Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bolton in serious trouble 11:14 - Mar 19 with 2460 viewsTrueBlueLikeKevinBru

Bolton in serious trouble on 11:16 - Mar 19 with 2415 viewsITFC_Forever

Old news.

That happened before the weekend, unless it was back on and now off again. (edit; reading the comments from the Bolton fans on the story, it is last week's news being either late or re-published by Sky).

HMRC are behind the court case and they can't wait to put a club out of business - the bigger the name the better.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 11:30]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bolton in serious trouble on 11:20 - Mar 19 with 2374 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

It's not been that widely published so I think the SSN article is probably overselling the situation a little, otherwise it would be on more media outlets.

I expect they'll go into administration in the next couple of weeks... Or after the season is over with a view to get some emergency support from the EFL in order to sell up in the summer.

Either way it's not good, but I cannot see them going out of existence
Bolton in serious trouble on 11:26 - Mar 19 with 2333 viewsuefacup81

Bolton in serious trouble on 11:20 - Mar 19 by King_of_Portman_Rd

It's not been that widely published so I think the SSN article is probably overselling the situation a little, otherwise it would be on more media outlets.

I expect they'll go into administration in the next couple of weeks... Or after the season is over with a view to get some emergency support from the EFL in order to sell up in the summer.

From discussions I've seen on here/elsewhere, I'm not sure the EFL would allow them to go into administration.

As I understand it, they need to be in a position to pay off 100% of secured debt, and 25% of all other debt (not sure if I've used the right terms here?).

Apparently their debt to HMRC and banks etc., is to the tune of £20m - money which they don't have. If that's the case, then the EFL will not allow administration.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Bolton in serious trouble on 11:27 - Mar 19 with 2330 viewsITFC_Forever

Bolton in serious trouble on 11:20 - Mar 19 by King_of_Portman_Rd

You kind of get the impression that's what Bolton are banking on happening - football clubs simply not going out of business.

But there is nothing to stop a football club ceasing to exist - and nothing in place it seems to stop Bolton ceasing to exist.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bolton in serious trouble on 11:56 - Mar 19 with 2140 viewshomer_123

Bolton in serious trouble on 11:16 - Mar 19 by ITFC_Forever

Old news.

That happened before the weekend, unless it was back on and now off again. (edit; reading the comments from the Bolton fans on the story, it is last week's news being either late or re-published by Sky).

HMRC are behind the court case and they can't wait to put a club out of business - the bigger the name the better.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 11:30]

And rightly so.

One pays ones obligations.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bolton in serious trouble on 11:59 - Mar 19 with 2110 viewsatlanticblue

Bolton in serious trouble on 11:56 - Mar 19 by homer_123

And rightly so.

One pays ones obligations.

A fine old club I hope they get themselves sorted
Bolton in serious trouble on 12:17 - Mar 19 with 2014 viewsSteve_M

Bolton in serious trouble on 11:27 - Mar 19 by ITFC_Forever

You kind of get the impression that's what Bolton are banking on happening - football clubs simply not going out of business.

But there is nothing to stop a football club ceasing to exist - and nothing in place it seems to stop Bolton ceasing to exist.

It needs to happen to a club at some point, football needs to understand the notion of moral hazard.

If it were Bolton then that would be even better.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bolton in serious trouble on 12:27 - Mar 19 with 1966 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Happened to Rangers, so can surely happen to Bolton.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Login to get fewer ads

Bolton in serious trouble on 12:31 - Mar 19 with 1937 viewsRyorry

Jeez. I hate the barstewards for the PO semis in particular, but it's never good to see another league club facing the ultimate trapdoor :(

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bolton in serious trouble on 12:44 - Mar 19 with 1826 viewsEastTownBlue

It's a long time ago now that Aldershot and Maidstone went of out business while in the Football League.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024