Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Norwood.. we take that won't we. 16:04 - Mar 17 with 3024 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

We've needed a goalscorer all season long. Jackson has looked sharp recently, hasn't scored enough goals all season. Harrison has spent too much time being injured. Keane well out of our price range.

Norwood is a finisher, there is no doubt about the fact that he knows where the back of the net is.
23 goals in conference last season.
Stepped up to League 2:
25 goals in 36 games already, would imagine he'll break 30 goals which is a hell of a return.

Going to watch him at Col U next week, also a player from Col U named Courtney Senior somebody has told me to go and watch.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 16:41 - Mar 17 with 2929 viewsconnorscontract

We need a target man. A big, ugly target man who can lead the line and play with nous and cunning. And who knows how to score. Basically, and I'm ready to be pilloried for this, we need our own Grunt Holt.

I know only what the article says about Norwood, but he sounds like a very good spot.
James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:02 - Mar 17 with 2869 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I am not sure why you assume the top scorer in League 2 will be cheaper than Keane to sign.

If we could get him in the door it would be good but I won't hold my breath.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:06 - Mar 17 with 2860 viewsRadlett_blue

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 16:41 - Mar 17 by connorscontract

We need a target man. A big, ugly target man who can lead the line and play with nous and cunning. And who knows how to score. Basically, and I'm ready to be pilloried for this, we need our own Grunt Holt.

I know only what the article says about Norwood, but he sounds like a very good spot.

Yes, we need a target man to lead the line. Norwood is 5' 9" so I doubt he would fulfill that role.
We already have 2 contracted strikers who have done as well, if not better, than Norwood in the lower leagues. No reason to expect him to be better.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:14 - Mar 17 with 2841 viewsNthsuffolkblue

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:06 - Mar 17 by Radlett_blue

Yes, we need a target man to lead the line. Norwood is 5' 9" so I doubt he would fulfill that role.
We already have 2 contracted strikers who have done as well, if not better, than Norwood in the lower leagues. No reason to expect him to be better.

Not sure who those 2 strikers are.

Jackson's highest return in one season is 16 isn't it without hitting double figures in any other season. Harrison got 20 in one non-league season but 14 last season was his highest in the league and, again, he has not scored double figures in any other season.

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:20 - Mar 17 with 2819 viewssparks

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:06 - Mar 17 by Radlett_blue

Who are these strikers? Jackson's best ever return was 16. He'd only once broken double figures previously, even at non league. Looks like Harrison managed 20 one season in the conference but since then managed 8 9 and 14
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 17:23]

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:24 - Mar 17 with 2802 viewsRadlett_blue

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:14 - Mar 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not sure who those 2 strikers are.

Jackson's highest return in one season is 16 isn't it without hitting double figures in any other season. Harrison got 20 in one non-league season but 14 last season was his highest in the league and, again, he has not scored double figures in any other season.

Norwood has scored plenty in the 4th tier for a successful Tranmere team; before, most of his goals were scored in the conference. At 5' 9" & 28 years old doesn't look like the target man we need or a player with sell on value. Yes, Jackson seems a poor finisher & we haven't seen enough of Harrison to know what he's capable of, but I think a target man is what we really need.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Unless we sign Batistuta, I'm not renewing (n/t) on 17:25 - Mar 17 with 2791 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Yes you are! (n/t) on 17:28 - Mar 17 with 2772 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Unless we sign Batistuta, I'm not renewing (n/t) on 17:25 - Mar 17 by Dyland

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:34 - Mar 17 with 2759 viewsNthsuffolkblue

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:24 - Mar 17 by Radlett_blue

Norwood has scored plenty in the 4th tier for a successful Tranmere team; before, most of his goals were scored in the conference. At 5' 9" & 28 years old doesn't look like the target man we need or a player with sell on value. Yes, Jackson seems a poor finisher & we haven't seen enough of Harrison to know what he's capable of, but I think a target man is what we really need.

I agree we need a target man, preferably with an eye for goal as well, but I think we need a proven goal scorer as well. Maybe one who has already done it in League 1 would be better. Maybe one that is at a Premier League/Championship club and has done it on loan in League 2 with good potential. Sears is a proven goal scorer at that level (and in the Championship) but he won't be fit until Christmas will he?

tbh I'd renew even if we replaced the whole team with Conference players on 17:34 - Mar 17 with 2756 viewsDyland

Yes you are! (n/t) on 17:28 - Mar 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

for one season at least ;)

#mug

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Unless we sign Batistuta, I'm not renewing (n/t) on 17:39 - Mar 17 with 2745 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Unless we sign Batistuta, I'm not renewing (n/t) on 17:25 - Mar 17 by Dyland

I wonder how many fans bought tickets when Forest signed Pele.

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:45 - Mar 17 with 2725 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:02 - Mar 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

I am not sure why you assume the top scorer in League 2 will be cheaper than Keane to sign.

If we could get him in the door it would be good but I won't hold my breath.

He’s out of contract, so it will only be wages to fund. Can’t imagine him on anything above 1.5-2k a week currently.

Will Keane is currently on 25k a week.

It doesn’t take a genius to work out whose probably going to be the most feasible and cheaper option.

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:47 - Mar 17 with 2714 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 16:41 - Mar 17 by connorscontract

I don’t think he’s a target man, but he’s a clever footballer, good boys about knowing where to be in the box, his runs are smart into space by the looks of his goals.

He looks v similar to Jack Marriott to be honest.

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 18:01 - Mar 17 with 2672 viewsNthsuffolkblue

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 17:45 - Mar 17 by TheTrueBlue1878

He’s out of contract, so it will only be wages to fund. Can’t imagine him on anything above 1.5-2k a week currently.

Will Keane is currently on 25k a week.

It doesn’t take a genius to work out whose probably going to be the most feasible and cheaper option.

Do you think anyone will pay Keane the same as he is on currently?

Do you think Norwood will be expecting the same as he is on currently?

I think the cost of signing either will be much closer than those raw figures suggest.

Since, if I had the choice of the two I would go with Keane, I would expect his cost to be somewhat higher. He has, at least scored goals at this level. However, his injury record recently mitigates some of that.

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 19:46 - Mar 17 with 2464 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

James Norwood.. we take that won't we. on 18:01 - Mar 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

Do you think anyone will pay Keane the same as he is on currently?

Do you think Norwood will be expecting the same as he is on currently?

I think the cost of signing either will be much closer than those raw figures suggest.

Since, if I had the choice of the two I would go with Keane, I would expect his cost to be somewhat higher. He has, at least scored goals at this level. However, his injury record recently mitigates some of that.

I don’t think anyone will pay Keane 25k.

But he won’t stay here for what we could offer him.

We’ll probably only offer Norwood 3.5k with a 45% increase if promoted to Championship. Keane will probably want 8-10k minimum to stay at Town.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024