Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mis-leading Hurst quote 10:53 - Mar 19 with 2221 viewsGarv

Is this quote not a bit mis-leading?

Hurst has previously denied having had any say in McGoldrick’s Town departure: “McGoldrick was never on any list that I had. He wasn’t even on a budget sheet, which made me laugh considering he’d been the highest paid player at the football club. It was as though you wouldn’t know that, so that one always brought a smile to my face.”

To me it suggests the wages saved from McGoldrick were never accounted for, not necessarily that Hurst wasn't given the option to keep him on or not.

Either way to be honest I don't blame him, or anyone really. He was overpaid for the amount of games he played, and overrated for me. Of course now he's gone he's fit every week.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 10:59 - Mar 19 with 2187 viewsbilllm

When he was on fire a joy to watch, but few to many times for his salary, I expect down votes, but he was going no matter what, so he got fit for someone else but not his employer at the time, he's a mercenary, sorry
Mis-leading Hurst quote on 11:39 - Mar 19 with 2119 viewsMeadowlark

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 10:59 - Mar 19 by billlm

When he was on fire a joy to watch, but few to many times for his salary, I expect down votes, but he was going no matter what, so he got fit for someone else but not his employer at the time, he's a mercenary, sorry

Sorry to see him go but "we were a mid table team and didn't need to win every week....?"
Yikes!
Mis-leading Hurst quote on 14:50 - Mar 19 with 1995 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 11:39 - Mar 19 by Meadowlark

Sorry to see him go but "we were a mid table team and didn't need to win every week....?"
Yikes!

An unbelievable thing to say. I'm not entirely sure i believe Didz on this one. Hurst has maintained strongly that he was never given any option over him, and Didz had hinted towards the end of the season he wanted to move closer to home.

Whole thing sitting next to MM, having a dig. Seems too coincidental.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 16:40 - Mar 19 with 1898 viewsWickets

I said it before this club had got too comftable in the last 2 years of Micks reign , everything was just too same old same old . Same pre season , playing the same way ,loan players to paper over the cracks, don't bother about the cup matches ,mid table, club standing still not building a team. No one wanted to get relegated but the wrong managerial appointment has brought that about. i'm hopeing season ticket sales will be ok and PL can now begin to move us forward .
Mis-leading Hurst quote on 17:46 - Mar 19 with 1806 viewsJ2BLUE

I don't believe Didz. It was widely accepted he was off in the summer. He never once came out during that time and said I would like to stay. He's rewriting history.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 17:51 - Mar 19 with 1788 viewssparks

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 17:46 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

I don't believe Didz. It was widely accepted he was off in the summer. He never once came out during that time and said I would like to stay. He's rewriting history.

I dont think any of the quotes suggest anyone lying as such do they? He wasnt on the budget sheet- because his contract was ending. if Hurst wanted to add him to the budget sheet, that would be something to discuss with the owner within the available budget. He didn't do so. So Didz didnt get an offer, and presumably never went to Hurst and said "Im keen to stay, and recognise the budget is tight- what could we do?"

Frankly- it sounds like Didz was way way too comfortable and we would not have benefitted much from him staying in any event. It was the correct decision on the information available at the time.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 17:52 - Mar 19 with 1778 viewsJ2BLUE

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 17:51 - Mar 19 by sparks

I dont think any of the quotes suggest anyone lying as such do they? He wasnt on the budget sheet- because his contract was ending. if Hurst wanted to add him to the budget sheet, that would be something to discuss with the owner within the available budget. He didn't do so. So Didz didnt get an offer, and presumably never went to Hurst and said "Im keen to stay, and recognise the budget is tight- what could we do?"

Frankly- it sounds like Didz was way way too comfortable and we would not have benefitted much from him staying in any event. It was the correct decision on the information available at the time.

Absolutely. He's landed on his feet and might well be a Premier League player next year. Good luck to him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 18:16 - Mar 19 with 1735 viewsPhilTWTD

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 17:46 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

If I remember rightly he didn't do any press during the second half of the season as he was injured. Agreed it was accepted he would probably leave and he didn't expect to stay - he took his stuff with him at the end of the season - but evidently there seems to have been some contact following that, presumably his agent asking what the lie of the land was here.

Didzy's a down to earth sort of bloke from what I know of him so wouldn't be like him to make something up. I actually spoke to someone from the Blades at the weekend who was saying just that about him, how he came along for his trial and just got his head down, worked for his contract and impressed everyone with his attitude.
Login to get fewer ads

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 18:44 - Mar 19 with 1684 viewsPlums

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 17:51 - Mar 19 by sparks

Not asking the question was possibly another example of Hurst’s relative inexperience when it comes to running a large football club.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 19:24 - Mar 19 with 1648 viewssparks

Mis-leading Hurst quote on 18:44 - Mar 19 by Plums

Not asking the question was possibly another example of Hurst’s relative inexperience when it comes to running a large football club.

Not really. Didz record in recent times was such that it was a reasonable decision on any analysis.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024