Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here 08:00 - Mar 18 with 5108 viewsSteve_M

The best thing about being inside, presumably, is not being bale to see the building.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-47588275

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 08:12 - Mar 18 with 5051 viewshampstead_blue

Is there not a Community Interest Company who could turn it into low cost housing or flats for homeless people.

A church is probably the worst use. Fairy tales!

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 08:31 - Mar 18 with 4996 viewsBackToRussia

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 08:12 - Mar 18 by hampstead_blue

Is there not a Community Interest Company who could turn it into low cost housing or flats for homeless people.

On the upside, given it was a cinema you could argue that no change of use would be required.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 08:32 - Mar 18 with 4989 viewsITFC_Forever

Opened in 1991, closed in 2005 and it's now 2019. It's been closed for as long as it was open.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 08:42 - Mar 18 with 4950 viewsZedRodgers

I always thought it would make a good Big Brother type space. Perhaps one that you could hire with friends.

It would follow the same eviction format but the tasks and general goings-on would be much less TV friendly. PM me for more info.

No, not at the moment

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 09:27 - Mar 18 with 4847 viewsLord_Lucan

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 08:42 - Mar 18 by ZedRodgers

I always thought it would make a good Big Brother type space. Perhaps one that you could hire with friends.

It would follow the same eviction format but the tasks and general goings-on would be much less TV friendly. PM me for more info.

I was rather hoping it would be a Mosque

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 09:33 - Mar 18 with 4833 viewsSwansea_Blue

Fergal could live there and pretend he's cruising the 7 seas.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 9:38]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 09:40 - Mar 18 with 4806 viewsDubtractor

"We're looking forward to this part of town growing and developing and we'll be part of that, which is exciting."

Um, I hate to break it to him, but that end of town has been slowly dying for about 25 years.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 09:45 - Mar 18 with 4795 viewsGuthrum

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 08:12 - Mar 18 by hampstead_blue

Would probably be more cost effective to rent or sell the site (to a church or something) and build low-cost/social housing elsewhere with the money. Conversion to residential would require a lot of work.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 09:58 - Mar 18 with 4757 viewsSWGF

In 1994, I watched Pulp Fiction there on 14 separate occasions rather than go to college.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 10:05 - Mar 18 with 4742 viewsSwansea_Blue

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 09:58 - Mar 18 by SWGF

In 1994, I watched Pulp Fiction there on 14 separate occasions rather than go to college.

Our main avoidance tactic was to jump on the train to Chelmsford and go ice skating. TWTD.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 10:05 - Mar 18 with 4742 viewsdavblue

Jurrasic Park for me.
Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 10:34 - Mar 18 with 4679 viewsKieran_Knows

Never went in the Odeon, so cheers for posting that.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 10:37 - Mar 18 with 4671 viewshampstead_blue

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 09:45 - Mar 18 by Guthrum

Would probably be more cost effective to rent or sell the site (to a church or something) and build low-cost/social housing elsewhere with the money. Conversion to residential would require a lot of work.

There was/is an easy way to turn commercial into flats. I can't recall the detail but a few offices near our old place in Hampstead went that way.

What I like about this site is the communal spaces. You need to get light into the cinema areas, a few windows, and I think it could be interesting.....challenging I agree, but that's what the architect is there for.

It could be a great place for those in need.

Turning into a brainwashing centre is retrograde.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 10:41 - Mar 18 with 4659 viewsDubtractor

I managed to fall asleep on there watching natural born killers. I was very tired!

Think it was there I fell asleep watching attack of the clones. That time I was just bored.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 11:05 - Mar 18 with 4600 viewsJ2BLUE

Love the Odeon. Fond memories of when films seemed larger than life and my dreams weren't yet dead.

I remember the cardboard cut out advertising Jurassic Park.

TWTD

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 11:06 - Mar 18 with 4601 views_

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 11:05 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Love the Odeon. Fond memories of when films seemed larger than life and my dreams weren't yet dead.

I remember the cardboard cut out advertising Jurassic Park.

TWTD

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 11:16 - Mar 18 with 4569 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

They should knock it down and the Regent and replace both with one big indoor multi purpose arena, like Cardiff's Motorpoint. Why convert into into a church when Ipswich already has loads of abandoned Churches?

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 12:19 - Mar 18 with 4482 viewsZedRodgers

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 11:16 - Mar 18 by Jonnosdreadlocks

They should knock it down and the Regent and replace both with one big indoor multi purpose arena, like Cardiff's Motorpoint. Why convert into into a church when Ipswich already has loads of abandoned Churches?

There'll be no knocking down of the Regent thank you very much.

No, not at the moment

Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 17:06 - Mar 18 with 4122 viewsjontysnut

My mum went to a sixth form parents evening and one of the teachers said he didn't know who I was. That took some explaining.
Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 19:38 - Mar 18 with 3975 viewsstonojnr

surprised they didnt link to these videos and they are much more interesting insight into the building...so I will instead :)

whilst it was still open

how it looks now
Some pictures from inside Ipswich Odeon here on 20:10 - Mar 18 with 3933 viewsfabian_illness

I remember taking an old girlfriend there in 1992 ish and getting evacuated half way through the film for a bomb scare.
Was probably the most exciting part of that particular relationship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024