Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone upset about this? 13:01 - Mar 17 with 1738 viewsPendejo

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47601796

Banner is consistent with their political outlook, whether anyone likes the sentiment or not.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Anyone upset about this? on 13:09 - Mar 17 with 1701 viewsJ2BLUE

It's nothing the SNP and Scottish independence voters haven't said. Not offended in the slightest. Not much difference between that and Brexit voters saying 'EU: Get out of the UK'. It seems to be about political influence rather than English people.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone upset about this? on 13:56 - Mar 17 with 1654 viewsm14_blue

Anyone upset about this? on 13:09 - Mar 17 by J2BLUE

It's nothing the SNP and Scottish independence voters haven't said. Not offended in the slightest. Not much difference between that and Brexit voters saying 'EU: Get out of the UK'. It seems to be about political influence rather than English people.

Doesn’t bother me really but I think the history of Ireland makes it very different to those other examples.

A bit embarrassing for someone from a serious political party.
Anyone upset about this? on 13:57 - Mar 17 with 1649 viewssparks

Anyone upset about this? on 13:56 - Mar 17 by m14_blue

Doesn’t bother me really but I think the history of Ireland makes it very different to those other examples.

A bit embarrassing for someone from a serious political party.

Bothered? No. But it is always useful to be reminded of their true colours, and the lack of sincerity in a lot of what they say.

England, of course, is not in Ireland. Northern Irish people are in Northern Ireland, and are part of the UK (as most of them still wish to be). So it doesnt even make sense.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Anyone upset about this? on 14:16 - Mar 17 with 1597 viewsGeoffSentence

Just England? Not bothered about the Welsh or Scots?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Anyone upset about this? on 14:20 - Mar 17 with 1582 viewsWeWereZombies

One thing I have learnt in the last week from reading Bertrand Russell's 'History of Western Philosophy', according to him St. Patrick was from Somerset. And Ireland was partly christian before he got there. Ah, that's two things.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Anyone upset about this? on 14:21 - Mar 17 with 1578 viewsDarth_Koont

Obviously this is in the US where the sentiments (and historical perspective) haven't really moved on from the 19th and early 20th century.

In the modern context, you could say that it's more about getting Westminster out of Ireland. But I'd say that's a valid point of view for Scotland, Wales, the majority of England and indeed British politics as a whole.

Pronouns: He/Him

Anyone upset about this? on 14:23 - Mar 17 with 1574 viewsPinewoodblue

Anyone upset about this? on 14:16 - Mar 17 by GeoffSentence

Just England? Not bothered about the Welsh or Scots?

The banner is aimed at Americans a significant number of whom refer to anyone from Britain as being English.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Anyone upset about this? on 14:25 - Mar 17 with 1566 viewsWeWereZombies

Anyone upset about this? on 14:21 - Mar 17 by Darth_Koont

Obviously this is in the US where the sentiments (and historical perspective) haven't really moved on from the 19th and early 20th century.

In the modern context, you could say that it's more about getting Westminster out of Ireland. But I'd say that's a valid point of view for Scotland, Wales, the majority of England and indeed British politics as a whole.

Wouldn't it be better to get Stormont up and running again (and fully representing all of Northern Ireland)?

And pushing devolution as far as we can so that Holyrood has more power?

Then Westminster can carry on in it's own sweet way and we all can worry about it less...well, apart from those resident in England.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone upset about this? on 15:06 - Mar 17 with 1504 viewsFtnfwest

It’s the sort of thing that we as always will let completely wash over us. While they’re at it though what about Irish out of America?
Anyone upset about this? on 15:52 - Mar 17 with 1432 viewswkj

I'm a little disappointed they didn't have a sign that said "Westminster, Get out of the UK" ... oh well, God save the penny farthing.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone upset about this? on 20:02 - Mar 17 with 1340 viewsnoggin

Anyone upset about this? on 15:06 - Mar 17 by Ftnfwest

It’s the sort of thing that we as always will let completely wash over us. While they’re at it though what about Irish out of America?

Huh?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024