Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Confession 12:54 - Mar 18 with 1435 viewsitfc_bucks

I feel it has time for me to explain and confess my role here in our imminent failure and relegation to a level not seen in these parts for some 60 years.

Cast your minds back to the woeful pre-season we had this year, and specifically, the 24th July. We had, 24 hours earlier, signed Ellis Harrison and I was sat in the front row of the away stand at MK Dons, having taken my 5 year old to his first ever pro football match.

A chap from Look East asked to interview a few fans and I ended up saying yes.

"What do you make of the departure of Mick McCarthy?"

"Well, his time was up, the fans weren't happy and we wanted a change - any change would have been viewed positively."

"And the signing of a new striker?"

"He's got the speed and eye for goal - could be a great addition to the team."

"And finally, what do you make of the new Gaffer, Paul Hurst?"

"Look, you only need to take one look at this chaps' track record of success, everywhere he's been as a manager. Some people are just winners and Paul Hurst is clearly one of them - I've not doubt that we'll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season"

Basically, I feel that, in some cosmic way, this is all my fault...
Confession on 12:59 - Mar 18 with 1366 viewstextbackup

I too take the blame.... as England were taking the pens vs Columbia I looked to the sky (well pub ceiling) and said in my head
"i don't care if I never see anything good in football again, just win the shootout"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Confession on 14:35 - Mar 18 with 1180 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Confession on 12:59 - Mar 18 by textbackup

I too take the blame.... as England were taking the pens vs Columbia I looked to the sky (well pub ceiling) and said in my head
"i don't care if I never see anything good in football again, just win the shootout"

This is entirely on you.
Confession on 16:16 - Mar 18 with 1058 viewsbritbiker

I too wish to confess. Three times this season I have placed a bet on Leeds to win. They have lost all three. So I am in some way to blame if Norwich win the title.

I have also bet on Spurs three times and they have also lost all three. So thats them ruined for the top four.
Confession on 16:34 - Mar 18 with 1021 viewsSuperblue95

It’s my fault. I stuck 50 quid on us to stay up in December and I’ve atrocious luck with gambling

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024