Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee 10:15 - Mar 15 with 7782 viewsHeathlander

What do the great and good of TWTD think about paying £71 to watch someone at the Regent? I get a lot of you will say I wouldn't watch Dido in my back garden but it was more about the cost really.
Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:19 - Mar 15 with 6340 viewsDubtractor

That is a frankly outrageous price to see anyone at the regent.

I genuinely struggle to understand how that can be justified for an act like Dido.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:21 - Mar 15 with 6331 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Any other childish herberts on here keep misreading the word Dido for something else?
Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:24 - Mar 15 with 6318 viewsusm

Thats an L of a lot !!!!

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:24 - Mar 15 with 6318 viewschicoazul

This seems like an amazing chunk of cash for a concert in Ipswich. Perhaps if it was Bruce Springsteen or U2 I could understand it.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:26 - Mar 15 with 6309 viewsuefacup81

Last year I paid £75 to see Queen + Adam Lambert at the O2. Where the hell has this price come from?!

I'm assuming Dido's pension portfolio hasn't been performing as well as expected?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:26 - Mar 15 with 6305 viewsChampionship

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:21 - Mar 15 by King_of_Portman_Rd

Any other childish herberts on here keep misreading the word Dido for something else?

Yes *sniggers*
Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:27 - Mar 15 with 6298 viewsJ2BLUE

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:26 - Mar 15 by uefacup81

Last year I paid £75 to see Queen + Adam Lambert at the O2. Where the hell has this price come from?!

I'm assuming Dido's pension portfolio hasn't been performing as well as expected?

Isn't it more of a location issue? The Regent doesn't get anyone decent so Dido is quite a coup for them.

Only song I remember of hers is the one with Eminem which says quite a lot.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:37 - Mar 15 with 6257 viewsZedRodgers

It would be worth it if she brought me out to surprise the people of Ipswich with a live performance of my "Dear Zed" rap.

@footers
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 10:38]

No, not at the moment

Login to get fewer ads

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:39 - Mar 15 with 6252 viewsSWGF

Squeeze were the thick end of £60. Seen them numerous times but I baulked at that.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:49 - Mar 15 with 6209 viewsTractor_Buck

The Regent is the equivalent of Wolves Civic up here, similar size etc. Most I've ever paid for gig there is £50, and that was to see New Order. Most other gigs there that I've been to are around the £40 mark.

As much as I appreciate Dido, that's way too expensive. She wants an arena price for a concert hall gig.
Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:55 - Mar 15 with 6181 viewsNo9

I think I paid a quid to see the Beatles
Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:59 - Mar 15 with 6168 viewsbaxterbasics

Is that standard seating, or the posh seats? If that's the cheapest then it's waayyyy too much. I paid only a tenner more for the entire Reading Festival (1998 though, but still...)

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 11:03 - Mar 15 with 6163 viewsDebsyAngel

Crazy price. I was annoyed enough at it costing over £90 for 2 tickets to see OMD. But these were from a tickets place called AXM. Ticketmaster were over £100 for the same thing.

These stupid handling fees need to be stopped. I don;t mind paying for the postage to send the tickets, but why should it cost over £10 to handle 2 tickets??

I would prefer to pay to see the band and be able to pick up the tickets at the venue than sweat it out worrying if they will turn up on time in the post. I have 5 lots of tickets for various gigs this year which are all to be posted. I know ticket touts are the reason they do this, but surely there must be an easier way to stop them?
Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 11:10 - Mar 15 with 6142 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 11:03 - Mar 15 by DebsyAngel

Crazy price. I was annoyed enough at it costing over £90 for 2 tickets to see OMD. But these were from a tickets place called AXM. Ticketmaster were over £100 for the same thing.

These stupid handling fees need to be stopped. I don;t mind paying for the postage to send the tickets, but why should it cost over £10 to handle 2 tickets??

I would prefer to pay to see the band and be able to pick up the tickets at the venue than sweat it out worrying if they will turn up on time in the post. I have 5 lots of tickets for various gigs this year which are all to be posted. I know ticket touts are the reason they do this, but surely there must be an easier way to stop them?

Agree about the handling fees. Recently bought 2 tickets to see Bloc Party on their Silent Alarm tour and the tickets were a fair price of £34 yet once I'd clicked through all the usual gumf I was being charged £84 for both ticket

Just put these extras into the ticket price so everyone knows what they're paying or simply scrap them all together.. Admin fee, handling fee, or whatever they call it is just a way for these companies to maximize their own profits at the expense of artists and fans
Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 11:33 - Mar 15 with 6122 viewsitfcjoe

That's far too much for the Regent, I know it's a much bigger venue but Ed Sheeran ickets aren't much more than that and he is the main man at the moment for selling concerts.

I think £50 would be too much, wouldn't expect to be any more than £40 including all admin fees

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 11:46 - Mar 15 with 6093 viewshomer_123

A lot to merely see her, agreed. Does it cost more if she sings?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 11:50 - Mar 15 with 6087 viewsTractorFactor

I would raise a "White Flag" to that price for sure
Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 12:51 - Mar 15 with 5999 viewsbluejake78

She is still well gorgeous and a fine example of posh totty.
At that price though I would want to slip into the back door.
Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 12:55 - Mar 15 with 5987 viewsSuperblue95

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:27 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

Isn't it more of a location issue? The Regent doesn't get anyone decent so Dido is quite a coup for them.

Only song I remember of hers is the one with Eminem which says quite a lot.

She had the dreary song White Flag too. So at least she’s got 2 songs not just 1

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 14:50 - Mar 15 with 5890 viewsFreddies_Ears

Gig tickets just seem to get higher and higher, where even fairly middle-rate acts are charging £70+. I've largely retrenched to the niche ends of my musical taste, where £30 is still the norm.

It isn't just gigs - West End theatre prices continue to increase horribly too.
Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 14:52 - Mar 15 with 5885 viewsFunge

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:19 - Mar 15 by Dubtractor

That is a frankly outrageous price to see anyone at the regent.

I genuinely struggle to understand how that can be justified for an act like Dido.

Jesus Christ!

Sleaford Mods are £17 (I think, haven't checked).

I'm with man Dubbers, that's dizzy.
Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 15:09 - Mar 15 with 5852 viewsthorpedo

My missus is a huge Dido fan (no 'L'!!) and so we got two tickets at £48 each, to pick up at venue so no postage or handling fees. However, I have since realised that it is the same day that I have tickets to see James Acaster at The Corn Exchange with my mates! What a dilemma - upset my missus or my mates? Would rather got to Acaster but don't want a divorce.

Thorpedo

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 15:58 - Mar 15 with 5800 viewsLevelTheLand

That is extremely expensive, especially for a gig at The Regent. I got 3 tickets to see Idles in Norwich in a couple of weeks, think that was less than £60 for all 3 and booking fees.
Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 15:59 - Mar 15 with 5792 viewstextbackup

people on here wont pay 25 quid to watch their team play football, I think this is the wrong place to ask

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 16:01 - Mar 15 with 5781 viewsjaykay

Dido - £68 for the Regent plus booking fee on 10:55 - Mar 15 by No9

I think I paid a quid to see the Beatles

think you mean 17shillings and 6 pennies

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024