussed on here previously.
VOTE CHAMBERS on 12:39 - Mar 15 with 3708 viewsSuperblue95

VOTE CHAMBERS on 08:01 - Mar 15 by Meadowlark

Bishop or Edwards.
Definitely NOT Chambers.

Bishop

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

VOTE CHAMBERS on 12:41 - Mar 15 with 3704 viewsbraveblue

VOTE CHAMBERS on 08:55 - Mar 15 by artsbossbeard

He was a great captain when we weren't doing well (have we done well this season?) and that's why he'll get my vote.

The work that Chambers did behind the scenes with the squad to make up for the shortcomings of PH proved a) that he loves this club and b) he's a bloody good bloke to have around when the chips are down.

He's got his flaws but we'll look back on him v fondly in a few years.

What work exactly?
VOTE CHAMBERS on 12:54 - Mar 15 with 3690 viewsHarryWright

Downes for me, nothing special but consistency and it'll mean a lot to him.
VOTE CHAMBERS on 13:03 - Mar 15 with 3680 viewsSouperJim

Donacien

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

VOTE CHAMBERS on 15:36 - Mar 15 with 3633 viewsTractorCam

VOTE CHAMBERS on 12:16 - Mar 15 by PJH

I think that if this seasons POTY is voted for purely on on field performances it will end up with whoever has been the least poor, in the opinion of the person voting.
Nobody has had a good season but some are having an 'ok' season based on the fact that they have occasionally been good,often been average and sometimes been poor.

Using the above criteria I will probably still end up with selecting Pennington as I would have done had voting been done in January or whenever the POTY was discussed on here previously.

In that case, Lankester!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

VOTE CHAMBERS on 15:38 - Mar 15 with 3633 viewsgrimboy

Are you soft player of the year is exactly that.chambers has been awful for most part.
VOTE CHAMBERS on 15:46 - Mar 15 with 3623 viewsBoxerBlue

Chalobah or Pennington for me

Max itfc pryke 25yo playford fc striker/winger
Poll: Is Lambert still the right man for Town?

VOTE CHAMBERS on 15:48 - Mar 15 with 3619 viewsgrimboy

VOTE CHAMBERS on 15:46 - Mar 15 by BoxerBlue

Chalobah or Pennington for me

Pennington has been on average our best player.
VOTE CHAMBERS on 21:38 - Mar 15 with 3544 viewsWonky

VOTE CHAMBERS on 08:51 - Mar 15 by RobTheMonk

Trev has won me over. He's been on a bit of a personal journey with regards to performances this season. I was a critic earlier in the season (rightly so in my opinion) but he's been doing really well recently and has started to cut out the silly mistakes. I just wish that we had this current Trev from the start but I guess that's why teams loan players out: for the experience and to see if they can develop which Trev now seems to be doing.

Can't disagree with this assessment.
VOTE CHAMBERS on 04:17 - Mar 16 with 3492 viewsBonchosBicycle

Almost gutted to say Chalobah or Pennington. Both have been almost entirely rock solid this season and I wish we could have them next year. Chambers continues to be impressive in the "intangibles" and provides an important anchor at the back, but is limited, especially when being asked to play out.
VOTE CHAMBERS on 08:25 - Mar 16 with 3464 viewsSuperblue95

VOTE CHAMBERS on 04:17 - Mar 16 by BonchosBicycle

Almost gutted to say Chalobah or Pennington. Both have been almost entirely rock solid this season and I wish we could have them next year. Chambers continues to be impressive in the "intangibles" and provides an important anchor at the back, but is limited, especially when being asked to play out.

Chalobah hasn’t been rock solid. You even started a thread a few months ago highlighting how his inconsistency frustrates you.

Pennington has been directly responsible for numerous goals conceded.

Both are good players and will likely have very good careers but neither deserves to be our player of the season

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

VOTE CHAMBERS on 14:03 - Mar 16 with 3436 viewsBonchosBicycle

VOTE CHAMBERS on 08:25 - Mar 16 by Superblue95

Chalobah hasn’t been rock solid. You even started a thread a few months ago highlighting how his inconsistency frustrates you.

Pennington has been directly responsible for numerous goals conceded.

Both are good players and will likely have very good careers but neither deserves to be our player of the season

"almost entirely rock solid"

Both have made errors - as has everyone this year. I think they've made fewer than most, and Chalobah has definitely become less prone to the youthful exuberance that could put your face in your hands in the last couple of months.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024