Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without wanting this to turn in to a ... 08:56 - Mar 18 with 50370 viewsKieran_Knows

... conspiracy theory kind of thread, has anybody watched the Madeline McCann documentary on Netflix yet? Other than the game on Saturday, had nothing to do all weekend so got round to watching them all.

I must say, the level of incompetency from the Portuguese Police in those first few hours/days seems unreal to me.

It also amazes me, that someone, somewhere knows what went on that night and 12 years on, it doesn't seem any closer to a conclusion (whether she may be dead, or indeed alive somewhere).
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 8:56]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:40 - Mar 18 with 2381 viewsunbelievablue

on 12:30 - Mar 18 by _

On your second point, haven't there been plenty of headlines and mainstream media speculation that the McCann's were involved?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:41 - Mar 18 with 2375 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:23 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

I know such a thought doesn't prove anything but if they did it why write a book? You would have to be so careful not to have the slightest slip up in that book. You would need to proofread it a hundred times to make sure nothing could give you away.

Nah, the criminal mastermind McCann’s managed to make their child disappear and cover it up in front of the whole world, but then suddenly let slip in a printed book that would have been proofread several times over before being published

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:44 - Mar 18 with 2357 viewsitfcjoe

on 12:35 - Mar 18 by _

With all your reading and looking into this what would you say happened? I'm not asking that to catch you out but just genuinely interested as to where your research has lead you

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:45 - Mar 18 with 2347 viewsJ2BLUE

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:41 - Mar 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Nah, the criminal mastermind McCann’s managed to make their child disappear and cover it up in front of the whole world, but then suddenly let slip in a printed book that would have been proofread several times over before being published

Any subtle difference from a statement could reveal their guilt. Any shifting of timelines etc which wouldn't be obvious when it's being proofread.

Again, i'm not saying they are guilty or not guilty. I have access to a tiny part of the overall evidence and much of that is presented by people who are pushing the idea that the McCanns are guilty.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:46 - Mar 18 with 2340 viewsRyorry

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 10:39 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

I've just finished episode where dog has barked and that really does make you think what on earth has gone on.

I totally agree re the regular checks, none of the stories matched on that initially and that is clearly them trying to make themselves look less neglectful, but they were clearly way too lax and checking far too irregularly, if at all.

From what I've read, that dog only went in months after the McCanns had vacated the apartment.

Was the apartment kept empty (apart from investigators) and securely locked during those months immediately following Madeleine's disappearance?

Trial by social media, ugh

Meanwhile thousands of other children go missing on a regular basis and get little or no media exposure. Better to spend your time spreading the word about them, people.

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missingkids

https://www.missingpersons.police.uk/cy-gb/resources/links/children-and-young-ad

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

on 12:48 - Mar 18 with 2320 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:40 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

On your second point, haven't there been plenty of headlines and mainstream media speculation that the McCann's were involved?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:49 - Mar 18 with 2310 viewsunbelievablue

on 12:48 - Mar 18 by _

I obviously can't have this debate with you without spending a lot more time researching everything around the case.

Not today!

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:51 - Mar 18 with 2298 viewsRyorry

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:46 - Mar 18 by Ryorry

From what I've read, that dog only went in months after the McCanns had vacated the apartment.

Was the apartment kept empty (apart from investigators) and securely locked during those months immediately following Madeleine's disappearance?

Trial by social media, ugh

Meanwhile thousands of other children go missing on a regular basis and get little or no media exposure. Better to spend your time spreading the word about them, people.

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/missingkids

https://www.missingpersons.police.uk/cy-gb/resources/links/children-and-young-ad

Care to explain the downvote, Libero?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:54 - Mar 18 with 2284 viewsuefacup81

One of the bits that interests me (already referred to on this thread) is the fact that Kate McCann's immediate reaction was 'they've taken her'.

I don't know about anyone else's use of language, but I'd only use such a turn of phrase if I had a suspect in mind. If I left my house in the morning to find my car smashed up, I wouldn't be thinking of 'they' unless I had a good idea who had done it.

As I've said before, the McCann's definitely know more about the events of that evening than they let on. Likewise, their propensity to threaten legal action against anyone who even calls their version of events into question, sets alarm bells ringing.

Didn't they sue the local chief of police for daring to suggest they be designated 'arguido' (persons of interest) at the time?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:55 - Mar 18 with 2275 viewsitfcjoe

on 12:48 - Mar 18 by _

I almost wonder whether it has now gone full circle in that regard - people no longer see them as a polished operation and now look deeper into it

on 12:56 - Mar 18 with 2260 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:44 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

With all your reading and looking into this what would you say happened? I'm not asking that to catch you out but just genuinely interested as to where your research has lead you

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:57 - Mar 18 with 2265 viewsuefacup81

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:54 - Mar 18 by uefacup81

One of the bits that interests me (already referred to on this thread) is the fact that Kate McCann's immediate reaction was 'they've taken her'.

I don't know about anyone else's use of language, but I'd only use such a turn of phrase if I had a suspect in mind. If I left my house in the morning to find my car smashed up, I wouldn't be thinking of 'they' unless I had a good idea who had done it.

As I've said before, the McCann's definitely know more about the events of that evening than they let on. Likewise, their propensity to threaten legal action against anyone who even calls their version of events into question, sets alarm bells ringing.

Didn't they sue the local chief of police for daring to suggest they be designated 'arguido' (persons of interest) at the time?

Also, what about the well-documented 48 questions that Kate refused to answer?

https://www.heart.co.uk/news/kate-mccann-48-questions/

There's some pretty innocuous stuff in there as well:

"What is your medical speciality?"
"Have you ever worked shifts?"
"Did you search inside the wardrobe?"

on 12:59 - Mar 18 with 2245 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:55 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

I almost wonder whether it has now gone full circle in that regard - people no longer see them as a polished operation and now look deeper into it

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:00 - Mar 18 with 2249 viewsitfcjoe

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:57 - Mar 18 by uefacup81

Also, what about the well-documented 48 questions that Kate refused to answer?

https://www.heart.co.uk/news/kate-mccann-48-questions/

There's some pretty innocuous stuff in there as well:

"What is your medical speciality?"
"Have you ever worked shifts?"
"Did you search inside the wardrobe?"

But if she's no commenting an interview as advised by her solicitor it doesn't matter what questions are asked

on 13:01 - Mar 18 with 2235 views_

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:49 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

I obviously can't have this debate with you without spending a lot more time researching everything around the case.

Not today!

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:03 - Mar 18 with 2230 viewsuefacup81

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:00 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

But if she's no commenting an interview as advised by her solicitor it doesn't matter what questions are asked

If you're innocent, why no-comment an interview?

Your daughter has (allegedly) been kidnapped, and whatever information you can give will only help flesh out whatever information the authorities already have.

Surely the non-suspicious course of action is to say "we completely understand why we're persons of interest in this whole thing, we'll happily cooperate fully with you in order to help as best we can", as opposed to throwing your toys out of the pram.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:03 - Mar 18 with 2229 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:00 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

We also don't know how she didn't asnwer them, if you know what I mean (unless someone can correct me).

Could be "no comment", "I don't know", "That's not relevant, I'm not answering it" etc.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:07 - Mar 18 with 2204 viewsitfcjoe

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:03 - Mar 18 by uefacup81

If you're innocent, why no-comment an interview?

Your daughter has (allegedly) been kidnapped, and whatever information you can give will only help flesh out whatever information the authorities already have.

Surely the non-suspicious course of action is to say "we completely understand why we're persons of interest in this whole thing, we'll happily cooperate fully with you in order to help as best we can", as opposed to throwing your toys out of the pram.

Plenty of innocent people no comment interviews, they are generally advised to by their lawyers.

I'm not a lawyer so don't understand full reasons behind it, but it is something that if applied to any other cases wouldn't be that strange but is over scrutinised.

How would them asking about shift patterns and job at the hospital in anyway help them find Maddie at that time? The questions indicate she is being treated as a suspect so it's not unusual

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:08 - Mar 18 with 2194 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 12:16 - Mar 18 by _

I'm not basing my view on that video alone,I thought that would go without saying. I too have watched a lot of the stuff on it and that video just tipped me over the edge.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:09 - Mar 18 with 2191 viewsunbelievablue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:07 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

Plenty of innocent people no comment interviews, they are generally advised to by their lawyers.

I'm not a lawyer so don't understand full reasons behind it, but it is something that if applied to any other cases wouldn't be that strange but is over scrutinised.

How would them asking about shift patterns and job at the hospital in anyway help them find Maddie at that time? The questions indicate she is being treated as a suspect so it's not unusual

I'd assume it's because in such a highly charged environment so soon after the incident you are often not speaking 'normally'. It's not a situation you're used to, any slight discrepancy or phrasing or choice of words could be twisted or pounced upon later by a prosecution (or so called experts on Youtube or football forums).

Based on that, it makes sense to advise clients to 'no comment' questions they don't feel will be helfpul.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 13:11]

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:10 - Mar 18 with 2190 viewsBrixtonBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:17 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

I googled Kate McCann book quotes. On images there is one sentence highlighted repeatedly. Assume it's that.

Really, really odd thing to say. That has put more doubt in my mind than anything Dolly's 'expert' has come out with, especially as this expert seems to twist everything a certain way and ignore anything which contradicts this stance.

Why have you put "expert" in inverted commas? He's a language analysis expert. Nothing dodgy about it. I also suspect you haven't watched a decent chunk of the video.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:14 - Mar 18 with 2167 viewsBrixtonBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:30 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

How is this video, this opinion, this analysis, irrefutable evidence?

Despite your opinion, I don't need to watch it. Even if this person's opinion was wholly convincing, and it all fit together, and it all made sense, it remains an opinion, and not evidence whatsoever.

If you can't understand that, you're either wilfilly disingenious or a moron.

Discrediting something you've haven't watched and you call ME the moron. LOL.

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:16 - Mar 18 with 2158 viewsunbelievablue

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:14 - Mar 18 by BrixtonBlue

Discrediting something you've haven't watched and you call ME the moron. LOL.

I'm not even discrediting it. I'm saying, which I have all along, that it isn't 'irrefutable evidence'. Don't you get it?

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:17 - Mar 18 with 2156 viewsitfcjoe

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:09 - Mar 18 by unbelievablue

I'd assume it's because in such a highly charged environment so soon after the incident you are often not speaking 'normally'. It's not a situation you're used to, any slight discrepancy or phrasing or choice of words could be twisted or pounced upon later by a prosecution (or so called experts on Youtube or football forums).

Based on that, it makes sense to advise clients to 'no comment' questions they don't feel will be helfpul.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 13:11]

There also was, quite clearly, a need for the 'Tapas 9' to get their stories straight with regards to checking etc.

There is clearly an attempt to trip up in here, but like with a lot of things in this case - too much stock is put in situations, which are framed in certain ways which can be easily explained away.

It's a conspiracy theorists dream because there are lots and lots of little tidbits that can be put together.

As stated earlier, the PR and spin machine is in place for 2 main reasons - to raise profile and therefore funds, and to try and ensure the fact that they had left their children unattended and were too far away from appartment is buried down the list somewhat as to why it has happened.

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 13:17 - Mar 18 with 2151 viewsBrixtonBlue

Without wanting this to turn in to a ... on 12:30 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

I'm still watching it. I haven't decided anything about the McCanns. I think there's more to the story than we know but I don't like people calling them guilty based on opinion or flimsy evidence. At the moment I feel like he could ask me to make a statement about literally any major crime and he would be able to make it sound like I did it.

One example of my criticisms is that he said she wouldn't have said why didn't you come when we were crying because kids are selfish and she would have said when I was crying. I find that odd. Especially in the context of the start of the video where the McCanns said she was really happy when the twins came along and loved them. Just seemed to be an example of his preformed opinion.

I will watch until the end.

Cheers for at least watching, unlike Unbelievablue.

I'd like to reiterate I'm not basing my thoughts ENTIRELY on this video.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024