Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... 08:56 - Mar 18 with 50381 viewsKieran_Knows

... conspiracy theory kind of thread, has anybody watched the Madeline McCann documentary on Netflix yet? Other than the game on Saturday, had nothing to do all weekend so got round to watching them all.

I must say, the level of incompetency from the Portuguese Police in those first few hours/days seems unreal to me.

It also amazes me, that someone, somewhere knows what went on that night and 12 years on, it doesn't seem any closer to a conclusion (whether she may be dead, or indeed alive somewhere).
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 8:56]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:00 - Mar 19 with 2802 viewsfooters

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:00 - Mar 19 by lowhouseblue

they chose someone who knows his way round the media. seems sensible. why do you see it as significant that it was that firm 'not just any old pr company?' does any implication follow from it being 'not just any old pr company'?

'not just any old pr company?'

They're the ones with the M&S account, clearly.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:03 - Mar 19 with 2785 viewslowhouseblue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:00 - Mar 19 by footers

i hadn't thought of the m&s angle. that's really not a road we want to head down.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:09 - Mar 19 with 2762 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:52 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm merely stating that you have accused the McCanns of covering up the death of their child. Which you have. It's there for everyone to see in this thread.

I have said that I think that they covered up the death of their child. Correct, I did say that because it is what I believe. There is a big difference from me typing something on a Football Forum and me "accusing them of it. I would have to walk into a police station and state this for me to be "accusing" them of anything. If you cannot see that, then that is your problem, not mine.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:09 - Mar 19 with 2761 viewscaught-in-limbo

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:00 - Mar 19 by lowhouseblue

they chose someone who knows his way round the media. seems sensible. why do you see it as significant that it was that firm 'not just any old pr company?' does any implication follow from it being 'not just any old pr company'?

LOL

Hiring a PR man who didn't know his way around the media would be like hiring an English teacher that didn't now her narrative tenses.

Concerning your questions: I'm not going to bite. I'd rather argue with a brick wall than a stuck record.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:13 - Mar 19 with 2743 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:09 - Mar 19 by Pecker

I have said that I think that they covered up the death of their child. Correct, I did say that because it is what I believe. There is a big difference from me typing something on a Football Forum and me "accusing them of it. I would have to walk into a police station and state this for me to be "accusing" them of anything. If you cannot see that, then that is your problem, not mine.

There is no substantive difference between you saying you think they covered up the death of their child and you accusing them of it. You don't need to go to a police station to do so. If you don't understand that then that is your problem, not mine.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:13 - Mar 19 with 2744 viewslowhouseblue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:09 - Mar 19 by caught-in-limbo

LOL

Hiring a PR man who didn't know his way around the media would be like hiring an English teacher that didn't now her narrative tenses.

Concerning your questions: I'm not going to bite. I'd rather argue with a brick wall than a stuck record.

so, you see significance in the firm chosen, but you won't say why? is that because the pr man has links to:

a) the bbc;
b) the civil service; or
c) the royal family?

or are you implying some other significance? go on, make it clear what you're hinting at.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:16 - Mar 19 with 2733 viewsfooters

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:03 - Mar 19 by lowhouseblue

i hadn't thought of the m&s angle. that's really not a road we want to head down.

That's why you need people like me to blow the lid off these things. Maybe we should team up now GB's gone? Solve crimes, record a jazz record, do some courses in crotchet- that sort of thing? We'd bounce off each other in an odd-couply sort of way.

Think about it.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:17 - Mar 19 with 2720 viewsSpruceMoose

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:16 - Mar 19 by footers

That's why you need people like me to blow the lid off these things. Maybe we should team up now GB's gone? Solve crimes, record a jazz record, do some courses in crotchet- that sort of thing? We'd bounce off each other in an odd-couply sort of way.

Think about it.

I don't think wkj will appreciate you cuckolding him so publicly.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:18 - Mar 19 with 2719 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:13 - Mar 19 by Herbivore

There is no substantive difference between you saying you think they covered up the death of their child and you accusing them of it. You don't need to go to a police station to do so. If you don't understand that then that is your problem, not mine.

I really do give up. You are obviously trying to score some kind of victory, so you can have it. I shall be more careful what I type in future as not to be "accused" of anything in the future. Must go, the police are at the door to arrest me.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:20 - Mar 19 with 2709 viewslowhouseblue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:16 - Mar 19 by footers

Think about it.

funnily enough, before gb and i agreed about the calamity that british politics has become, we routinely exchanged abuse throughout every previous issue from keane to miliband to the referendum. so you never know what's coming next.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:24]

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:20 - Mar 19 with 2706 viewsfooters

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:17 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

I don't think wkj will appreciate you cuckolding him so publicly.

Now, now - there's plenty of me to go round. I'm open-minded and have A LOT of spare time. If wkj can't support me in my pursuit of happiness then perhaps he was never the one to begin with.

#ifyoulovesomethingsetitfree

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:21 - Mar 19 with 2698 viewsRyorry

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:09 - Mar 19 by Pecker

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/libel

Not sure whether P & G should be nervous though ...

"libel in British 1. law
(ˈlaɪbəl) noun

a.
the publication of defamatory matter in permanent form, as by a written or printed statement, picture, etc
b.
the act of publishing such matter "
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:25]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:22 - Mar 19 with 2694 viewsfooters

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:20 - Mar 19 by lowhouseblue

funnily enough, before gb and i agreed about the calamity that british politics has become, we routinely exchanged abuse throughout every previous issue from keane to miliband to the referendum. so you never know what's coming next.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:24]

Huh. Weird world, man.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:25 - Mar 19 with 2671 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:21 - Mar 19 by Ryorry

"libel in British 1. law
(ˈlaɪbəl) noun

a.
the publication of defamatory matter in permanent form, as by a written or printed statement, picture, etc
b.

It's fine, he's not accusing them of anything he's simply saying he thinks they covered up the death of their child.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:26 - Mar 19 with 2671 viewscaught-in-limbo

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:18 - Mar 19 by Pecker

I really do give up. You are obviously trying to score some kind of victory, so you can have it. I shall be more careful what I type in future as not to be "accused" of anything in the future. Must go, the police are at the door to arrest me.

I'm not usually one for mixed metaphors but it looks like he's trying to dig his way out of a car crash.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:29 - Mar 19 with 2654 viewsHerbivore

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:26 - Mar 19 by caught-in-limbo

I'm not usually one for mixed metaphors but it looks like he's trying to dig his way out of a car crash.

Oh the irony.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:32 - Mar 19 with 2643 viewsRyorry

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:00 - Mar 19 by footers

Marks & Sparks, or I'm Missing Something?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 14:47 - Mar 19 with 2564 viewsPablosCousin

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:21 - Mar 19 by Ryorry

"libel in British 1. law
(ˈlaɪbəl) noun

a.
b.

Along with the thousands of other people people who post stuff daily on what they think happened and their opinion the parents were involved.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 19:56 - Mar 28 with 2251 viewsJ2BLUE

Watched all 8 hours of this. Obviously you can't make a judgement on a documentary like that but it did answer a lot of questions. I would say i'm 90% confident that they had nothing to do with it. Some very dark stuff in the documentary. The lady who saw her son's picture in the folder of kids who had been sexually abused...I can't stop thinking about how she must have felt to be so powerless and to know that went on. Some people are pure scum and I can't think of a punishment harsh enough for people who abduct kids to sell them to paedophile rings.

I feel for the McCanns. The Portuguese police seemed determined to pin it on them.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 20:50 - Mar 28 with 2213 viewsSuperblue95

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 19:56 - Mar 28 by J2BLUE

Watched all 8 hours of this. Obviously you can't make a judgement on a documentary like that but it did answer a lot of questions. I would say i'm 90% confident that they had nothing to do with it. Some very dark stuff in the documentary. The lady who saw her son's picture in the folder of kids who had been sexually abused...I can't stop thinking about how she must have felt to be so powerless and to know that went on. Some people are pure scum and I can't think of a punishment harsh enough for people who abduct kids to sell them to paedophile rings.

I feel for the McCanns. The Portuguese police seemed determined to pin it on them.

I’ve not watched all the episodes yet but from what I’ve seen the police just seemed desperate to pin it on anybody to make the case go away. The man who was helping out at the start, the computer guy and then the McCanns themselves. Documentary certainly doesn’t shed them in a particularly good light.

The bit you mention about the woman seeing her son among the abused children photos was awful

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

on 08:46 - Mar 29 with 2142 views_

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024