Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got home, albeit via family visits in 21:47 - Mar 16 with 3962 viewsPendejo

Ipswich & London.

What can I say that others haven't, probably not much.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game and atmosphere, ok so officials played panto villains. But in blustery wind and with freezing cold feet I was happy to have attended. The football was exciting, my God we played on the front foot!

Met PJH for first time, and reacquainted with Newcy & Kelly Jo, not forgetting Seb and Yasmin. Got a low five from Seb.

There's no-one I'd be critical of in our team, everyone played their part. Whilst I'd like to thru the team I am only going to mention one player: Judge don't dither town, sign him.

I will be back for Hull and Swansea.

Folks get behind the blues, not in empty words on a forum it's time for fan action. Back the blues.

It's strange I feel like I saw us win today... In a strange way maybe we did, though not in terms of 3 points, but... I don't know, a togetherness? Not been drinking either!

coyb

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 22:10 - Mar 16 with 3847 viewsunstableblue

We’ve got our Ipswich back. Visits to PR are no longer dull, reserved, energyless and low on fan buy-in.

A club going down, but a club rebuilding its relationship with its fans after years of damage.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 22:13 - Mar 16 with 3825 viewsSwansea_Blue

Glad you enjoyed. Told you we were playing some good stuff lately! Fast and incisive attacking football at times. It’s a bit of a shock after the last few years, just a shame we are weak in the final third.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 00:59 - Mar 17 with 3610 viewsBlueBadger

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 22:10 - Mar 16 by unstableblue

We’ve got our Ipswich back. Visits to PR are no longer dull, reserved, energyless and low on fan buy-in.

A club going down, but a club rebuilding its relationship with its fans after years of damage.

It's interesting that you view 'our' Ipswich as one which is utterly unthreatening to the point that we're celebrating a a run of games which features one win and only one game in which we scored more than one goal as the dawning of a new golden age.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 1:02]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 02:43 - Mar 17 with 3548 viewsStNeotsBlue

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 00:59 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

It's interesting that you view 'our' Ipswich as one which is utterly unthreatening to the point that we're celebrating a a run of games which features one win and only one game in which we scored more than one goal as the dawning of a new golden age.

Whilst I know we are in the process of getting relegated, I've accepted it since Christmas, your relentless negativity is over the top.

We have a lot of very promising youngsters coming through, have tied up new deals for a number of key personnel and most recent performances have been very decent. After the Bristol City game a lot of (non ITFC supporting) people have commented to me they were surprised at how well we played given our position.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 3:34]
Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 06:00 - Mar 17 with 3455 viewstiptreeblue

It`s sad that you can`t see the green shoots of a revival and want to feel a part of it.
Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 08:16 - Mar 17 with 3258 viewsbluejacko

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 06:00 - Mar 17 by tiptreeblue

It`s sad that you can`t see the green shoots of a revival and want to feel a part of it.

I think you will find it is the same couple of posters every time!
They really can’t get their heads around where we are and see nothing but negativity in anything that is happening.
Still with any luck they won’t bother about next season and give us all a rest from their constant sarcasm!
Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 08:29 - Mar 17 with 3219 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Seeing videos like that make me so proud to be a town fan and make the hairs stand up. Unfortunately I couldn’t be there yesterday but watched on I follow. Incredible scenes
Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 08:33 - Mar 17 with 3192 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 08:29 - Mar 17 by never_lose_the_faith

Seeing videos like that make me so proud to be a town fan and make the hairs stand up. Unfortunately I couldn’t be there yesterday but watched on I follow. Incredible scenes

Just watched it again, it chokes me up. Big respect to all those fans, amazing. We were superb yesterday, I can not believe the position we are in.
COYB!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 08:51 - Mar 17 with 3144 viewsSwansea_Blue

Logged in just to give that an uppy. And now clearing off again - have a good Sunday all..

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 08:52 - Mar 17 with 3141 viewsChurchman

That’s a view. You could add in a decaying football ground, an owner that view the club as part of a portfolio, worst league position since the 1950s, no forwards worthy of the name, relegated since August, draws and defeats few wins and no hope etc etc.

Alternatively you could take the view that we are where we are, we have a manager that seems to know what he is doing, unlike Hurst, Jewell, Keane and is inclusive - I never get the feeling that he feels he is doing the club a favour being here, unlike McCarthy. You could take the view that while they are not Barcelona or Man City, they are a team with some young Players is trying to play and grow into something better and the club is attempting to build something with supporters buying into that..

Am I happy we are poor at the moment and bottom of the 2nd Division (I prefer the old titles)? No, of course not. But I prefer latter perspective.
Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 09:00 - Mar 17 with 3100 viewsbrogansnose

No one is happy about the position that we are in but, the vast majority of fans that go to games are actually enjoying going to games again and there is plenty of evidence that we might just be going down - like Fixey says - for a re-boot.

Evans is the main reason we are where we are with a £1 M spend when the average is £7M. Best you get your bed sheets out, Oh, but then you'd be slating the green crayon brigade.

I'll tell you straight as someone who used to like your posts, you're getting tedious with all the sniping.
Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 09:03 - Mar 17 with 3090 viewsMullet

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 09:00 - Mar 17 by brogansnose

No one is happy about the position that we are in but, the vast majority of fans that go to games are actually enjoying going to games again and there is plenty of evidence that we might just be going down - like Fixey says - for a re-boot.

Evans is the main reason we are where we are with a £1 M spend when the average is £7M. Best you get your bed sheets out, Oh, but then you'd be slating the green crayon brigade.

I'll tell you straight as someone who used to like your posts, you're getting tedious with all the sniping.

Hurst was the eye-opener a lot of people needed it seems.

How people aren't furious with Evans I'll never know, if it's not going well in a year, maybe then.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 09:09 - Mar 17 with 3059 viewsbrogansnose

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 09:03 - Mar 17 by Mullet

Hurst was the eye-opener a lot of people needed it seems.

How people aren't furious with Evans I'll never know, if it's not going well in a year, maybe then.

Evans has been very shrewd. He had had that early honeymoon period when he could play the 'learning curve card' with the managerial appointments. Mick then acted as his shield. I gave the fans what they wanted with Hurst and buffed things up with a couple of video interviews. Now he's got the man god Lambert stitching things together again.

Like I said last week, I sincerely hope that he really listens to Lambert and acts accordingly.

We was mighty fine again second half yesterday.
Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 09:15 - Mar 17 with 3019 viewsArnieM

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 06:00 - Mar 17 by tiptreeblue

The problem ( his problem), is he doesn’t want to see these green shoots.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 09:26 - Mar 17 with 2981 viewsMullet

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 09:15 - Mar 17 by ArnieM

The problem ( his problem), is he doesn’t want to see these green shoots.

In fairness, have we finished declining yet? It's impossible right now to say how low we might sink, how quickly we might turn it around or where we will then end up.

Can you see Lambert making us a midtable Champ side in 2 seasons? It'd require a hell of an upswing not seen yet and funds Evans has never ponied up since Keane was here.

Fans are clinging on to the atmosphere and that's great, but it is all we have left. We're down, we can't win games, Hurst was everything people had promised themselves he wouldn't be. Let's have a bit of balance here.

Evans has essentially let us float for a decade, he's not acted decisively enough he's not changed his plans in a positive way it's the reason we're going down. Fans a year ago were demanding promotion pushes, more wins etc. Now the only way that happens is in a league that's an insult for a club like us to be in.

That's not something that should be lost sight of in my opinion. We're on a path now, where success is just getting back to where Mick left us, (let alone where Hurst was likely to take us) probably lower. For all the good those being overbearingly negative don't do, there's an uncomfortable truth in there we need to face up to.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 10:08 - Mar 17 with 2818 viewsPendejo

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 08:33 - Mar 17 by never_lose_the_faith

Just watched it again, it chokes me up. Big respect to all those fans, amazing. We were superb yesterday, I can not believe the position we are in.
COYB!!!

I've got to add to my posts something I'm ashamed to have missed out... the level of audible support was excellent especially given we are dropping into the lower leagues.

Massive respect for the work of everyone engaged in making the match day support better.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Just got home, albeit via family visits in on 10:12 - Mar 17 with 2791 viewsDarth_Koont

We have to stay positive and I'm glad we are but we also need to keep our feet more on the ground, I think.

People seem to be building up an inevitable turnaround in our fortunes once relegated. IMO we shouldn't have anything to fear but complacency and hubris.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024