Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Corbyn just made I laugh 09:51 - Mar 17 with 17480 viewsLord_Lucan

Interviewer; "Do you want to leave or remain in the EU"
Corbyn; "What I want to do is build a relationship with the EU.........................."
Interviewer; "That wasn't what I asked"
Corbyn; "No I know it wasn't but what I'm trying to help you say.................."

That tickled me

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Corbyn just made I laugh on 09:53 - Mar 17 with 6229 viewsBlueBadger

Well, that's today's ten-pager sorted then.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Corbyn just made I laugh on 09:55 - Mar 17 with 6219 viewsLord_Lucan

Corbyn just made I laugh on 09:53 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

Well, that's today's ten-pager sorted then.

Not for me, I'm living the dream - Argos here we come!

I wasn't criticising him, I thought it was a nice swerve.

Edit; He's also just mentioned Ipswich, he's on a roll.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 9:56]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Corbyn just made I laugh on 09:57 - Mar 17 with 6198 viewsBlueBadger

Corbyn just made I laugh on 09:55 - Mar 17 by Lord_Lucan

Not for me, I'm living the dream - Argos here we come!

I wasn't criticising him, I thought it was a nice swerve.

Edit; He's also just mentioned Ipswich, he's on a roll.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 9:56]

You might not have been but it'll bring the cultists out.
I am winning Sunday today. It's glorious round West Suffolk, I'm about to head out with the dog then it's a roast at the Waggon in Sudbury.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Corbyn just made I laugh on 10:05 - Mar 17 with 6131 viewsbluejake78

Corbyn just made I laugh on 09:57 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

I am winning Sunday today. It's glorious round West Suffolk, I'm about to head out with the dog then it's a roast at the Waggon in Sudbury.

Who is the lucky girl?
Corbyn just made I laugh on 10:37 - Mar 17 with 6030 viewsgtsb

Corbyn just made I laugh on 09:57 - Mar 17 by BlueBadger

Good luck with that. I was told last night that the food in the Waggon wasnt that good by some people who went there on Friday evening. Hopefully for you Sunday lunch will be different. I'm off for a Sunday roast at the Saracens Head.
Corbyn just made I laugh on 10:52 - Mar 17 with 5967 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn just made I laugh on 10:05 - Mar 17 by bluejake78

Who is the lucky girl?

Theresa......odd name for a dog but heh!
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 10:52]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Corbyn just made I laugh on 11:24 - Mar 17 with 5882 viewsZedRodgers

Important thing to take from the interview was confirmation that Labour will support the Kyle/Wilson amendment as Zed anticipated last week. That should ease the ferocity of people like young Gordon who were acting very irrationally and suggesting Labour should be doing more to ensure whatever deal is agreed is put to a people’s vote.

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum by gordon 15 Mar 2019 6:54
Not sure this argument is defensible - why not a motion which says 'the terms on which we leave the European union, when agreed, should be put to public vote to confirm that this is the will of the people'.

Seems straightforward to me. There's a chance now that May's deal passes next week and that's that.

Here is the wording of the Kyle/Wilson amendment for anybody unsure of it’s importance or for those doubting Labour’s position on a 2nd referendum.

Have a great Sunday.

No, not at the moment

Corbyn just made I laugh on 11:25 - Mar 17 with 5865 viewsballycastle

Corbyn just made I laugh on 11:24 - Mar 17 by ZedRodgers

Important thing to take from the interview was confirmation that Labour will support the Kyle/Wilson amendment as Zed anticipated last week. That should ease the ferocity of people like young Gordon who were acting very irrationally and suggesting Labour should be doing more to ensure whatever deal is agreed is put to a people’s vote.

Really confused now - Zed said they would push for a 2nd Referendum by gordon 15 Mar 2019 6:54
Not sure this argument is defensible - why not a motion which says 'the terms on which we leave the European union, when agreed, should be put to public vote to confirm that this is the will of the people'.

Seems straightforward to me. There's a chance now that May's deal passes next week and that's that.

Here is the wording of the Kyle/Wilson amendment for anybody unsure of it’s importance or for those doubting Labour’s position on a 2nd referendum.

Have a great Sunday.

Mmmmmmm, third party.
Login to get fewer ads

Corbyn just made I laugh on 11:52 - Mar 17 with 5805 viewsWeWereZombies

Have a great Sunday.

Nothing but a second referendum with Remain as an option is sufficient to heal the divisions in our state.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:01 - Mar 17 with 5755 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn just made I laugh on 11:52 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

Nothing but a second referendum with Remain as an option is sufficient to heal the divisions in our state.

When you say "heal" do you mean, "well not heal but with luck my side might sneak a narrow victory this time." ?

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:05 - Mar 17 with 5734 viewsBloomBlue

Corbyn just made I laugh on 11:52 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

It won't because if remain win it's only right we have another vote in 3 years and if you don't have another vote it will alienate 17million people. We've already had the vote to stay/leave if there is anothet vote then it should be just for the deal or no deal.
Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:09 - Mar 17 with 5716 viewsWeWereZombies

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:01 - Mar 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

When you say "heal" do you mean, "well not heal but with luck my side might sneak a narrow victory this time." ?

As has been pointed out so many times now the June 2016 gave no clear mandate to leave the European Union, perhaps a second referendum could give a clearer one but I suspect that remaining would be the decisive result, no idea what percentage but bigger than 52% of 70%. Get that out of the way and then the real business of improving social justice can start. All that the continuance of this leaving diversion is doing is putting off addressing the vital issues like poverty, poor response to climate change and social breakdown that the Labour Party should tackle. An alternative is needed and the appetite is there as soon as a capable group of politicians give the electorate some leadership.

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:20 - Mar 17 with 5666 viewsElderGrizzly

Have a great Sunday.

Is that not saying they will vote for May’s deal but THEN will back a people’s vote?

The issue is the law still takes us out on 29th March. They ratified it when passing Article 50? So if they vote for May’s deal, it’s done? We go?

All seems a bit naive, but hope they can put something back to the people and soon

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/17/brexit-labour-likely-to-back-pu
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 12:33]
Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:23 - Mar 17 with 5648 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:09 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

As has been pointed out so many times now the June 2016 gave no clear mandate to leave the European Union, perhaps a second referendum could give a clearer one but I suspect that remaining would be the decisive result, no idea what percentage but bigger than 52% of 70%. Get that out of the way and then the real business of improving social justice can start. All that the continuance of this leaving diversion is doing is putting off addressing the vital issues like poverty, poor response to climate change and social breakdown that the Labour Party should tackle. An alternative is needed and the appetite is there as soon as a capable group of politicians give the electorate some leadership.

And yet...
"The survey shows the country split down the middle, with 43% supporting a delay to Brexit in order to hold a second public vote and 43% believing the UK should simply quit without any agreement with Brussels."
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/16/britain-split-over-prospect-of-

...despite agreeing with most if your sentiments, it would heal nothing.

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:23 - Mar 17 with 5646 viewsDarth_Koont

Agreed. There are many legitimate concerns that led to the disillusionment and disenfranchisement behind the Leave vote but actually our relationship with the EU is way down the list.

So, it was revolting the speed with which May and her government leapt on the immigration aspect rather than take any responsibility for years of ignoring and underfunding sections of the population and regions of this country.

Brexit has at least forced politicians and the electorate to look at reality and address our ideological blindspots. There's much further to go but maybe there's a better chance of a proper discussion and action now.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:25 - Mar 17 with 5638 viewsWithnail

17.4m gave a clear mandate.

What was the question on the ballot paper again?

As for a "people's vote" (ha), BCWYWF. We already told them.
Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:28 - Mar 17 with 5621 viewsWeWereZombies

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:05 - Mar 17 by BloomBlue

It won't because if remain win it's only right we have another vote in 3 years and if you don't have another vote it will alienate 17million people. We've already had the vote to stay/leave if there is anothet vote then it should be just for the deal or no deal.

It is way less than seventeen million now and you know it...

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:30 - Mar 17 with 5609 viewsWeWereZombies

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:25 - Mar 17 by Withnail

17.4m gave a clear mandate.

What was the question on the ballot paper again?

As for a "people's vote" (ha), BCWYWF. We already told them.

Nothing like ignoring all the issues for being persuasive...that was what got us into this mess.

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:37 - Mar 17 with 5584 viewsWeWereZombies

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:23 - Mar 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

And yet...
"The survey shows the country split down the middle, with 43% supporting a delay to Brexit in order to hold a second public vote and 43% believing the UK should simply quit without any agreement with Brussels."
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/16/britain-split-over-prospect-of-

...despite agreeing with most if your sentiments, it would heal nothing.

You are conveniently ignoring the 46% for Remain as opposed to only 36% to Leave that heads up that article, although the number taking part in the poll is also not shown so it could be just as bogus as the 2016 referendum. However I don't think so, if we do get a decent second chance (and everyone deserves a second chance providing their crimes have not been too severe) it looks like it could be twenty million remain votes to fourteen million leave votes now (or 60% versus 40% for remaining if you want it in percentage terms), doesn't it?

Corbyn just made I laugh on 13:12 - Mar 17 with 5476 viewsJ2BLUE

Sophy Ridge is rather lovely. I'd answer her questions anyday.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Corbyn just made I laugh on 13:32 - Mar 17 with 5400 viewspickles110564

No clear mandate?

Leave the Eu or Remain in the EU, i know for some of you that find it difficult to understand this might not have been clear enough?
Corbyn just made I laugh on 13:36 - Mar 17 with 5391 viewsJ2BLUE

Corbyn just made I laugh on 13:32 - Mar 17 by pickles110564

No clear mandate?

Leave the Eu or Remain in the EU, i know for some of you that find it difficult to understand this might not have been clear enough?

The referendum was a mandate to leave with a soft Brexit. Is that what you want? I thought you wanted a hard Brexit. Don't forget a second referendum would give you the chance to vote for your vision as well. Would you oppose a three way elimination referendum with no deal, May's deal and remain?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Corbyn just made I laugh on 13:41 - Mar 17 with 5368 viewsDarth_Koont

No clear mandate?

No, the bare facts are that on the 23rd of June 2016, 52% voted that the United Kingdom should leave the European Union in an advisory, constitutionally non-binding referendum.

We're perfectly free to take another look based on subsequent facts about the campaigns and the now known difficulties of leaving without causing major upheaval and damage, particularly in Northern Ireland.

The clear mandate to leave, if it ever existed, certainly doesn't exist now.

Pronouns: He/Him

Corbyn just made I laugh on 13:43 - Mar 17 with 5359 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Corbyn just made I laugh on 12:37 - Mar 17 by WeWereZombies

You are conveniently ignoring the 46% for Remain as opposed to only 36% to Leave that heads up that article, although the number taking part in the poll is also not shown so it could be just as bogus as the 2016 referendum. However I don't think so, if we do get a decent second chance (and everyone deserves a second chance providing their crimes have not been too severe) it looks like it could be twenty million remain votes to fourteen million leave votes now (or 60% versus 40% for remaining if you want it in percentage terms), doesn't it?

If 43% want a hard Brexit then I can't see it. (I imagine the missing 7% are leavers but not on May's terms....where are you getting the 20M/14M from?
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 13:43]

Corbyn just made I laugh on 13:47 - Mar 17 with 5334 viewsWeWereZombies

No clear mandate?

I mean, as I have said many times and you seem incapable of understanding, that 52% of a 70% turnout is only 37% of those entitled to vote (less than the 38% who voted for Scottish independence and lost) so the result was so narrow as to be inconclusive. You would not allow the rules that Cameron allowed the June 2016 referendum to be run under if you were a corporation voting on a takeover, or even a change of auditor in some cases. You would not even allow it in Parish Council meetings on major issues so why was it slapped before us so clumsily? Shabby practice does not even begin to describe it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024