Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ 15:51 - Mar 18 with 24943 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s baffling this stuff makes the national news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47612616

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:49 - Mar 18 with 1627 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:45 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Give him a break. This stuff is very new and very hard to get your head around for some people. Instead of criticisms/questions being answered sensibly people just try and shut down all debate. I think a lot more people find it hard to understand than people think but they are afraid to speak up because there's always someone waiting to attack them.

And yes, I realise he went in two footed, studs up which isn't ideal.

Oh J2. Where did I try to shut him down? You think I didn't answer Rommy sensibly? Behave yourself.

I don't see anyone attacking Rommy. I see Rommy on the offensive telling the hundreds of thousands of people who identify as transgender that, what? They're wrong? Making it up? Lying? Mistaken? What is the alternative to simply believing that they feel how they tell us they feel?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:49 - Mar 18 with 1622 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:45 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

Well look at it this way, what harm does it cause if somebody wants to identify as non-binary? It makes absolutely no difference to me.

Not like he's declared as a Norwich fan or something!

In a way I think it isolates those people further.

But as you say, it doesnt cause me any harm.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:50 - Mar 18 with 1619 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:48 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m not going to get into an argument over it.

You believe what you do and I believe what I do. There’s no right answer to this. We can agree to disagree like adults.

I still think it’s ridiculous that it makes national news though.

It's clickbait really.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:51 - Mar 18 with 1613 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:49 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

Oh J2. Where did I try to shut him down? You think I didn't answer Rommy sensibly? Behave yourself.

I don't see anyone attacking Rommy. I see Rommy on the offensive telling the hundreds of thousands of people who identify as transgender that, what? They're wrong? Making it up? Lying? Mistaken? What is the alternative to simply believing that they feel how they tell us they feel?

I think you did call him arrogant and silly.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:52 - Mar 18 with 1613 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:47 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s not even so much as the labels like ‘gender neautral’ and ‘gender fluid’ etc.

But why if someone wants to label themself as one of these things does it make the national news. Who the hell cares?

You do see the irony that it was you who read it on the BBC then went on to repost it here right?

Maybe it isn't relevant to you. Not everything will be. Just like some people don't care about your racing posts. Many people do and that is why rightly they are a feature of the board.

So while is may not be relevant news for you, maybe it is relevant to some 15 year old kid who has questions about their identity, to see someone famous talk about how they think and feel the same things.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:53 - Mar 18 with 1610 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:51 - Mar 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think you did call him arrogant and silly.

You don't think it's arrogant to tell a group of people that how they identify is nonsense, based on, well I'm not sure what exactly? I kind of do.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:55 - Mar 18 with 1601 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:53 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

You don't think it's arrogant to tell a group of people that how they identify is nonsense, based on, well I'm not sure what exactly? I kind of do.

Its all opinions really.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:55 - Mar 18 with 1604 viewsLankHenners

You believe what you do and I believe what I do. There’s no right answer to this. We can agree to disagree like adults.

There is a right - it’s not a case of there being two genders, and even if there was, why does it bother you so much?

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Login to get fewer ads

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:55 - Mar 18 with 1601 viewsNewcyBlue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:45 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Nope. There are literally two genders.

‘Non binary’ and ‘gender fluid’ are just utter nonsense.

After a shower later I am going to discharge some of my gender fluid...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:55 - Mar 18 with 1600 viewsSpruceMoose

You brought it up mate. I'm sorry if you were expecting a consensus on here about it. You opened it for debate so I thought that was what you wanted, debate.

I'll know in future.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:56 - Mar 18 with 1593 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:55 - Mar 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Its all opinions really.

It's no more an opinion than your sexuality is an opinion.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:57 - Mar 18 with 1590 viewsGeoffSentence

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:45 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Nope. There are literally two genders.

‘Non binary’ and ‘gender fluid’ are just utter nonsense.

Biologically you are almost, but not quite right. There are a small number of people who are biologically intersex.

That's not what this is though.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:57 - Mar 18 with 1590 viewsJ2BLUE

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:49 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

You never see it. You never see how the way you respond impacts your message. Of the people I dislike most on here, it's not that I disagree with them on the majority of things, it's the way they respond.

Anyway, when I was gone from this site I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in these threads which go on forever and go around in circles so i'm off out.

Good day to you sir

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:58 - Mar 18 with 1584 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:56 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

It's no more an opinion than your sexuality is an opinion.

Or race of course.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:58 - Mar 18 with 1581 viewsLankHenners

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:23 - Mar 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

They are a big issue on twitter, that doesn't mean its a reflection on society as a whole.

Your constant misunderstanding of how social media and society at large are linked is an underrated very funny part of this site.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:58 - Mar 18 with 1577 viewsPendejo

As long as it doesn't involve breaching anybody else's rights... it's no-one else's business

I'd heard or read of a society that recognized multiple genders and a quick Google brought this forward

https://newsmaven.io/indiancountrytoday/archive/two-spirits-one-heart-five-gende

https://www.the-numinous.com/2016/07/06/native-american-two-spirits/

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:58 - Mar 18 with 1575 viewsFreddies_Ears

To be fair on Sam Smith, I have wondered for ages if he has an appalling male voice or an appalling female voice. Seems that I am not alone in my confusion.
‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:59 - Mar 18 with 1571 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:57 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

You never see it. You never see how the way you respond impacts your message. Of the people I dislike most on here, it's not that I disagree with them on the majority of things, it's the way they respond.

Anyway, when I was gone from this site I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in these threads which go on forever and go around in circles so i'm off out.

Good day to you sir

Respectfully, you're too concerned with the messenger rather than the message.

Good day to you too Guvnor.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:59 - Mar 18 with 1569 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:57 - Mar 18 by GeoffSentence

Biologically you are almost, but not quite right. There are a small number of people who are biologically intersex.

That's not what this is though.

Oh I know that. But as you say, that’s something completely different.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 17:00 - Mar 18 with 1567 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:58 - Mar 18 by LankHenners

Your constant misunderstanding of how social media and society at large are linked is an underrated very funny part of this site.

They are not linked. ;-)

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 17:01 - Mar 18 with 1563 viewsJ2BLUE

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:55 - Mar 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Its all opinions really.

I'm coming out as a woman on December 20th this year. I figure I have more chance of beating Ryorry and Bluebell than I do the endless male posters on here.

I plan on changing back once the results are in.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 17:02]

Truly impaired.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 17:03 - Mar 18 with 1551 viewsLankHenners

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:27 - Mar 18 by Marshalls_Mullet

Bit offensive of you to be so stereotypical.

Shame on you. Grouping people into a stereotype in order to attack them.

Poor form, very poor.

Are you alright? You always come across as incredibly insecure on matters that affect anyone who isn’t a heterosexual white male and I hope you’re not suffering from any trauma of some description.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 17:03 - Mar 18 with 1539 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 17:01 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

I'm coming out as a woman on December 20th this year. I figure I have more chance of beating Ryorry and Bluebell than I do the endless male posters on here.

Accidental downvote, soz.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 17:03 - Mar 18 with 1536 viewsJ2BLUE

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 17:01 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Oh come on Spruce take a joke. That wasn't a serious shot at anyone.

I'm bored waiting for my lift to arrive.

Truly impaired.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 17:04 - Mar 18 with 1537 viewsfooters

Will this affect how his pubs and brewery are run?

Hope not. Love a Taddy, me.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024