Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... 08:56 - Mar 18 with 50054 viewsKieran_Knows

... conspiracy theory kind of thread, has anybody watched the Madeline McCann documentary on Netflix yet? Other than the game on Saturday, had nothing to do all weekend so got round to watching them all.

I must say, the level of incompetency from the Portuguese Police in those first few hours/days seems unreal to me.

It also amazes me, that someone, somewhere knows what went on that night and 12 years on, it doesn't seem any closer to a conclusion (whether she may be dead, or indeed alive somewhere).
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 8:56]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:09 - Mar 19 with 4034 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 06:45 - Mar 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Agree with all that and your previous post - but that’s not what Pecker and others were saying. The implication from Pecker was clear that he thinks the McCann’s know what happened

Obviously he’s entitled to have that view as he states - but then others are entitled to think it’s an unbelievably crass position to take

Yes they are, but to use words such as "challenge" and "accuse" are a bit out of context. I am just saying what I think.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:14 - Mar 19 with 4030 viewscaught-in-limbo

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:01 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

It also amazes me how many people on TWTD seem to be experts in how people should behave when they discover their daughter is missing.

It's think it's more that they believe they would behave differently and they're just expressing that. I haven't seen any TWTD members claiming to be experts themselves.

In my experience, when you're innocent and accused of something you didn't do, your defence is the truth and you don't shy away from presenting it.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:18 - Mar 19 with 4023 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:14 - Mar 19 by caught-in-limbo

It's think it's more that they believe they would behave differently and they're just expressing that. I haven't seen any TWTD members claiming to be experts themselves.

In my experience, when you're innocent and accused of something you didn't do, your defence is the truth and you don't shy away from presenting it.

And how do people normally behave when they've just discovered their young daughter is missing?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:23 - Mar 19 with 4020 viewscaught-in-limbo

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:18 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

And how do people normally behave when they've just discovered their young daughter is missing?

If I knew that, that would make me a bit of an expert. I'm not. Like I said "I think it's more that they believe they would behave differently and they're just expressing that."

#toxic

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:31 - Mar 19 with 4011 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:23 - Mar 19 by caught-in-limbo

If I knew that, that would make me a bit of an expert. I'm not. Like I said "I think it's more that they believe they would behave differently and they're just expressing that."

So nobody on here knows what 'normal' behaviour in that situation looks like but yet some still feel comfortable to suggest the parents' behaviour wasn't normal? Fair dos. I'm a bit old school in that I think it's best not to speak - certainly not with any conviction - whereof one does not have a clue.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:41 - Mar 19 with 4003 viewscaught-in-limbo

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:31 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

So nobody on here knows what 'normal' behaviour in that situation looks like but yet some still feel comfortable to suggest the parents' behaviour wasn't normal? Fair dos. I'm a bit old school in that I think it's best not to speak - certainly not with any conviction - whereof one does not have a clue.

"So nobody on here knows what 'normal' behaviour in that situation looks like but yet some still feel comfortable to suggest the parents' behaviour wasn't normal?"

Can you link me to a post in this thread where such people say the McCanns behaviour wasn't "normal"?

#toxic

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:45 - Mar 19 with 3998 viewswkj

I lost my brother a few years ago in unexpected circumstances, the my mum's initial reaction acted upon finding out would have likely have been considered abnormal by many.

So for all of those who are trying to apply a degree of logic to how a parent would act in a situation like this, stop, unless you or your family has seen it first hand, assumptions in this regard are total garbage and hogwash.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:51 - Mar 19 with 3981 viewscaught-in-limbo

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:45 - Mar 19 by wkj

I lost my brother a few years ago in unexpected circumstances, the my mum's initial reaction acted upon finding out would have likely have been considered abnormal by many.

So for all of those who are trying to apply a degree of logic to how a parent would act in a situation like this, stop, unless you or your family has seen it first hand, assumptions in this regard are total garbage and hogwash.

Again, I'm not sure who in this thread you are referring to.

People have suggested they wouldn't behave like the McCanns did, but I haven't seen anyone claim that their behaviour was not "normal".

I think it's fine for people to express the fact that they believe they would behave differently.
Of course it's a hypothetical situation, everyone realises that.

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:53 - Mar 19 with 3978 viewswkj

RE: Not sure who I am addressing

I was addressing the message not the messenger(s)

Crybaby

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:56 - Mar 19 with 3966 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:41 - Mar 19 by caught-in-limbo

"So nobody on here knows what 'normal' behaviour in that situation looks like but yet some still feel comfortable to suggest the parents' behaviour wasn't normal?"

Can you link me to a post in this thread where such people say the McCanns behaviour wasn't "normal"?

You could just read the thread.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:03 - Mar 19 with 3956 viewsRyorry

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:41 - Mar 19 by caught-in-limbo

Try re-reading pp 1 & 2.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:07 - Mar 19 with 3951 viewscaught-in-limbo

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:56 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

You could just read the thread.

I have done. Additionally, I did a search on the word "normal" on every page and found no examples of the sort of people you describe. I can't find an example, so I'm asking you to give examples of the behaviour you're not happy with.

#toxic

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:13 - Mar 19 with 3944 viewswkj

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:07 - Mar 19 by caught-in-limbo

I have done. Additionally, I did a search on the word "normal" on every page and found no examples of the sort of people you describe. I can't find an example, so I'm asking you to give examples of the behaviour you're not happy with.

Following your logic, I have not seen anyone say they are not "happy" with behaviour expressed on here.

Crybaby

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:14 - Mar 19 with 3943 viewsRyorry

Errr - using a 1-word search ("normal") is a bit narrow!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:34 - Mar 19 with 3924 viewscaught-in-limbo

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:14 - Mar 19 by Ryorry

Errr - using a 1-word search ("normal") is a bit narrow!

I've read the first two pages.

I've read criticism of the McCanns' actions which I personally feel are justified.

Perhaps the strongest criticism in the thread is the single comment from boysof1981 (page 2) who describes the parents' behaviour as heartless. It's an isolated comment and no one has asked him to explain why he used those words.

Haven't found the sort of comments that Herbivore is talking about. Perhaps you can link them to me if you've already found them.

#toxic

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:38 - Mar 19 with 3920 viewswkj

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:34 - Mar 19 by caught-in-limbo

I've read criticism of the McCanns' actions which I personally feel are justified.

Perhaps the strongest criticism in the thread is the single comment from boysof1981 (page 2) who describes the parents' behaviour as heartless. It's an isolated comment and no one has asked him to explain why he used those words.

Haven't found the sort of comments that Herbivore is talking about. Perhaps you can link them to me if you've already found them.

Can you link the posts where people say they're "not happy" to me please. I am struggling to find them.

Crybaby

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:49 - Mar 19 with 3905 viewsPablosCousin

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:07 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

Plenty of innocent people no comment interviews, they are generally advised to by their lawyers.

I'm not a lawyer so don't understand full reasons behind it, but it is something that if applied to any other cases wouldn't be that strange but is over scrutinised.

How would them asking about shift patterns and job at the hospital in anyway help them find Maddie at that time? The questions indicate she is being treated as a suspect so it's not unusual

You are not generally advised to no comment if innocent, not sure where you have got that from. If innocent you have no real reason not to cooperate. You cannot be tripped up by questions, which guilty people often are.

You often no comment if you are guilty to stop further incriminating yourself with other crimes.

Albeit there are some random questions but end of the day that was their line of inquiry and there was no real reason not to answer it, there may have been an underlying reason it was asked.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:49 - Mar 19 with 3903 viewscaught-in-limbo

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:38 - Mar 19 by wkj

Can you link the posts where people say they're "not happy" to me please. I am struggling to find them.

It's interesting that two people have answered my question on Herbivore's behalf yet no one is able to link an offending post.

I'm not saying they don't exist. I may have missed them, but if three people at least are sure they exist, then why not just link them to me rather than playing cat and mouse?

#toxic

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:53 - Mar 19 with 3892 viewswkj

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:49 - Mar 19 by caught-in-limbo

It's interesting that two people have answered my question on Herbivore's behalf yet no one is able to link an offending post.

I'm not saying they don't exist. I may have missed them, but if three people at least are sure they exist, then why not just link them to me rather than playing cat and mouse?

It isn't that interesting, its a public forum - had I been responding to you for something you wrote to Herbivore via private message, that would be interesting.

As for your second paragraph, it isn't up to anyone else to link anything to you, if you don't understand the correlations between conflicting points of view, debating lexical semantics is not a great way of gaining clarity.

Crybaby

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:58 - Mar 19 with 3883 viewsBlue_Moses

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:23 - Mar 18 by uefacup81

I also reckon, had they not been white middle-class doctors, a lot more uncomfortable questions would have been asked as to why their children were left in an unlocked hotel room whilst they went out on the pi55.

So yes, they got off bloody lightly when you consider darker-skinned/poorer parents would have had a very uncomfortable grilling from the good folks at Social Services.

And because of this they are responsible at some level, leaving their kids alone in an unlocked room is terrible.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:02 - Mar 19 with 3877 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:53 - Mar 19 by wkj

It isn't that interesting, its a public forum - had I been responding to you for something you wrote to Herbivore via private message, that would be interesting.

As for your second paragraph, it isn't up to anyone else to link anything to you, if you don't understand the correlations between conflicting points of view, debating lexical semantics is not a great way of gaining clarity.

And that is all it is, "conflicting points of view". And yet, some feel it is right to fire accusations on those people. I think it is fine for people to disagree on anything. I haven't accused anybody who has disagreed with me of anything, yet those who disagree with me have "accused" and "challenged" me.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:08 - Mar 19 with 3862 viewsHerbivore

Re-read the thread. You're being deliberately literal and obtuse, which is unlike you.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:09 - Mar 19 with 3860 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:34 - Mar 19 by caught-in-limbo

You are a walking study in confirmation bias.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:11 - Mar 19 with 3853 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:02 - Mar 19 by Pecker

And that is all it is, "conflicting points of view". And yet, some feel it is right to fire accusations on those people. I think it is fine for people to disagree on anything. I haven't accused anybody who has disagreed with me of anything, yet those who disagree with me have "accused" and "challenged" me.

You've accused the McCanns of covering up the death of their child.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:11 - Mar 19 with 3854 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:08 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

Re-read the thread. You're being deliberately literal and obtuse, which is unlike you.

Who said it? Who said that they didn't act normally? You seem to know, so why not just tell us?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024