Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
140 litres per day 10:10 - Mar 19 with 1133 viewsNthQldITFC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-47620228

Those figures for the average bod are amazing:

Bathroom: 56L - perhaps a shower and how many bloody hand washes!?
Bog: 31L - understandable, unfortunately (piss outside when you can!)
'Cold water': 31L - drinking, cooking, what else?
Washing machine: 13L - apparently a load uses 30-70L so a personal load every 2 to 5 days makes sense I suppose.

UK population to grow by another 8 million by 2050: well, hopefully not.

It's not my fault, because I cry about 140 litres a day when I think about what ALL of us are STILL doing to the world, whilst we squabble about relative trivialities.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

140 litres per day on 15:23 - Mar 19 with 1010 viewsJ2BLUE

There's one poster on here whose family pay a flat rate for water and water their lawns because they've 'paid for it, so might as well use it'.

I won't name him but when I come to power, he will be executed.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

140 litres per day on 15:33 - Mar 19 with 998 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I thought most of it goes through the sewage systems and gets cleaned up and reused.

Am I completely wrong?

Edit: I've thought about it, and I'm guessing this is more to do with population growth and therefore the limited amount of water in circulation not being enough to go round in future (I can't be bothered to read the article properly at the moment).
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 15:41]

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

140 litres per day on 16:22 - Mar 19 with 960 viewssotd78

140 litres per day on 15:23 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

There's one poster on here whose family pay a flat rate for water and water their lawns because they've 'paid for it, so might as well use it'.

I won't name him but when I come to power, he will be executed.

Some of us still pay on rateable value and probably pay loads more for that method than by meter. Some of us watch football and see gallons of water sprayed onto a pitch so some fools can run about and chase a bag of wind. If someone pays for the water then they can surely use it?
If that means growing grass then where's the problem? When we run out of water then it'll be a cost/use rationing - but at the moment this country at least is not short of processing or storage....
Personally I'd stop eating almonds or any derivative product sourced from California - there would be a good place to start fussing about indiscriminate use of water.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

140 litres per day on 16:25 - Mar 19 with 949 viewsJ2BLUE

140 litres per day on 16:22 - Mar 19 by sotd78

Some of us still pay on rateable value and probably pay loads more for that method than by meter. Some of us watch football and see gallons of water sprayed onto a pitch so some fools can run about and chase a bag of wind. If someone pays for the water then they can surely use it?
If that means growing grass then where's the problem? When we run out of water then it'll be a cost/use rationing - but at the moment this country at least is not short of processing or storage....
Personally I'd stop eating almonds or any derivative product sourced from California - there would be a good place to start fussing about indiscriminate use of water.

sotd78...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

140 litres per day on 17:34 - Mar 19 with 900 viewsMuncher

Interestingly our water bill came through yesterday.

207 cubic meters per year, which is 567 litres per day, for two people and a toddler.
140 litres per day on 18:29 - Mar 19 with 851 viewsBent_double

140 litres per day on 17:34 - Mar 19 by Muncher

Interestingly our water bill came through yesterday.

207 cubic meters per year, which is 567 litres per day, for two people and a toddler.

That sounds a lot, you might want to get that checked!

I've looked at my last 3 quarterly bills, I've used 86 cubic metres, even assuming another 25-30 cubic metres for the last quarter, than would work out at 280 litres a day, and that's for a guesthouse with 3 of us permanently (inc one teenager), and over 2000 guests per year, 6 loos, 6 showers and a washing machine on several times a day normally.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024