Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... 08:56 - Mar 18 with 50386 viewsKieran_Knows

... conspiracy theory kind of thread, has anybody watched the Madeline McCann documentary on Netflix yet? Other than the game on Saturday, had nothing to do all weekend so got round to watching them all.

I must say, the level of incompetency from the Portuguese Police in those first few hours/days seems unreal to me.

It also amazes me, that someone, somewhere knows what went on that night and 12 years on, it doesn't seem any closer to a conclusion (whether she may be dead, or indeed alive somewhere).
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 8:56]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:35 - Mar 18 with 3559 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:34 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

It's like a picture of them smiling the next week, because you can clearly tell every emotion in someones head from a snapshot taken.

Indeed.

And anyway, people react to tragic events very differently. Just because you believe you might, for example, be a weeping mess, other people are just as likely to be stoically pro-active or violently angry, or withdraw into themselves completely.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:36 - Mar 18 with 3558 viewsNewcyBlue

on 11:32 - Mar 18 by _

Fearing the worst as a parent is understandable.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:37 - Mar 18 with 3553 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:35 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

I don't necessarily blame the police for it, it's similar to when we had a serial killer on the loose here - Suffolk police were lost and needed the help.

If it was the Met or NYPD there then things would have been done differently, and better. That is just the reality, but it was a backwater police force through no fault of their own.

Yep, there's a reason various police forces from across the UK were all over Suffolk during the serial sex-worker murders.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:40 - Mar 18 with 3546 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:36 - Mar 18 by NewcyBlue

Fearing the worst as a parent is understandable.

Alright Newcy? Been a while.

Agreed. I imagine I would very quickly come to the conclusion that she had been kidnapped. She's 3 years old, if she'd wandered off, what was the alternative to a kidnapping?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:40 - Mar 18 with 3551 viewsBrixtonBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:09 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Not sure getting a PR team is that odd really. They would want maximum publicity to help find her.

There are plenty of questions which need answering but i'm unwilling to point the finger at them. One of the biggest for me, is when the restaurant did takeaway food why didn't they do that and sit outside with it? Leaving your young kids is just stupid.

I was unwilling to point the finger at them, and as someone else said in the thread the fact that they've kept this in the public eye for so long seems odd if they had anything to do with it, but this video that analyses what they said after the incident is really damning.

(For the time-constrained, start at 31:30).

I really think they had something to do with it.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:43 - Mar 18 with 3534 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:40 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

I was unwilling to point the finger at them, and as someone else said in the thread the fact that they've kept this in the public eye for so long seems odd if they had anything to do with it, but this video that analyses what they said after the incident is really damning.

This kind of thing is never that convincing (to me, anyway).

I reckon you could find an expert willing to 'analyse' any statement and come to any conclusion you wanted.

on 11:44 - Mar 18 with 3527 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:43 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

I reckon you could find an expert willing to 'analyse' any statement and come to any conclusion you wanted.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:47 - Mar 18 with 3514 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:24 - Mar 18 by Blue_Order

And then Kate still left the twins alone after ‘discovering’ Madeleine missing to run back to the tapas bar to raise the alarm.

You believe your daughter has been kidnapped in the last 20 minutes, yet you’d leave your other two children still in the same room, with the ‘window wide open’ and the door unlocked.

Righto.

Heaven forbid, but if my child ever went missing I have no idea how I’d react, but there’s a pretty good chance it wouldn’t be logical

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:47 - Mar 18 with 3513 viewsitfcjoe

I've given that 5 minutes, but can't really stomach more than what this guy is saying.

I just think that he doesn't understand the British deprecating sense of humour as is a Yank, that comment about them being negative about her being loud is just weird. It's a perfectly normal thing to say scrutinised to the millionth degree.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:51 - Mar 18 with 3493 viewsBrixtonBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:43 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

You've posted this 3 minutes after I posted the video, so you clearly haven't watched it.

Not sure why you want to stick up for the McCanns so readily. I prefer to keep an open mind and actually look at the evidence. It's not "smiling faces" as Joe says earlier (that's straw-manning). But if you watch this video from when I said, and keep watching, there is so much that builds up it becomes irrefutable IMO.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:52 - Mar 18 with 3484 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

on 11:44 - Mar 18 by _

Indeed, such as when people watch a few YouTube videos and suddenly become more expert on a case than the police officers that have invested thousands upon thousands of hours into investigating it, and come to the conclusion that the McCann’s had nothing to do with it...
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 11:54]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:52 - Mar 18 with 3484 viewshampstead_blue

on 11:03 - Mar 18 by _

Exactly.

Create a large space please......conspiracy theory coming through

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:52 - Mar 18 with 3482 viewsBlue_Order

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:29 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Did she believe she had been kidnapped? Or did she discover her missing and think she had wandered off to find them? If it was the latter, then her reaction made sense.

She was running about the place screaming “They’ve taken her!”
on 11:53 - Mar 18 with 3479 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:47 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

I've given that 5 minutes, but can't really stomach more than what this guy is saying.

I just think that he doesn't understand the British deprecating sense of humour as is a Yank, that comment about them being negative about her being loud is just weird. It's a perfectly normal thing to say scrutinised to the millionth degree.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:55 - Mar 18 with 3463 viewsOxford_Blue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 09:00 - Mar 18 by uefacup81

You know who knows precisely what went on that night? The parents.

They got off far too lightly, and seem far too quick to get litigious whenever anyone dares to question their story or actions.

I think you should be careful about alleging that the parents were involved. How do you know they are aware of all the facts?

They are litigious because they don’t want to permit such appalling allegations being made.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:56 - Mar 18 with 3451 viewsBrixtonBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:47 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

You need to watch a lot more than 5 minutes. Bits like you've seen in isolation don't convince... but when you see enough of it it really does build up as damning evidence. The odd slip or strange phrasing is fine - but they do this time and again.

And this isn't just some guy, he's a language analysis expert putting his reputation on the line.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:58 - Mar 18 with 3448 viewsJ2BLUE

Started watching at 31:30. I've watched his first three points and it seems like a complete hit piece. He's being incredibly pedantic and unreasonable. They spoke about her in the past tense. That would be hugely relevant if it was in the first days after she disappeared. Shortly afterwards the voiceover says it has been 1543 days (4.22) years since she went missing so I assume the McCanns were interviewed at some point 4+ years on from that day. Does this get any better? This guy strikes me as some sort of self appointed investigator twisting words and being obsessive about minor details in order to prove his own opinion.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:58 - Mar 18 with 3444 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:51 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

You've posted this 3 minutes after I posted the video, so you clearly haven't watched it.

Not sure why you want to stick up for the McCanns so readily. I prefer to keep an open mind and actually look at the evidence. It's not "smiling faces" as Joe says earlier (that's straw-manning). But if you watch this video from when I said, and keep watching, there is so much that builds up it becomes irrefutable IMO.

They were negligent, that's all I'm really willing to pin on them.

I hope you're never on a jury, if this is what you think passes for 'irrefutable evidence'. Gripes.

Can I say they had nothing to do with it? No, I don't know what happened. But I'm not about to condemn them without any evidence.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 12:03]

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:59 - Mar 18 with 3442 viewsitfcjoe

on 11:53 - Mar 18 by _

I haven't the time nor inclination to watch that whole video having started where Dolly said at 31 mins, but it just seems like a little bit of dog whistling and throwing enough mud that it builds a case which wouldn't stand up in court.

My personal view is that the parents were not checking the kids anywhere near enough, they'd been doing this all week and had easily fallen into a pattern and a predatory paedo/child trafficker has been able to notice this and then just waltz in the unlocked door and grab her and get away. And by the time the investigation got going properly they could have basically been in France.

Everything else seems far too far fetched with too many leaps in logic required. There are too many people involved for it to be covered up successfully in my view - because all 9 would need to be in on it to effectively cover it up.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 12:02 - Mar 18 with 3437 views_

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:52 - Mar 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Indeed, such as when people watch a few YouTube videos and suddenly become more expert on a case than the police officers that have invested thousands upon thousands of hours into investigating it, and come to the conclusion that the McCann’s had nothing to do with it...
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 11:54]

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:04 - Mar 18 with 3427 viewsBasuco

on 10:02 - Mar 18 by _

Bet they did not cover the family who used to be friends with and had been on holiday with the McCanns, who were so shocked by a conversation Gerry McCann had with another friend about Madeline in a sexual way, they kept themselves and their daughter well clear of the Mccann family. They made a statement to the police about the conversation and their concerns after the disappearance as well.
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:07 - Mar 18 with 3416 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:56 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

You need to watch a lot more than 5 minutes. Bits like you've seen in isolation don't convince... but when you see enough of it it really does build up as damning evidence. The odd slip or strange phrasing is fine - but they do this time and again.

And this isn't just some guy, he's a language analysis expert putting his reputation on the line.

Just to reiterate, this is not 'damning evidence'. I really despair.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:07 - Mar 18 with 3426 viewsSWGF

There's one particular quote in Kate McCann's book which is bizarre in the extreme, if it's true. Doesn't take long to find it; won't be quoting it here. Just atrocious.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:08 - Mar 18 with 3411 viewsSWGF

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:23 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

The documentary did nothing to convince me it was anything other than surprisingly negligent parenting which facilitated a tragic abduction, most likely for child trafficking.

Noticed Kelvin Mackenzie interviewed, which wound me up.

Only seen the first episode which turned into a potted history of the Algarve, and noticed his ugly mug appeared...

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

on 12:10 - Mar 18 with 3400 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:04 - Mar 18 by Basuco

Bet they did not cover the family who used to be friends with and had been on holiday with the McCanns, who were so shocked by a conversation Gerry McCann had with another friend about Madeline in a sexual way, they kept themselves and their daughter well clear of the Mccann family. They made a statement to the police about the conversation and their concerns after the disappearance as well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024