Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? 11:08 - Mar 15 with 10288 viewsBluefish

When I say people I mean non racist people

Surely it is time to just pretend it never happened

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:24 - Mar 15 with 1662 viewshomer_123

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:21 - Mar 15 by Bluefish

They are the world trade organisation. What else do you want to know? They make the rules for global trade that we will default to.

Crikeys, that then makes your earlier post really ill thought out.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:25 - Mar 15 with 1658 viewsBluefish

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:24 - Mar 15 by homer_123

Crikeys, that then makes your earlier post really ill thought out.

It is what they are but don't let that stop you https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/thewto_e.htm

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 13:27 - Mar 15 with 1654 viewsDyland

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:02 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

I don't.

I want the UK to be a nation state, free to govern itself and not part of a Federal European project, run by Paris and Germany.

We have the second largest economy in the EU, the second most powerful army and we're one of only two EU countries with nuclear weapons. If the EU is run by France and Germany it is only because we have refused to fully buy into what the EU could be. The UK will continue to be a nation state. Europe is not alone in working with other close countries to solve problems or make trade easier. Look at the Arab league. Look at China spending money on infrastructure in other countries to make trade in the region easier. If anything has taught us that being part of a block is superior to standing alone if our negotiations with the EU. Ireland has 'beaten' us because they can call on 26 other nations to back them up. The EU is one of perhaps only two (with China) who can stand up to the US in trade deals etc.

I've completely changed my mind. I think i've learnt a few things from this whole process. 1) The EU are our most natural allies. It's time to stop fighting it and embrace it. 2) American politics is going through a period of utter batsh1t insanity. Doing a deal with Trump (which will be one sided anyway) is not going to help us. Every US president before and probably after will have been and will be pro EU. Trump is not the norm. 3) We are so interconnected that untangling is almost impossible. We lose lots of benefits and European wide bodies. We lose being part of the EU satellite system. 4) We need a united approach to things like climate change, NATO etc. If the US are going to withdraw from things like the Paris Accord the rest of the world must step up together.

I would like to know the terms we would stay in on. If we can continue our current deal or have what Cameron is offered then staying in becomes the obvious (for me) choice.

You deserve a better job (assuming you're still doing the one you hate).

Life is not fair though.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:29 - Mar 15 with 1649 viewsPinewoodblue

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:21 - Mar 15 by Bluefish

They are the world trade organisation. What else do you want to know? They make the rules for global trade that we will default to.

W are then free to negotiate trade deals that are beneficial to both parties. We now longer need to directly consider the individual needs of 27 other countries.

We do however have to take into consideration the likely impact on our trade with the EU. For example if we signed a trade deal with the US allowing chlorinated chicken into the UK then the EU would more than likely impose of restriction on any chicken products currently exported from the UK to other EU countries.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:31 - Mar 15 with 1642 viewsBluefish

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:29 - Mar 15 by Pinewoodblue

W are then free to negotiate trade deals that are beneficial to both parties. We now longer need to directly consider the individual needs of 27 other countries.

We do however have to take into consideration the likely impact on our trade with the EU. For example if we signed a trade deal with the US allowing chlorinated chicken into the UK then the EU would more than likely impose of restriction on any chicken products currently exported from the UK to other EU countries.

Of course we are but while we are trying to do that and it may or may not be possible we will simply be following a different set of rules made up by different people that we had even less influence in.

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:35 - Mar 15 with 1629 viewsJohnWarksTash

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 11:42 - Mar 15 by 26_Paz

Sorry, I meant reject the EU and vote for sovereignty

How are we not sovereign? Without being sovereign we couldn't have triggered Article 50......we can't get anymore sovereign.....
Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:46 - Mar 15 with 1606 viewsSpruceMoose

Abuse reported? Jesus, people on here need to grow a pair.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:49 - Mar 15 with 1599 viewsSwansea_Blue

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:08 - Mar 15 by Pinewoodblue

The EU trades with over 80 countries under WTO rules.

Provided the UK can strike a reasonable trade deal with the EU, negotiations don't start until we leave, there are advantages in leaving as we can enter into trade deals negotiating on a 1-1 basis and not giving 27 other countries the power of veto over a trade deal which may not be to the benefit of just one of the other 27.

The EU places barriers in place to protect their own interest.
[Post edited 15 Mar 2019 13:10]

WTO is a bit of red herring, as very few countries trade with their nearest and largest neighbours on WTO terms and that's the issue we're up against.

I'm no trade guru (or particularly interested in the mechanics), but EU trade deals require approval of all Member States states via both the Council and Parliament ( http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/policy-making/index_en.htm)

I agree that our interests are protected by being in the EU though

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 13:50 - Mar 15 with 1595 viewsJ2BLUE

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 13:27 - Mar 15 by Dyland

You deserve a better job (assuming you're still doing the one you hate).

Life is not fair though.

I left there almost a year ago! Thanks though

I'm looking for a job I would actually like to do. I am doing something to bring some money in while I look but i'm going to keep that to myself for now*

*No, i'm not a rent boy

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 13:51 - Mar 15 with 1588 viewsBluefish

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 13:50 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

I left there almost a year ago! Thanks though

I'm looking for a job I would actually like to do. I am doing something to bring some money in while I look but i'm going to keep that to myself for now*

*No, i'm not a rent boy

*I'm not a rent boy but 20 quid is 20 quid

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 13:52 - Mar 15 with 1583 viewsJ2BLUE

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 13:51 - Mar 15 by Bluefish

*I'm not a rent boy but 20 quid is 20 quid

I'd be lucky to get 20 pence to be honest.

Truly impaired.

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 14:02 - Mar 15 with 1560 viewsPinewoodblue

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 13:52 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

I'd be lucky to get 20 pence to be honest.

I assume Bluefish knows the going rate.

2023 year of destiny

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 14:05 - Mar 15 with 1546 viewsJ2BLUE

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 14:02 - Mar 15 by Pinewoodblue

I assume Bluefish knows the going rate.

He pays extra for the MM mask.

Truly impaired.

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 14:11 - Mar 15 with 1531 viewsPinewoodblue

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 14:05 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

He pays extra for the MM mask.

MM as in Mick McCarthy?

2023 year of destiny

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 14:14 - Mar 15 with 1524 viewsBluefish

another top, reasoned post from you buh on 14:11 - Mar 15 by Pinewoodblue

MM as in Mick McCarthy?

Well it doesn't stand for Merlin the Magcian.....although looking back it could have

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 14:51 - Mar 15 with 1494 viewsSwansea_Blue

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 13:02 - Mar 15 by J2BLUE

I don't.

I want the UK to be a nation state, free to govern itself and not part of a Federal European project, run by Paris and Germany.

We have the second largest economy in the EU, the second most powerful army and we're one of only two EU countries with nuclear weapons. If the EU is run by France and Germany it is only because we have refused to fully buy into what the EU could be. The UK will continue to be a nation state. Europe is not alone in working with other close countries to solve problems or make trade easier. Look at the Arab league. Look at China spending money on infrastructure in other countries to make trade in the region easier. If anything has taught us that being part of a block is superior to standing alone if our negotiations with the EU. Ireland has 'beaten' us because they can call on 26 other nations to back them up. The EU is one of perhaps only two (with China) who can stand up to the US in trade deals etc.

I've completely changed my mind. I think i've learnt a few things from this whole process. 1) The EU are our most natural allies. It's time to stop fighting it and embrace it. 2) American politics is going through a period of utter batsh1t insanity. Doing a deal with Trump (which will be one sided anyway) is not going to help us. Every US president before and probably after will have been and will be pro EU. Trump is not the norm. 3) We are so interconnected that untangling is almost impossible. We lose lots of benefits and European wide bodies. We lose being part of the EU satellite system. 4) We need a united approach to things like climate change, NATO etc. If the US are going to withdraw from things like the Paris Accord the rest of the world must step up together.

I would like to know the terms we would stay in on. If we can continue our current deal or have what Cameron is offered then staying in becomes the obvious (for me) choice.

Yes, we can cancel our Article 50 notification and would remain in the EU on the same terms as we have now. It's been confirmed by the European Court of Justice.

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/revoking-article-50-after-the-ecjs-ruling/

So if we're talking deals, our current deal is the best one we will get with the EU. By far.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 15:33 - Mar 15 with 1473 viewsxrayspecs

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 14:51 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, we can cancel our Article 50 notification and would remain in the EU on the same terms as we have now. It's been confirmed by the European Court of Justice.

https://ukandeu.ac.uk/revoking-article-50-after-the-ecjs-ruling/

So if we're talking deals, our current deal is the best one we will get with the EU. By far.

It depends how you define "best" and each of us will view this differently.

If you value the freedom from ECJ jurisdiction and an ability to control who settles in the UK, then you may be prepared to forgo some of the existing benefits that come with EU membership.

What you can not have is all the benefits of being in the EU and the ability to not accept their four indivisible freedoms.
Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 15:57 - Mar 15 with 1451 viewsNo9

Are there any people that still believe in Brexit? on 15:33 - Mar 15 by xrayspecs

It depends how you define "best" and each of us will view this differently.

If you value the freedom from ECJ jurisdiction and an ability to control who settles in the UK, then you may be prepared to forgo some of the existing benefits that come with EU membership.

What you can not have is all the benefits of being in the EU and the ability to not accept their four indivisible freedoms.

The key is to look at the four freedoms as in EU law not some Westminster variation
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024