Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. 19:47 - Mar 17 with 4578 viewsCoco

My Player of the Year 2018/19 goes to...

Tevoh Calobah.
In the bleakest of seasons in our history we signed a fresh faced and raw 18 year old to play the most pivotal of roles in any team. Not only was it a #NewEra for an underfunded side under a new inexperienced coaching team but, it was also a side that had seen its guts ripped out of it during unprecedented upheaval. Not only was Trevoh 18 but this was to be his first EVER season in senior professional football. Not only was it his first ever season but it was in one of the most gruelling, unforgiving leagues in world football. On top of all this, as an up and coming centre half, he was being asked to underpin the side in a crucial holding midfield role!

In his first few games he showed flashes of his talent with some lovely raking passes and timely interceptions but we did also see his inexperience. He has cost us goals but also won us points but the truly outstanding thing about him is that he has never hidden. Not once! He chases everything and is always available for the pass. He is always in front of the fans either on social media or signing autographs. He has been a credit to us and his parent club and his talent has always been there to see. Way too much was asked of him but that wasn’t his fault and he never shirked his responsibility. For me he is easily the POTY and fully deserves it - though I’m sure he would be embarrassed to accept it.

Special mention to Matthew Pennington. I just feel so many of our problems have stemmed from errors at the back etc that i just couldn’t reward an experienced defender.

My Young Player of the Year goes to...

Jack Lankester.
Although his season was fleeting he gave us such excitement and hope in those few games. He showed us that despite the current plight our future is one of excitement and promise. He stepped up with direct running and penetration when senior pros failed to. He also quickly committed to the club setting an example to fellow youth players.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 19:49 - Mar 17 with 4558 viewsfooters

Anyone receiving our POTY award would or should feel embarrassed by it. Sorry, but this is the biggest wooden spoon in our club's history. Cancel it.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 19:55 - Mar 17 with 4533 viewsJ2BLUE

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 19:49 - Mar 17 by footers

Anyone receiving our POTY award would or should feel embarrassed by it. Sorry, but this is the biggest wooden spoon in our club's history. Cancel it.

Player of the Year. It's not called Footballer of the Year. Chambers deserves it for his work behind the scenes keeping the club together.

We need to stop being so precious. The tide is turning and the feel good factor is coming back. Why create an issue by cancelling this award? There are several candidates for various reasons:

Chambers
Chalobah
Sears

Lets just get it over with.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 20:02 - Mar 17 with 4491 viewsfooters

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 19:55 - Mar 17 by J2BLUE

Player of the Year. It's not called Footballer of the Year. Chambers deserves it for his work behind the scenes keeping the club together.

We need to stop being so precious. The tide is turning and the feel good factor is coming back. Why create an issue by cancelling this award? There are several candidates for various reasons:

Chambers
Chalobah
Sears

I love Chambo for what he's done/continues to do, but his form's been way off this season.

Chalobah a shout. Sears was decent. But come on... really? Who else are we planning to damn with the faintest of praise?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 20:26 - Mar 17 with 4448 viewsKieran_Knows

I hate it when loan players get POTY, think it’s almost pointless when they do.

Give it to Chambers, and just get it over with.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 20:31 - Mar 17 with 4426 viewsFixed_It

His performance when he came on on Saturday was terrific. He almost deserves the award on that performance alone!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 20:34 - Mar 17 with 4415 viewschristiand

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 20:26 - Mar 17 by Kieran_Knows

I hate it when loan players get POTY, think it’s almost pointless when they do.

Give it to Chambers, and just get it over with.

It’s who deserves it through their performances on the pitch, not who their parent club is!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 20:53 - Mar 17 with 4368 viewshadleighboyblue

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 19:55 - Mar 17 by J2BLUE

Chambers
Chalobah
Sears

Totally agree with the OP , for all the reasons given it has to be Chalobah .

We forget how young and inexperienced he is , but he has grown and grown through his time here . As was said , he never hides .

When he replaced Skuse on Saturday it added so much impetus to the team .

Sorry , but Chambers might be a good club man but has had a very indifferent season on the pitch , no way he is POTY .
It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 22:24 - Mar 17 with 4227 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

My favourite post of the year.

I love Chambo as much as the next person but he hasn't even been our best defender. Trev has improved so much and it has been an honour to see him develop. He has really taken the club to his heart as you can see buy his social media posts. Can't wait to see what happens in his future.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 22:28 - Mar 17 with 4206 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 20:34 - Mar 17 by christiand

It’s who deserves it through their performances on the pitch, not who their parent club is!

This, plus I think Chalobah should be pleased to have improved and shown something in this side. Anyone who is an established player should be embarrassed to receive it this season.

I don't think there has been a standout at all but Chalobah probably shades it for me.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 08:51 - Mar 18 with 3958 viewsDeano69

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 19:49 - Mar 17 by footers

I have enjoyed my season more this year than the last two. Of course I don’t want us to be in league one and of course I would have hoped to have seen many more wins. But the show goes on, hard work and dedication ought to be recognised. We cant just roll over and give up as a team or supporters.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 14:12]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Totally agree with this on 08:58 - Mar 18 with 3947 viewsunstableblue

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 08:51 - Mar 18 by Deano69

I have enjoyed my season more this year than the last two. Of course I don’t want us to be in league one and of course I would have hoped to have seen many more wins. But the show goes on, hard work and dedication ought to be recognised. We cant just roll over and give up as a team or supporters.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 14:12]

Gutted to be going down.

Two seasons of dross and retarding our playing system and link to academy then yet another ill advised managerial appointment and we end up being a team that just gifts goals and results.

BUT under Lambert we have not rolled over and become complete whipping boys, and we’re playing by far the most entertaining football in years.

I actually enjoy going to Portman Road.

Pennington, Chalobah and Bishop would be worthy winners.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 10:16 - Mar 18 with 3893 viewsportmanpensioner

Cancel POTY and have a manager of the year and give it to Lambert
It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 13:02 - Mar 18 with 3805 viewsbaxterbasics

Just be nice that it wont be Bart for a change.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 13:06 - Mar 18 with 3800 viewsPJH

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 13:02 - Mar 18 by baxterbasics

Just be nice that it wont be Bart for a change.

Well it shouldn't be but.....
Totally agree with this on 14:14 - Mar 18 with 3736 viewsDeano69

Totally agree with this on 08:58 - Mar 18 by unstableblue

Gutted to be going down.

Two seasons of dross and retarding our playing system and link to academy then yet another ill advised managerial appointment and we end up being a team that just gifts goals and results.

BUT under Lambert we have not rolled over and become complete whipping boys, and we’re playing by far the most entertaining football in years.

I actually enjoy going to Portman Road.

Pennington, Chalobah and Bishop would be worthy winners.

Absolutely. I understand the suggestion of Chambers from some too.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 14:18 - Mar 18 with 3728 viewsMrTown

You’re all over the gaf you are.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 14:31 - Mar 18 with 3718 views26_Paz

100% agree that it has to be Trevor. I get the Chambo argument and if he had even an average season he would be a contender but in truth he's been pretty dreadful.

The Paz Man

It may have been the worst season ever but I think POTY should be respected. on 14:50 - Mar 18 with 3696 viewsPositivelyPortman

Yup got to be Chalobah.

Oh how some scoffed when PH signed him.
His enthusiasm, energy, positivity and style has been above anything that one may have expected a loanee to bring to our club.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024