Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... 08:56 - Mar 18 with 50307 viewsKieran_Knows

... conspiracy theory kind of thread, has anybody watched the Madeline McCann documentary on Netflix yet? Other than the game on Saturday, had nothing to do all weekend so got round to watching them all.

I must say, the level of incompetency from the Portuguese Police in those first few hours/days seems unreal to me.

It also amazes me, that someone, somewhere knows what went on that night and 12 years on, it doesn't seem any closer to a conclusion (whether she may be dead, or indeed alive somewhere).
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 8:56]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:42 - Mar 18 with 4315 viewshampstead_blue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:23 - Mar 18 by uefacup81

I also reckon, had they not been white middle-class doctors, a lot more uncomfortable questions would have been asked as to why their children were left in an unlocked hotel room whilst they went out on the pi55.

So yes, they got off bloody lightly when you consider darker-skinned/poorer parents would have had a very uncomfortable grilling from the good folks at Social Services.

I agree with the first half of the post. Not sure about the second part though.

They did get media savvy from the start.
I find it disturbing as to how easily they swerved the spotlight from their own incompetence and people gave them money!

There is a massive hole for a conspiracy to be slotted into. Was there talk of them giving the kids something to sedate them?

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:43 - Mar 18 with 4313 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:00 - Mar 18 by uefacup81

You know who knows precisely what went on that night? The parents.

They got off far too lightly, and seem far too quick to get litigious whenever anyone dares to question their story or actions.

Exactly this.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:55 - Mar 18 with 4279 viewsPecker

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:42 - Mar 18 by hampstead_blue

I find it disturbing as to how easily they swerved the spotlight from their own incompetence and people gave them money!

There is a massive hole for a conspiracy to be slotted into. Was there talk of them giving the kids something to sedate them?

They admitted to sedating their children and not just on the night in question. Absolute madness that this just seems to get glossed over. If it were you or I (which it obviously never would be) we would be in prison.
on 11:00 - Mar 18 with 4266 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:42 - Mar 18 by hampstead_blue

on 11:03 - Mar 18 with 4260 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:27 - Mar 18 by Basuco

The Madeline fund was used to hire some very expensive PR guru's, a woman was paid £51K for 89 days work and another was paid £500K. They hired Margaret Thatchers ex PR team and Tony Blairs ex PR team as well as others, all high profile and very expensive, I presume that the Netflix documentary is the work of a PR team as well. It appears that they appointed a PR team within a few days of Madeline's disappearance. Why would they spend so much money on a very expensive PR team from public donations to help find Maddie.

on 11:05 - Mar 18 with 4254 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:55 - Mar 18 by Pecker

They admitted to sedating their children and not just on the night in question. Absolute madness that this just seems to get glossed over. If it were you or I (which it obviously never would be) we would be in prison.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:09 - Mar 18 with 4240 viewsitfcjoe

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:55 - Mar 18 by Pecker

When did they admit to this?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1566664/Proof-McCanns-did-not-sedate-Mad

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:09 - Mar 18 with 4237 viewsJ2BLUE

on 11:03 - Mar 18 by _

Not sure getting a PR team is that odd really. They would want maximum publicity to help find her.

There are plenty of questions which need answering but i'm unwilling to point the finger at them. One of the biggest for me, is when the restaurant did takeaway food why didn't they do that and sit outside with it? Leaving your young kids is just stupid.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:10 - Mar 18 with 4231 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

on 11:00 - Mar 18 by _

Why do you think they may have done that?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:14 - Mar 18 with 4218 viewsitfcjoe

on 11:00 - Mar 18 by _

People react to things differently - some people panic and make decisions that don't make sense, other people can go cold and make clear decisions straight away as their coping mechanism.

I just don't see why that is suspicious, with the exposure it brought to the case it's difficult to say it was the wrong thing to do.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:15 - Mar 18 with 4214 viewsSwansea_Blue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:09 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

When did they admit to this?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1566664/Proof-McCanns-did-not-sedate-Mad

This is what they're up against. The downside of wanting to raise the profile means that any old nutter can start a rumour.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

on 11:20 - Mar 18 with 4181 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:14 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

People react to things differently - some people panic and make decisions that don't make sense, other people can go cold and make clear decisions straight away as their coping mechanism.

I just don't see why that is suspicious, with the exposure it brought to the case it's difficult to say it was the wrong thing to do.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:23 - Mar 18 with 4165 viewsunbelievablue

The documentary did nothing to convince me it was anything other than surprisingly negligent parenting which facilitated a tragic abduction, most likely for child trafficking.

Noticed Kelvin Mackenzie interviewed, which wound me up.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:24 - Mar 18 with 4163 viewsBlue_Order

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:09 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Not sure getting a PR team is that odd really. They would want maximum publicity to help find her.

There are plenty of questions which need answering but i'm unwilling to point the finger at them. One of the biggest for me, is when the restaurant did takeaway food why didn't they do that and sit outside with it? Leaving your young kids is just stupid.

And then Kate still left the twins alone after ‘discovering’ Madeleine missing to run back to the tapas bar to raise the alarm.

You believe your daughter has been kidnapped in the last 20 minutes, yet you’d leave your other two children still in the same room, with the ‘window wide open’ and the door unlocked.

Righto.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:25 - Mar 18 with 4156 viewsboysof1981

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:20 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

I've watched the first 3 episode, so far personally don't feel like I know much more than i did beforehand.

It's well made, and interesting and it still to me always feels like a dereliction of duty by the parents but they have been massively punished for their mistakes.

When people pick holes in the stories, I always think what would happen if someone scrutinised every decision you have made, some will be wrong/inconsistent.

Police have failed with how slowly they were to act on things, but as a parent of 2 toddlers I just cannot fathom leaving the kids in the room that far away. When I satyed in a cottage in Yorkshire, our eldest was only a few months old but we had him in our room rather than the spare because the spare was right next to the front door with an external door into it and it just didn't seem right.

Exactly, who on earth would leave their own child/children alone for a minute, let alone disappear out for a meal and drink? I hope they both wake every morning and it’s the first thing they think about, but something tells me it isn’t the case, as they’ve come across as a heartless couple from the first instance when their poor daughter died/disappeared/was abducted.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:25 - Mar 18 with 4147 viewsNewcyBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:12 - Mar 18 by textbackup

if shes alive I hope shes being treated well.
if she passed away I hope she didn't suffer.
horrible situation all round, cant imagine what that must be like to be part of, if parents are innocent etc.
really hope that one day she turns up and they all have answers

Couldn’t agree more.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:26 - Mar 18 with 4145 viewsitfcjoe

on 11:20 - Mar 18 by _

The police seemed to be at 6s and 7s right from the off though, if they were guilty surely it was better to leave a blundering police force in charge than raise the profile beyond all belief?

I just feel there is an obvious counterpoint to things that seem suspicious

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:26 - Mar 18 with 4148 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:25 - Mar 18 by boysof1981

Exactly, who on earth would leave their own child/children alone for a minute, let alone disappear out for a meal and drink? I hope they both wake every morning and it’s the first thing they think about, but something tells me it isn’t the case, as they’ve come across as a heartless couple from the first instance when their poor daughter died/disappeared/was abducted.

Just can't agree with that last statement whatsoever, from everything I've watched, read and listened to.

on 11:27 - Mar 18 with 4135 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:24 - Mar 18 by Blue_Order

And then Kate still left the twins alone after ‘discovering’ Madeleine missing to run back to the tapas bar to raise the alarm.

You believe your daughter has been kidnapped in the last 20 minutes, yet you’d leave your other two children still in the same room, with the ‘window wide open’ and the door unlocked.

Righto.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:29 - Mar 18 with 4124 viewsJ2BLUE

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:24 - Mar 18 by Blue_Order

Righto.

Did she believe she had been kidnapped? Or did she discover her missing and think she had wandered off to find them? If it was the latter, then her reaction made sense.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:31 - Mar 18 with 4120 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:29 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Did she believe she had been kidnapped? Or did she discover her missing and think she had wandered off to find them? If it was the latter, then her reaction made sense.

She discovered her missing so in that moment chose to leg it the 100 yards to the tapas restaurant to raise the alarm. It's so disingenious to consider this 'evidence' of anything untoward.

on 11:31 - Mar 18 with 4119 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:26 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

The police seemed to be at 6s and 7s right from the off though, if they were guilty surely it was better to leave a blundering police force in charge than raise the profile beyond all belief?

I just feel there is an obvious counterpoint to things that seem suspicious

on 11:32 - Mar 18 with 4115 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:29 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:34 - Mar 18 with 4105 viewsitfcjoe

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:31 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

She discovered her missing so in that moment chose to leg it the 100 yards to the tapas restaurant to raise the alarm. It's so disingenious to consider this 'evidence' of anything untoward.

It's like a picture of them smiling the next week, because you can clearly tell every emotion in someones head from a snapshot taken.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:35 - Mar 18 with 4096 viewsitfcjoe

on 11:31 - Mar 18 by _

I don't necessarily blame the police for it, it's similar to when we had a serial killer on the loose here - Suffolk police were lost and needed the help.

If it was the Met or NYPD there then things would have been done differently, and better. That is just the reality, but it was a backwater police force through no fault of their own.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024