Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? 12:03 - Mar 19 with 1833 viewspickles110564

Looks like we are in for a bumpy ride if Brexit is not delivered.
To help find it, it is a COMRES one.
Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:06 - Mar 19 with 1822 viewsStokieBlue

Want to post some actual details on the poll? Things like location, sample size, question would be helpful.

I ask as I just checked the tweets and I don't believe 7 out of 10 people want WTO Brexit.

I am happy to accept I may live in a bit of an echo chamber but it's not a great big Swiss valley.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:13 - Mar 19 with 1791 viewsWeWereZombies

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:06 - Mar 19 by StokieBlue

Want to post some actual details on the poll? Things like location, sample size, question would be helpful.

I ask as I just checked the tweets and I don't believe 7 out of 10 people want WTO Brexit.

I am happy to accept I may live in a bit of an echo chamber but it's not a great big Swiss valley.

SB

It is only just over two thousand sample size and, sorry I know you like the paper, the client is The Daily Telegraph. Ever since Peter Oborne's disclosures about advertisers calling the shots on what goes into their articles I can no longer trust that paper. Sad, because I grew up reading it and used to say you always knew where you stood with their editorial stance and so could at least filter out the opinion and get down to the facts. But that is no longer true.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:14 - Mar 19 with 1783 viewsSteve_M

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:06 - Mar 19 by StokieBlue

SB

I'll see if I can dig it out but there was something on Twitter earlier that they've taken a sample of Leave Voters and claimed it is all voters.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:15 - Mar 19 with 1779 viewsGuthrum

SB

Here's alink to the article, for those with a subscription: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/03/19/no-deal-better-brexit-delay-say-

Headline figures: 46% think leaving without a deal would “briefly cause some uncertainty but ultimately work out OK”, compared with 40% who support extending Article 50. 30% think leaving the EU without a deal on March 29 will be the best possible outcome, compared with 43% who disagree.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:16 - Mar 19 with 1778 viewspickles110564

SB

It just backs up what I said to Zed about polls previously, you target the people you want to get the result to back you up.
They are absolutely worthless unless you get people on the edge to believe they are true and jump on board.
This was carried out for the Leave means Leave party so would not expect it to say anything else.
Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:17 - Mar 19 with 1778 viewsZedRodgers

This one?

Looks okay to me.

Feel free to link to whatever it is that you actually mean.

EDIT: Thanks Guthrum for explaining what Pickles' new question for Zed was about. I don't have a Telegraph subscription, surprisingly.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 12:18]

No, not at the moment

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:18 - Mar 19 with 1768 viewsPinewoodblue

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:15 - Mar 19 by Guthrum

Here's alink to the article, for those with a subscription: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/03/19/no-deal-better-brexit-delay-say-

Headline figures: 46% think leaving without a deal would “briefly cause some uncertainty but ultimately work out OK”, compared with 40% who support extending Article 50. 30% think leaving the EU without a deal on March 29 will be the best possible outcome, compared with 43% who disagree.

And for those who don't
https://www.comresglobal.com/polls/the-telegraph-voting-intention-and-brexit-pol

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:19 - Mar 19 with 1757 viewspickles110564

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:17 - Mar 19 by ZedRodgers

This one?

Looks okay to me.

Feel free to link to whatever it is that you actually mean.

EDIT: Thanks Guthrum for explaining what Pickles' new question for Zed was about. I don't have a Telegraph subscription, surprisingly.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 12:18]

You took time to read my post above then?
Login to get fewer ads

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:31 - Mar 19 with 1726 viewsZedRodgers

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:16 - Mar 19 by pickles110564

It just backs up what I said to Zed about polls previously, you target the people you want to get the result to back you up.
They are absolutely worthless unless you get people on the edge to believe they are true and jump on board.
This was carried out for the Leave means Leave party so would not expect it to say anything else.

Pickles - Have a look through this thread on examples of emails one MP receives from leave voters in his constituency.

The day that you realise there are other opinions to yours will probably be very soothing for you. In fact, the day you realise that you have your own different opinion on May's deal, no deal etc. depending on which thread you're commenting on will be even more satisfying for you.

No, not at the moment

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:49 - Mar 19 with 1694 viewswkj

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:31 - Mar 19 by ZedRodgers

Pickles - Have a look through this thread on examples of emails one MP receives from leave voters in his constituency.

The day that you realise there are other opinions to yours will probably be very soothing for you. In fact, the day you realise that you have your own different opinion on May's deal, no deal etc. depending on which thread you're commenting on will be even more satisfying for you.

No matter what you do, Pickles isn't going to be happy until you give him what he really wants Zed.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:51 - Mar 19 with 1679 viewsSpruceMoose

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:49 - Mar 19 by wkj

No matter what you do, Pickles isn't going to be happy until you give him what he really wants Zed.

Just because Zed down't take his pants off for the silver screen, doesn't mean Pickles won;t expose himself.

As an aside, I image Zed to be 100% like Stephen Toast.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 13:02 - Mar 19 with 1659 viewsStokieBlue

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:13 - Mar 19 by WeWereZombies

It is only just over two thousand sample size and, sorry I know you like the paper, the client is The Daily Telegraph. Ever since Peter Oborne's disclosures about advertisers calling the shots on what goes into their articles I can no longer trust that paper. Sad, because I grew up reading it and used to say you always knew where you stood with their editorial stance and so could at least filter out the opinion and get down to the facts. But that is no longer true.

Thanks.

I don't bother with the Telegraph anymore, since they put up the paywall all the articles are truncated so it's pointless.

It's also gone downhill as you say.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 13:03 - Mar 19 with 1656 viewsDarth_Koont

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 12:15 - Mar 19 by Guthrum

"30% think leaving the EU without a deal on March 29 will be the best possible outcome."

We've got a real problem in this country. That's Trumpian levels of delusion.

Pronouns: He/Him

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 13:18 - Mar 19 with 1620 viewsCoastalblue

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 13:03 - Mar 19 by Darth_Koont

"30% think leaving the EU without a deal on March 29 will be the best possible outcome."

We've got a real problem in this country. That's Trumpian levels of delusion.

Yeah anybody who thinks that is a good thing, whether they voted leave or remain needs to have a good hard look at themselves and then book in for some testing.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 13:35 - Mar 19 with 1592 viewsZedRodgers

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 13:02 - Mar 19 by StokieBlue

Thanks.

I don't bother with the Telegraph anymore, since they put up the paywall all the articles are truncated so it's pointless.

It's also gone downhill as you say.

SB

I find the paywall of the Telegraph, Times etc. to be a nice metaphor for the voice of traditional mainstream media fading away.

Especially the shouty articles from the likes of Melanie Phillips blaming Muslims for stuff. Fading away into silence. Lovely.

No, not at the moment

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 13:42 - Mar 19 with 1568 viewsZedRodgers

Stick this poll up your Brexit, Pickles.

For the person who was asking why Labour are using the phrase "People's Vote" and not "second referendum" the other day... A poll from the same company and using the same sample:

For the record, I don't love opinion polls.

No, not at the moment

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 14:13 - Mar 19 with 1525 viewswkj

Zed, I know you love your opinion polls, have you seen the one in the Telegraph? on 13:42 - Mar 19 by ZedRodgers

Stick this poll up your Brexit, Pickles.

For the person who was asking why Labour are using the phrase "People's Vote" and not "second referendum" the other day... A poll from the same company and using the same sample:

For the record, I don't love opinion polls.

My opinion of opinion polls lead to Feburary mega drama. Its too soon to bring that all up again

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024