Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
League 1 Adventure 07:21 - Mar 17 with 582 viewsPendejo

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/adventure
noun
an exciting or very unusual experience.
participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises:
the spirit of adventure.

verb (used with object), ad·ven·tured, ad·ven·tur·ing.
to risk or hazard.
to take the chance of; dare.

verb (used without object), ad·ven·tured, ad·ven·tur·ing.
to take the risk involved.
to venture; hazard.

Make no mistake, no guarantees of a swift return, indeed, until recently I had expected a plunge thru the division to a greater depth, a level only seen by our other near and dear neighbours in Cambridge and Colchester.

I felt we looked like a relegation bound team since October, so relegation won't be the pain it was in 86, 95 or 02.

Yesterday though a clinical finisher or a bit of luck and we would have had 3 points, I agree with Lambert should have been 4-2 to us.

League 1 will be an adventure; exciting and hazardous. Definitely not easy.

Another thing that occurred to me yesterday, it's performances like that that reminds me why I persist in this utter perversion of being a football fan. Those minutes of magic to offset against months of misery.
[ok you negative types out there we drew 1-1, no cutting edge, we're doomed - wibble wibble]

PL is a PR master, he says the things we REALLY want to hear i.e. that WE are important. He has easily seduced most of us, desperate as we were to be loved by the club, with this "love".
Whether he is THE man only history will tell, but for now I think he is talking like he is the owner of the club not an employee, like he has bought into the club rather than brought into it, and, I really like that.
I have absolutely no knowledge of his communications at other clubs, maybe he's an utter cad that serially woos and seduces fans before cruelly dumping them... again time will tell. All I can say that as the manager if ITFC I can only wish him success.

COYB!
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 13:04]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

League 1 Adventure on 11:34 - Mar 17 with 481 viewsDarth_Koont

Good, balanced post.

"League 1 will be an adventure; exciting and hazardous. Definitely not easy." I think we'll need this mentality if we're going to bounce back straightaway or survive disappointment down there. I'd hate to see people turning on Lambert and the team because their expectations of a jolly down in League One aren't met immediately.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024