Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... 08:05 - Mar 17 with 4908 viewsKieran_Knows

[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 8:09]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:11 - Mar 17 with 4822 viewsHerbivore

Could be what we need in League 1 to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:18 - Mar 17 with 4777 viewsbluesym

Thats Lambert’s ‘Grant Holt’ right there.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:23 - Mar 17 with 4747 viewscbower

Moving on from Will Keane?

bluescouser

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:25 - Mar 17 with 4733 viewsHerbivore

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:23 - Mar 17 by cbower

Moving on from Will Keane?

I think if Lambert intends to mainly play with just one central striker then Keane isn't the player we need. His hold up play is good but he doesn't score enough goals. You need an all rounder to play that role.

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:33 - Mar 17 with 4677 viewscbower

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:25 - Mar 17 by Herbivore

I think if Lambert intends to mainly play with just one central striker then Keane isn't the player we need. His hold up play is good but he doesn't score enough goals. You need an all rounder to play that role.

Not sure we have enough evidence to substantiate that assertion. Keane has 3 goals gor us and over the last few years he has never managed a sustained period of games to get on a scoring run. I get what you are saying Herbs, he does not look like the '20 goal a season man' eveyone wants but it is his fitness that would concern me more. Especially as he would likely be one of our higher earners.

bluescouser

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:39 - Mar 17 with 4632 viewsHerbivore

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:33 - Mar 17 by cbower

Not sure we have enough evidence to substantiate that assertion. Keane has 3 goals gor us and over the last few years he has never managed a sustained period of games to get on a scoring run. I get what you are saying Herbs, he does not look like the '20 goal a season man' eveyone wants but it is his fitness that would concern me more. Especially as he would likely be one of our higher earners.

He's got 9 goals in 87 career appearances, that has to raise doubts. He's a good player but doesn't regularly threaten the goal enough. Fitness and goalscoring are two pretty major question marks, which is why I imagine we're looking elsewhere.

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:40 - Mar 17 with 4626 viewsbraveblue

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:33 - Mar 17 by cbower

We just do not need any more injury prone players. It has not worked for years now. Evans buys them because they are cheap or takes a loan when they are unfit.
Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:49 - Mar 17 with 4548 viewscbower

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:39 - Mar 17 by Herbivore

He's got 9 goals in 87 career appearances, that has to raise doubts. He's a good player but doesn't regularly threaten the goal enough. Fitness and goalscoring are two pretty major question marks, which is why I imagine we're looking elsewhere.

I am mostly agreeing with you Herbs. His goalscoring record is not strong butit is also misleading to an extent. How many of those 87 appearances were from the bench? Many of them will have been whilst on the comeback trail from multiple injuries and not many of them will have been for sustained runs of say 10-15 games at a time. I am sure he would score 10-15 goals for us in L1 if he were to be fit for 40+ games. Problem is, that's a huge and potentially costly looking if.

bluescouser

Login to get fewer ads

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:55 - Mar 17 with 4494 viewsSwansea_Blue

28 and never really played above L2 rings alarm bells, but who knows. I'm sure Lambert will have done his homework, whereas I haven't.

"Available on a free" will be the clincher. A goal scorer through the centre with Jackson as the willing runner next to him or on the wing could be an interesting option though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 09:06 - Mar 17 with 4409 viewsSuperblue95

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:55 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

28 and never really played above L2 rings alarm bells, but who knows. I'm sure Lambert will have done his homework, whereas I haven't.

"Available on a free" will be the clincher. A goal scorer through the centre with Jackson as the willing runner next to him or on the wing could be an interesting option though.

It’s about the age people like Vardy, Lambert and Holt made their rise up the leagues.

He scores goals and will be available for free. Definitely worth a punt in my book

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 09:12 - Mar 17 with 4343 viewschristiand

Exactly the type of striker Ipswich should be looking at, someone that has a proven track record of scoring goals for a few consecutive seasons in the lower leagues. Still not given up on Jackson either, he looked sharp yesterday.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 10:11 - Mar 17 with 4034 viewspointofblue

Can’t help but think that signing players from leagues lower than we’re competiting/going to compete in worked so well this year but I don’t think we’ll be able to sign better. Norwood, Jackson and Harrison as our main strikers with Lancaster, Morris and Folami pushing them all the way?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 10:59 - Mar 17 with 3880 viewsTerry_Nutkins

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:49 - Mar 17 by cbower

I am mostly agreeing with you Herbs. His goalscoring record is not strong butit is also misleading to an extent. How many of those 87 appearances were from the bench? Many of them will have been whilst on the comeback trail from multiple injuries and not many of them will have been for sustained runs of say 10-15 games at a time. I am sure he would score 10-15 goals for us in L1 if he were to be fit for 40+ games. Problem is, that's a huge and potentially costly looking if.

I agree with this. Id certainly take Keane. Fitness is my only real concern. He was absolutely prolific for man utd coming through all age groups. Appreciate that doesnt always translate but Keane can score goals. He was just starting to show that fir us. I'm not bothered about those career stats as they are totally misleading. Probably even more so then Murphs were (him more because he played wide). Keane was becoming excellent for us. He's dropping down whilst this guy is coming up. If both are free i would take them. Keane will cost more in wages but i like the fact Keane will have re-sell value.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 11:42 - Mar 17 with 3761 viewsWestcountryblue

Would prefer someone like Murphy up top alongside the pace of Jackson.

Ideally we need 4 top strikers who can return 15 goals a season in League One next season.
Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 11:59 - Mar 17 with 3714 viewsFather_Jack

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:55 - Mar 17 by Swansea_Blue

Seen Norwood play a few times as Tranmere is my local team. Consistently good scoring record over the years. I'd rather they went for his strike partner Jennings though.

Less is more.

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 12:24 - Mar 17 with 3617 viewsbontcho

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 11:59 - Mar 17 by Father_Jack

Seen Norwood play a few times as Tranmere is my local team. Consistently good scoring record over the years. I'd rather they went for his strike partner Jennings though.

What system do Tranmere play? Andy Warren described him as playing up front on his own, ie ideal for Lambert’s preferred formation.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 17:27 - Mar 17 with 3289 viewsHerbivore

Town after James Norwood from Tranmere Rovers... on 08:49 - Mar 17 by cbower

10-15 goals in 40+ games might be about right but that's not enough from our main striker if we're aiming to bounce straight back. I like Keane as a player, just not entirely sure he'd be what we need.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024