Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ 15:51 - Mar 18 with 24840 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s baffling this stuff makes the national news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47612616

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:07 - Mar 18 with 2211 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:05 - Mar 18 by wkj

Clearly, had you have made a threat like that, even in jest, I would have thought Phil would have banned you for it.

Well I don't believe my opinions deserve protected status.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:08 - Mar 18 with 2205 viewsjas0999

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:09 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

Just attention seeking, he's a bloke

This.
‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:10 - Mar 18 with 2198 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:08 - Mar 18 by jas0999

This.

So we can label you whatever we like, possibly ignoring what you yourself want to be called?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:14 - Mar 18 with 2181 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:49 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

Oh J2. Where did I try to shut him down? You think I didn't answer Rommy sensibly? Behave yourself.

I don't see anyone attacking Rommy. I see Rommy on the offensive telling the hundreds of thousands of people who identify as transgender that, what? They're wrong? Making it up? Lying? Mistaken? What is the alternative to simply believing that they feel how they tell us they feel?

I woke up feeling somewhat feline this morning, this evening I am more sloth.....species fluid, it's the next step.
Don't these gender identities rely on gender stereotyping to some extent(feeling male/female whatever that is supposed to mean).....when did being human become so complicated?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

this thread is ruining my thread view, straight to the hidden graveyard it goes on 20:15 - Mar 18 with 2175 viewsDyland

One thing though, you lot are ALL binary. Half of you are bellends, the other half divs.

x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I'm both. on 20:17 - Mar 18 with 2157 viewsfooters

this thread is ruining my thread view, straight to the hidden graveyard it goes on 20:15 - Mar 18 by Dyland

One thing though, you lot are ALL binary. Half of you are bellends, the other half divs.

x

QED.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

this thread is ruining my thread view, straight to the hidden graveyard it goes on 20:19 - Mar 18 with 2145 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

this thread is ruining my thread view, straight to the hidden graveyard it goes on 20:15 - Mar 18 by Dyland

x

I demand my right to be a biv or for that matter a dellend.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:20 - Mar 18 with 2142 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Yes Rommy you are right......it is baffling.

Login to get fewer ads

this thread is ruining my thread view, straight to the hidden graveyard it goes on 20:20 - Mar 18 with 2142 viewsJ2BLUE

this thread is ruining my thread view, straight to the hidden graveyard it goes on 20:19 - Mar 18 by BanksterDebtSlave

I demand my right to be a biv or for that matter a dellend.

Attention seeker.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:21 - Mar 18 with 2135 viewsLankHenners

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:03 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Didn’t like the answer?

Read through this thread. It wasn’t me getting all aggressive here. That was herbie, spruce and yourself. I simply disagreed with you.

Look at the contrast between the interactions from you three and myself and then Footers and myself. The difference in tone speaks for itself.

So saying ‘who the f*** are you’ to Herbivore twice wasn’t aggressive?

Trying to say this without being accused of bullying but, again, you’re not really understanding (genuinely or deliberately) anything that anyone’s saying to you and blaming everyone else for your behaviour. And, as has been explained to you throughout the thread, being wrong about something isn’t ‘a difference of opinion’ to be disagreed with whether you like it or not and it’s up to you to find out why.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:29 - Mar 18 with 2104 viewsNewcyBlue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:04 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

I've just told him I think he's wrong and tried to explain why. I've not threatened to throw him under a bus or anything.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 20:05]

You don’t think you challenge his posts more often than others? As you do with the likes of grimboy, et al (whose posts deserved it a lot more in my opinion).

You don’t think it could be perceived that your use of language in replies to him come across as condescending?

Just an observation I have made whilst not posting so much.

I certainly think there’s an element of ganging up at times, and think certain posters are more prone to being the focus of it.

I reduced my time on TWTD vastly, mainly because it has become the boring cesspit of Corbyn, Brexit, Mick McCarthy, and it’s all gone round in circles.

There are a number of posters who have given up or are no longer with us, and it’s a much worse place.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:30 - Mar 18 with 2100 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:21 - Mar 18 by LankHenners

So saying ‘who the f*** are you’ to Herbivore twice wasn’t aggressive?

Trying to say this without being accused of bullying but, again, you’re not really understanding (genuinely or deliberately) anything that anyone’s saying to you and blaming everyone else for your behaviour. And, as has been explained to you throughout the thread, being wrong about something isn’t ‘a difference of opinion’ to be disagreed with whether you like it or not and it’s up to you to find out why.

I don't think I was aggressive to Rommy.

Rommy please link me to where I was 'aggressive' towards you.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:31 - Mar 18 with 2096 viewsJ2BLUE

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:29 - Mar 18 by NewcyBlue

You don’t think you challenge his posts more often than others? As you do with the likes of grimboy, et al (whose posts deserved it a lot more in my opinion).

You don’t think it could be perceived that your use of language in replies to him come across as condescending?

I certainly think there’s an element of ganging up at times, and think certain posters are more prone to being the focus of it.

I reduced my time on TWTD vastly, mainly because it has become the boring cesspit of Corbyn, Brexit, Mick McCarthy, and it’s all gone round in circles.

There are a number of posters who have given up or are no longer with us, and it’s a much worse place.

This is the problem. I like you Spruce, even if you don't think so but you do reply to people as if they are idiots.

Truly impaired.

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:38 - Mar 18 with 2073 viewsSpruceMoose

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:31 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

This is the problem. I like you Spruce, even if you don't think so but you do reply to people as if they are idiots.

I will provide a full answer when I get home.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 20:45]

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:39 - Mar 18 with 2050 viewsHerbivore

Often they are idiots though.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:47 - Mar 18 with 2038 viewsfooters

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:29 - Mar 18 by NewcyBlue

"There are a number of posters who... are no longer with us, and it’s a much worse place."

Tbh it was much better while you weren't here, Pugwash. All your fault!

Think Rommy is now of an age and position (ie being at uni) where he has to be accountable for his thoughts and words, much like anyone else would be. At what point do we start saying a young prospect has to prove it on the pitch?

He's a bright lad and hopefully being less prone to over-emotional/reactionary posting on sensitive subjects will be a lesson. These are people's lives we're talking about. When you're young you think you know everything- all black and white, with no shades of grey- this is a lesson learnt in time and from experience.

Being so provocative on such a subject is likely to raise the hackles of some more informed correspondents. We are so quick to reach for the mobile/keyboard when we see something we disagree with, but a little pause and research first would always be welcome.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:50 - Mar 18 with 2032 viewsJ2BLUE

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:38 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

I will provide a full answer when I get home.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 20:45]

You survived the purge stage one

I don't want to ignore you.

Truly impaired.

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:52 - Mar 18 with 2024 viewsRyorry

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:02 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

I'll answer your question. 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years.

Not so actually Spruce, see Martina Navratilova's comments (her being picked up for saying "cheating" is a bit of a red herring).

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/02/17/martina-navratilova-transgender-athletes-i

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/02/26/martina-navratilova-trans-comments-used-un
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 21:30]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 20:54 - Mar 18 with 2015 viewsBluesquid

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 18:32 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Sorry Footers but as a poster on here I respect enormously, I think you deserve a proper reply here.

1) Where have I said I don’t understand it? The only part of this I don’t understand is the BBC choosing to stick it on their main worldwide news coverage. They’re making it into a big thing by publishing a story on him saying he is only a man sometimes but feels like a woman on other days.

2) Additionally, Sam Smith can do what he likes, identify as whatever he wants and say and do whatever he chooses. That doesn’t bother me at all. I’d like to think people on here would know that. However, I do happen to disagree with the whole concept of being ‘gender fluid’, ‘gender neutral’ or ‘non binary’. Why are these labels being made? What is the actual aim of these extra names being given to describe a man or a woman. It’s not the same as someone who is transgender. That’s a separate thing entirely and I think it’s unfair on transgender people to be labelled in the same group as those who identify as something they aren’t. I don’t think these labels for non binary people etc are good for society though. Sam Smith in that article said he sometimes wakes up and doesn’t feel like a man so wouldn’t want to be referred to as ‘he’. How can that be good for society if it would be offensive to refer to a person as their gender? He is a he. But only sometimes he says. So when does the world know when they can refer to him as such? It’s going to cause issues if this becomes the norm as is the growing trend in the last couple of years.

Also, it doesn’t make me angry at all. Why on here people think that disagreeing with the common view on a topic makes that person ‘angry’ is a strange one.

Hopefully, you appreciate the reply here and see my two issues with the subject and at least understand my reasons for disagreeing with the whole idea of being ‘gender fluid’ etc

Some good questions raised there i think.

"Why are these labels being made? What is the actual aim of these extra names being given to describe a man or a woman."

Those that rule over us with the help of their media lackeys are looking at the end game here which is the curtailing of freedom of speech.

They know only too well that many people will take a dislike to it and comment on it and thus in time with the help of the media these comments will be labelled as hate speech and result in the acquiring of fines and a criminal record.

With society being so accustomed to these new limitations on their freedom of speech and moulded to just accept it otherwise they are labelled as aggressive outcasts, a climate of fear is created and it makes it a lot easier then for our rulers to then continue with their agenda of the continued division of society and the curtailment of freedom of speech.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 20:59]
‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 21:04 - Mar 18 with 1987 viewsRyorry

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:49 - Mar 18 by Lord_Lucan

He's being bullied.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 21:39 - Mar 18 with 1927 viewsSpruceMoose

Which posts do you think were condescending? It might help if you provided some examples for me to defend at least, rather than have me try to fend off unspecified accusations of wrongdoing.

I doubt it was my post where i made the point that dismissing this as attention seeking is hugely damaging considering the shamefully high suicide rates among people who do not identify in the same way as the majority of people. I mean, that seems like a pretty valid point for me to raise, no?

That point went ignored by Rommy btw. 'Load of old shi!te' I think, were his words. Bit dismissive, don't you think?

I also doubt it was my next point were I literally talk about how important it is to keep this discussion civil.

How about my next post, where I simply say that Rommy dismissing this as 'a load of old sh!te' sounds a bit silly and arrogant. You might think have me there, but answer me honestly, isn't it a bit silly and arrogant to dismiss another person's choices and requests because, well, we don't really no why Rommy thinks it all a 'load of old sh!te' at this point. Because you just don't want to? I don't think I'm too out of line here.

Next point is me asking Rommy to be a bit more openminded about it. Was that what you're objecting to? This is the point where you first entered the discussion to have a pop at me, so presumably you have an issue with something in the above comments?

Oh by the way, Rommy's response to me suggesting he should keep an open mind was that these things are 'utter nonsense'. What are your thoughts on that?

My next post to Rommy was a complaint that he thought it ok to compare people struggling or questioning their identity to somebody identifying as a chimp. Did my objection to that offend you?

Then Herbie called Rommy a scrote. Did you think that was me? As far as I can tell that was the only over the top insult in the whole thread.

Moving on, next I tried to explain to Rommy how I have had to realign my own expectations of what 'normal' is as I have gone through my life. Moving to a new country can seriously throw your expectations into a tailspin. I stand by my point that college is likewise a time where all you think you know is put to the test, and that I hope Rommy encounters people who live their lives in ways different to him in order to have some assumptions questioned.

Saying Benters had hacked Rommy's account was a low blow. That I admit.

Next up I answered three of Rommy's questions without insulting him. I answered them genuinely and without contempt.

At this point Footers and wkj diffused/derailed things.

So, which of this was supposed to be bullying? Or condescending? Or insulting? Or ganging up? I'd love to know because the way I see it, you're constantly holding me up to some posting standard that you hold nobody else to, often appearing to me to just see what you want to see. Like I said, I'm getting bored of it now and it feels like you're trying to gaslight me. It also puts you under the same obligation to meet the same high posting standard that you set for me. Can you confidently say you've alway met that standard? I'd be surprised.

I'm sorry for the long post, going through each thing I've said, but I wanted to actually genuinely consider what you had said, in case you were actually right. But I can't see how you are.

vvvvvvvGOD THIS THREAD IS DEPRESSINGvvvvvvvvv on 21:56 - Mar 18 with 1907 viewsunstableblue

It’s 20 feckin 19

Men have been identifying as woman, and vice verse, and as both genders since the dawn of civilisation.

Some cultures accepted and embraced it whereas repressed societies made it taboo and wrapped it up in bollox religion - UK being one of the worst places for many centuries. Tens of 1000s of men/women living unhappy lives

I can see there are some conservative repressed dinosaurs still active on this board.

It’s very simple some people get born and they are just naturally not heterosexual - so feckin what?

Totally agree there that is a slight danger of insecure people making wrong choices due to glamorising what is a life choice. But that would be as a result of sh!t parenting / education / influence.

[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 22:20]

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 21:57 - Mar 18 with 1896 viewsBiGDonnie

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 16:49 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

Oh J2. Where did I try to shut him down? You think I didn't answer Rommy sensibly? Behave yourself.

I don't see anyone attacking Rommy. I see Rommy on the offensive telling the hundreds of thousands of people who identify as transgender that, what? They're wrong? Making it up? Lying? Mistaken? What is the alternative to simply believing that they feel how they tell us they feel?

Yeah, but would you rather get a blowie from a chick with a dick, or a man with a vag?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 21:58 - Mar 18 with 1888 viewslowhouseblue

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 21:39 - Mar 18 by SpruceMoose

Which posts do you think were condescending? It might help if you provided some examples for me to defend at least, rather than have me try to fend off unspecified accusations of wrongdoing.

I doubt it was my post where i made the point that dismissing this as attention seeking is hugely damaging considering the shamefully high suicide rates among people who do not identify in the same way as the majority of people. I mean, that seems like a pretty valid point for me to raise, no?

That point went ignored by Rommy btw. 'Load of old shi!te' I think, were his words. Bit dismissive, don't you think?

I also doubt it was my next point were I literally talk about how important it is to keep this discussion civil.

How about my next post, where I simply say that Rommy dismissing this as 'a load of old sh!te' sounds a bit silly and arrogant. You might think have me there, but answer me honestly, isn't it a bit silly and arrogant to dismiss another person's choices and requests because, well, we don't really no why Rommy thinks it all a 'load of old sh!te' at this point. Because you just don't want to? I don't think I'm too out of line here.

Next point is me asking Rommy to be a bit more openminded about it. Was that what you're objecting to? This is the point where you first entered the discussion to have a pop at me, so presumably you have an issue with something in the above comments?

Oh by the way, Rommy's response to me suggesting he should keep an open mind was that these things are 'utter nonsense'. What are your thoughts on that?

My next post to Rommy was a complaint that he thought it ok to compare people struggling or questioning their identity to somebody identifying as a chimp. Did my objection to that offend you?

Then Herbie called Rommy a scrote. Did you think that was me? As far as I can tell that was the only over the top insult in the whole thread.

Moving on, next I tried to explain to Rommy how I have had to realign my own expectations of what 'normal' is as I have gone through my life. Moving to a new country can seriously throw your expectations into a tailspin. I stand by my point that college is likewise a time where all you think you know is put to the test, and that I hope Rommy encounters people who live their lives in ways different to him in order to have some assumptions questioned.

Saying Benters had hacked Rommy's account was a low blow. That I admit.

Next up I answered three of Rommy's questions without insulting him. I answered them genuinely and without contempt.

At this point Footers and wkj diffused/derailed things.

So, which of this was supposed to be bullying? Or condescending? Or insulting? Or ganging up? I'd love to know because the way I see it, you're constantly holding me up to some posting standard that you hold nobody else to, often appearing to me to just see what you want to see. Like I said, I'm getting bored of it now and it feels like you're trying to gaslight me. It also puts you under the same obligation to meet the same high posting standard that you set for me. Can you confidently say you've alway met that standard? I'd be surprised.

I'm sorry for the long post, going through each thing I've said, but I wanted to actually genuinely consider what you had said, in case you were actually right. But I can't see how you are.

your earlier stuff with the prices in dollars was funnier.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 21:59 - Mar 18 with 1886 viewsSeablu

‘Sam Smith comes out as non-binary’ on 19:49 - Mar 18 by Lord_Lucan

He's being bullied.

He was being bullied by benters and his taximan mate a couple of years back, just because of a few betting threads he started on or contributed to.
Didn't hear you piping up then.
He's a big grown up lad now with views he's confident enough to express, so he can expect to be rightly challenged on them.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2019 22:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024