Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... 08:56 - Mar 18 with 50324 viewsKieran_Knows

... conspiracy theory kind of thread, has anybody watched the Madeline McCann documentary on Netflix yet? Other than the game on Saturday, had nothing to do all weekend so got round to watching them all.

I must say, the level of incompetency from the Portuguese Police in those first few hours/days seems unreal to me.

It also amazes me, that someone, somewhere knows what went on that night and 12 years on, it doesn't seem any closer to a conclusion (whether she may be dead, or indeed alive somewhere).
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 8:56]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:11 - Mar 18 with 3070 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:07 - Mar 18 by SWGF

There's one particular quote in Kate McCann's book which is bizarre in the extreme, if it's true. Doesn't take long to find it; won't be quoting it here. Just atrocious.

Yeah, it's really weird that. I can't square it.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:11 - Mar 18 with 3070 viewsBrixtonBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:52 - Mar 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Indeed, such as when people watch a few YouTube videos and suddenly become more expert on a case than the police officers that have invested thousands upon thousands of hours into investigating it, and come to the conclusion that the McCann’s had nothing to do with it...
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 11:54]

Another who hasn't actually watched the video...

The police can't convict on this stuff. We can make our own minds up though (if we choose to watch it).

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 12:11 - Mar 18 with 3069 views_

There's one particular quote in Kate McCann's book which is bizarre in the extreme, if it's true. Doesn't take long to find it; won't be quoting it here. Just atrocious.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:12 - Mar 18 with 3062 viewsunbelievablue

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:11 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

The police can't convict on this stuff. We can make our own minds up though (if we choose to watch it).

If that video has convinced you of their guilt I have absolutely no faith in your ability to reason.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:14 - Mar 18 with 3050 viewsitfcjoe

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:11 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

Yeah, it's really weird that. I can't square it.

That must have had to go through a publicist and editor too, which is even stranger.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:16 - Mar 18 with 3048 viewsKieran_Knows

Is this the one which relates to a question she asked Gerry? To which she gave a rather strange answer back too?

on 12:16 - Mar 18 with 3033 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:17 - Mar 18 with 3034 viewsJ2BLUE

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:16 - Mar 18 by Kieran_Knows

Is this the one which relates to a question she asked Gerry? To which she gave a rather strange answer back too?

I googled Kate McCann book quotes. On images there is one sentence highlighted repeatedly. Assume it's that.

Really, really odd thing to say. That has put more doubt in my mind than anything Dolly's 'expert' has come out with, especially as this expert seems to twist everything a certain way and ignore anything which contradicts this stance.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:19 - Mar 18 with 3018 viewsKieran_Knows

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:17 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

I googled Kate McCann book quotes. On images there is one sentence highlighted repeatedly. Assume it's that.

Really, really odd thing to say. That has put more doubt in my mind than anything Dolly's 'expert' has come out with, especially as this expert seems to twist everything a certain way and ignore anything which contradicts this stance.

Yes, just done the exact same thing! Could only see that one that looked an odd thing to say.

on 12:20 - Mar 18 with 3012 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:19 - Mar 18 by Kieran_Knows

Yes, just done the exact same thing! Could only see that one that looked an odd thing to say.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:23 - Mar 18 with 2995 viewsJ2BLUE

on 12:20 - Mar 18 by _

I know such a thought doesn't prove anything but if they did it why write a book? You would have to be so careful not to have the slightest slip up in that book. You would need to proofread it a hundred times to make sure nothing could give you away.

Truly impaired.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:24 - Mar 18 with 2972 viewsBrixtonBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 11:58 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Started watching at 31:30. I've watched his first three points and it seems like a complete hit piece. He's being incredibly pedantic and unreasonable. They spoke about her in the past tense. That would be hugely relevant if it was in the first days after she disappeared. Shortly afterwards the voiceover says it has been 1543 days (4.22) years since she went missing so I assume the McCanns were interviewed at some point 4+ years on from that day. Does this get any better? This guy strikes me as some sort of self appointed investigator twisting words and being obsessive about minor details in order to prove his own opinion.

As said above, you need to watch more. It starts off as small things that you could easily dismiss, but he gets into more and more damning stuff so that by the end a whole picture becomes clear. The small bits are all part of the puzzle - on their own they don't mean much.

He's an expert putting his credentials on the line, and was asked by the docu maker for his professional opinion. I don't really see what he has to gain by making it up, other than a weird ego trip (which could potentially damage his career).

You need to watch more and have an open mind. You (and others in this thread) seem to have already decided the McCanns are innocent and will refute any expert analysis such as this to confirm your own bias.

To be fair, I thought like this as well, but I was off work at the time so kept watching! I changed my opinion.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:27 - Mar 18 with 2955 viewsBrixtonBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:58 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

They were negligent, that's all I'm really willing to pin on them.

I hope you're never on a jury, if this is what you think passes for 'irrefutable evidence'. Gripes.

Can I say they had nothing to do with it? No, I don't know what happened. But I'm not about to condemn them without any evidence.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 12:03]

Given you haven't even watched the video before making your mind up, I sincerely hope it's you who is never on a jury.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:29 - Mar 18 with 2949 viewsBrixtonBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:07 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

Just to reiterate, this is not 'damning evidence'. I really despair.

How would you know, you haven't even looked at it?

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:30 - Mar 18 with 2948 viewsunbelievablue

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:27 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

Given you haven't even watched the video before making your mind up, I sincerely hope it's you who is never on a jury.

How is this video, this opinion, this analysis, irrefutable evidence?

Despite your opinion, I don't need to watch it. Even if this person's opinion was wholly convincing, and it all fit together, and it all made sense, it remains an opinion, and not evidence whatsoever.

If you can't understand that, you're either wilfilly disingenious or a moron.

on 12:30 - Mar 18 with 2946 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:23 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

I know such a thought doesn't prove anything but if they did it why write a book? You would have to be so careful not to have the slightest slip up in that book. You would need to proofread it a hundred times to make sure nothing could give you away.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:30 - Mar 18 with 2944 viewsJ2BLUE

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:24 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

As said above, you need to watch more. It starts off as small things that you could easily dismiss, but he gets into more and more damning stuff so that by the end a whole picture becomes clear. The small bits are all part of the puzzle - on their own they don't mean much.

He's an expert putting his credentials on the line, and was asked by the docu maker for his professional opinion. I don't really see what he has to gain by making it up, other than a weird ego trip (which could potentially damage his career).

You need to watch more and have an open mind. You (and others in this thread) seem to have already decided the McCanns are innocent and will refute any expert analysis such as this to confirm your own bias.

To be fair, I thought like this as well, but I was off work at the time so kept watching! I changed my opinion.

I'm still watching it. I haven't decided anything about the McCanns. I think there's more to the story than we know but I don't like people calling them guilty based on opinion or flimsy evidence. At the moment I feel like he could ask me to make a statement about literally any major crime and he would be able to make it sound like I did it.

One example of my criticisms is that he said she wouldn't have said why didn't you come when we were crying because kids are selfish and she would have said when I was crying. I find that odd. Especially in the context of the start of the video where the McCanns said she was really happy when the twins came along and loved them. Just seemed to be an example of his preformed opinion.

I will watch until the end.

Truly impaired.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:30 - Mar 18 with 2944 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:29 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

How would you know, you haven't even looked at it?

Because unlike you, I understand what evidence is.

See my latest reply.

on 12:32 - Mar 18 with 2931 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:30 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

Because unlike you, I understand what evidence is.

See my latest reply.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:33 - Mar 18 with 2928 viewsBrixtonBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:12 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

If that video has convinced you of their guilt I have absolutely no faith in your ability to reason.

Again, you haven't watched it, so my reasoning is clearly infinitely better than yours seeing as I've actually looked at the evidence before forming an opinion.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:33 - Mar 18 with 2926 viewsunbelievablue

on 12:32 - Mar 18 by _

Maybe. Just stop calling it evidence and irrefutable, when it's neither.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:34 - Mar 18 with 2920 viewsunbelievablue

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:33 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

Again, you haven't watched it, so my reasoning is clearly infinitely better than yours seeing as I've actually looked at the evidence before forming an opinion.

STOP CALLING IT EVIDENCE.

It's no more evidence of their guilt than your posts in this thread, ffs.

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:34 - Mar 18 with 2914 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Genuinely hilarious that you think a case which has remained unsolved by trained detectives for a number of years, can be solved by watching a YouTube video
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 12:35]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

on 12:35 - Mar 18 with 2909 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:33 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

Maybe. Just stop calling it evidence and irrefutable, when it's neither.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:39 - Mar 18 with 2894 viewsunbelievablue

on 12:35 - Mar 18 by _

I'm not even saying that these alternative views or theories are wrong, or ridiculous, or that there aren't weird elements to the disappearance. If I have, it's unfair, and I apologise.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024