Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ 15:51 - Mar 18 with 24939 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s baffling this stuff makes the national news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47612616

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:14 - Mar 18 with 1279 viewswkj

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:12 - Mar 18 by footers

How can the bloke on the left look so miserable that he's toughing the worlds biggest flump

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:15 - Mar 18 with 1277 viewsfooters

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:11 - Mar 18 by wkj

Too long, but that is just my opinion.

Say that to me in real life and not on the internet and see what happens.

*Sends PM*

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:16 - Mar 18 with 1267 viewsMullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:07 - Mar 18 by footers

Listen, TWTD is strictly verboten for me during working hours now. Only when I'm on a fag break will you get my wit and wisdom. The rest of the day can be taken up with your inane musings. Deal?

When are you going to start smoking?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:18 - Mar 18 with 1262 viewswkj

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:15 - Mar 18 by footers

Say that to me in real life and not on the internet and see what happens.

*Sends PM*

I apologise publicly, after catching up on posts today I was of the idea that was a valid way of expressing a contradicting point, I may have misread that.

Crybaby

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:18 - Mar 18 with 1259 viewsfooters

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:16 - Mar 18 by Mullet

When are you going to start smoking?

Ouch!

Coming from a fish with a bad haircut, I take that very personally indeed. Hmmph.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:19 - Mar 18 with 1253 viewsMullet

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:18 - Mar 18 by footers

Ouch!

Coming from a fish with a bad haircut, I take that very personally indeed. Hmmph.

Surely I'm one or the other?

Oh, I see.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:19 - Mar 18 with 1253 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:13 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

Feelings>Opinions>Facts

Amended

Common Sense>Feelings>Opinions>Facts

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:20 - Mar 18 with 1253 viewsfooters

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:18 - Mar 18 by wkj

I apologise publicly, after catching up on posts today I was of the idea that was a valid way of expressing a contradicting point, I may have misread that.

You've had a touch with that apology there, mate. Disagree with me on here again and I swear I'll do time.

Login to get fewer ads

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:20 - Mar 18 with 1247 viewswkj

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:20 - Mar 18 by footers

You've had a touch with that apology there, mate. Disagree with me on here again and I swear I'll do time.

Hopefully you'll not go down for as long as this fag break has lasted, for your sanity.

Crybaby

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:36 - Mar 18 with 1207 viewsLord_Lucan

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:32 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Sorry Footers but as a poster on here I respect enormously, I think you deserve a proper reply here.

1) Where have I said I don’t understand it? The only part of this I don’t understand is the BBC choosing to stick it on their main worldwide news coverage. They’re making it into a big thing by publishing a story on him saying he is only a man sometimes but feels like a woman on other days.

2) Additionally, Sam Smith can do what he likes, identify as whatever he wants and say and do whatever he chooses. That doesn’t bother me at all. I’d like to think people on here would know that. However, I do happen to disagree with the whole concept of being ‘gender fluid’, ‘gender neutral’ or ‘non binary’. Why are these labels being made? What is the actual aim of these extra names being given to describe a man or a woman. It’s not the same as someone who is transgender. That’s a separate thing entirely and I think it’s unfair on transgender people to be labelled in the same group as those who identify as something they aren’t. I don’t think these labels for non binary people etc are good for society though. Sam Smith in that article said he sometimes wakes up and doesn’t feel like a man so wouldn’t want to be referred to as ‘he’. How can that be good for society if it would be offensive to refer to a person as their gender? He is a he. But only sometimes he says. So when does the world know when they can refer to him as such? It’s going to cause issues if this becomes the norm as is the growing trend in the last couple of years.

Also, it doesn’t make me angry at all. Why on here people think that disagreeing with the common view on a topic makes that person ‘angry’ is a strange one.

Hopefully, you appreciate the reply here and see my two issues with the subject and at least understand my reasons for disagreeing with the whole idea of being ‘gender fluid’ etc

Rommy, you have expressed an opinion on TWTD that some people don't like.

This is not acceptable and (especially as you are a youngster) you will be chased around and picked on.

Why don't you just be told.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:43 - Mar 18 with 1185 viewsfooters

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:36 - Mar 18 by Lord_Lucan

This is not acceptable and (especially as you are a youngster) you will be chased around and picked on.

Sorry, Lucan- but think my polite post quite rightly points out the things that Rommy is materially wrong about? That's not an opinion, they're facts.

People are of course entitled to an opinion (though why anyone would give a toss about what someone's gender/sexuality preference is boggles my mind) but they are not entitled to their own facts.

You should at least know the basics of what you're discussing before getting all emo about it.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:45 - Mar 18 with 1176 viewsLord_Lucan

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:43 - Mar 18 by footers

Sorry, Lucan- but think my polite post quite rightly points out the things that Rommy is materially wrong about? That's not an opinion, they're facts.

People are of course entitled to an opinion (though why anyone would give a toss about what someone's gender/sexuality preference is boggles my mind) but they are not entitled to their own facts.

You should at least know the basics of what you're discussing before getting all emo about it.

I wasn't really replying to that one post.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:46 - Mar 18 with 1171 viewsm14_blue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:36 - Mar 18 by Lord_Lucan

Literally the whole point of a forum is to discuss stuff.

If no one disagreed with each other and just went round saying ‘you’re entitled to your opinion’ instead then this site wouldn’t last long.
‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:46 - Mar 18 with 1164 viewsfooters

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:45 - Mar 18 by Lord_Lucan

I wasn't really replying to that one post.

You were replying to multiple posts. Like these.

Hairy muff.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:48 - Mar 18 with 1154 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:46 - Mar 18 by m14_blue

If no one disagreed with each other and just went round saying ‘you’re entitled to your opinion’ instead then this site wouldn’t last long.

I think it is a fair expectation that if you start a thread on something then you would like to discuss it.

If you just want people to agree with you, then talk to yourself.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:49 - Mar 18 with 1145 viewsLord_Lucan

He's being bullied.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:51 - Mar 18 with 1136 viewswkj

Although I could be accused of bias, this relates well to the 'Focus on the message not the messenger' post Spruce made earlier. I think it is quite clear to see when people are debating the person rather than the point, though for the most part I thought this post and the other dramatic post was mostly a debate over the message.

Crybaby

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:54 - Mar 18 with 1118 viewsLankHenners

Or life. Letting people stay ignorant about things is a root cause of lots of problems.

People these days (on this board and in general) are obsessed with ‘both sides’, ‘everyone’s entitled to an opinion’ and ‘having a reasoned debate’ which is very stupid.

As for the thread itself, the OP asked a question(s) about something, didn’t like the answers, threw a tantrum then got called out for having a sh1tty attitude. Not sure why that needs to be defended.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:55 - Mar 18 with 1109 viewsm14_blue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:49 - Mar 18 by Lord_Lucan

He's being bullied.

I’m not sure that’s fair.

He’s certainly outnumbered but maybe that’s just because he holds a view that most people on here disagree with (I haven’t posted myself as tbh I find the whole subject pretty confusing)

People are entitled to say what they like but others are equally entitled to disagree with them.
‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:55 - Mar 18 with 1106 viewswkj

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:54 - Mar 18 by LankHenners

Or life. Letting people stay ignorant about things is a root cause of lots of problems.

People these days (on this board and in general) are obsessed with ‘both sides’, ‘everyone’s entitled to an opinion’ and ‘having a reasoned debate’ which is very stupid.

As for the thread itself, the OP asked a question(s) about something, didn’t like the answers, threw a tantrum then got called out for having a sh1tty attitude. Not sure why that needs to be defended.

I have felt this way for a long way, you either agree with us or you're one of them is a damaging culture to be a part of, but it is how elections and arguments seem to be fought (and won) now.

Crybaby

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:00 - Mar 18 with 1086 viewsNewcyBlue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:48 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

I think it is a fair expectation that if you start a thread on something then you would like to discuss it.

If you just want people to agree with you, then talk to yourself.

You do seem to “challenge” Rommy’s posts a fair bit more than others.

At the end of the day, Rommy’s opinion isn’t his opinion. There will be many people who agree, just as many who disagree.

I don’t particularly agree with his opinion about there being just the two genders. He’s taking it physically literal.

It’s not news though. Although it did give me the opportunity for a joke calling my spunk gender fluid.

There are far more abhorrent opinions on this forum, like Brexit means Brexit.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:01 - Mar 18 with 1075 viewswkj

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:00 - Mar 18 by NewcyBlue

At the end of the day, Rommy’s opinion isn’t his opinion. There will be many people who agree, just as many who disagree.

I don’t particularly agree with his opinion about there being just the two genders. He’s taking it physically literal.

It’s not news though. Although it did give me the opportunity for a joke calling my spunk gender fluid.

Or the date when Article 51 leads to an happy ending (that is Hoppy and I meet for a drink)
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 20:02]

Crybaby

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:03 - Mar 18 with 1067 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:54 - Mar 18 by LankHenners

Didn’t like the answer?

Read through this thread. It wasn’t me getting all aggressive here. That was herbie, spruce and yourself. I simply disagreed with you.

Look at the contrast between the interactions from you three and myself and then Footers and myself. The difference in tone speaks for itself.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:04 - Mar 18 with 1061 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:00 - Mar 18 by NewcyBlue

I've just told him I think he's wrong and tried to explain why. I've not threatened to throw him under a bus or anything.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 20:05]

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:05 - Mar 18 with 1049 viewswkj

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:04 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

I've just told him I think he's wrong and tried to explain why. I've not threatened to throw him under a bus or anything.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 20:05]

Clearly, had you have made a threat like that, even in jest, I would have thought Phil would have banned you for it.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024