Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I have been reading up on Native American reservations 23:53 - Mar 17 with 4941 viewsLord_Lucan

The town of Whiteclay in Nebraska has a population of 17 and has four liquor stores that sell an average of 12,500 cans of beer a day, mostly to the residents of Pine Ridge Reservation two miles down the road.

Quite remarkable Jeff.

Edit; Further reading suggests that the liquor stores licences were revoked in 2017 and the population has dropped to 10.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 0:05]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I have been reading up on Native American reservations on 13:28 - Mar 18 with 578 viewsbahri

I have been reading up on Native American reservations on 11:29 - Mar 18 by PJH

Got both those.

Two others that I have got are:-

End Of Custer by Dale T Schoenberger
Crazy Horse And Custer by Stephen E Ambrose

I have Crazy Horse and Custer, but not End of Custer is it a good read and worth getting?
As an aside my two German Shepherds are named after Native Americans
Cochise and Piya

redandella

I have been reading up on Native American reservations on 13:34 - Mar 18 with 569 viewsbaxterbasics

I have my own recommendations for good fictional watches that demonstrate a taste of life on the res.

Wind River - great film all round.

Tin Star - Sky Atlantic series starring Tim Roth.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

I have been reading up on Native American reservations on 13:36 - Mar 18 with 566 viewsPJH

I have been reading up on Native American reservations on 13:28 - Mar 18 by bahri

I have Crazy Horse and Custer, but not End of Custer is it a good read and worth getting?
As an aside my two German Shepherds are named after Native Americans
Cochise and Piya

It is a good read but I don't know how easy it is to get because it is joint Canadian/USA published(in 1995).

I actually got my copy from an Oxfam bookshop in Oban and it is ex Argyll & Bute District Library.

edit-just looked at Amazon and you can get it either new or second hand.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 13:43]
I have been reading up on Native American reservations on 13:52 - Mar 18 with 551 viewsbahri

I have been reading up on Native American reservations on 13:36 - Mar 18 by PJH

It is a good read but I don't know how easy it is to get because it is joint Canadian/USA published(in 1995).

I actually got my copy from an Oxfam bookshop in Oban and it is ex Argyll & Bute District Library.

edit-just looked at Amazon and you can get it either new or second hand.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 13:43]

Thank you will have a look

redandella

I have been reading up on Native American reservations on 13:57 - Mar 18 with 548 viewsfooters

Native Americans shouldn't have reservations about anything. Sure it'll work out just fine for them. Just need a little bit of confidence.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024