Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hey Pickles 13:07 - Mar 19 with 7348 viewsSpruceMoose

Have you thought about what you might do if Brexit doesn't happen? Would you be likely to get involved in local politics, try and keep leaving an issue? Would you be motivated enough to march and protest or, heaven forbid, riot?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what might actually happen with your average Leave voter, as I'm not entirely convinced it'll be anything more than plenty of grumbling in the comments section of Daily Mail and some tutting.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hey Pickles on 14:07 - Mar 19 with 1477 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 14:06 - Mar 19 by BloomBlue

A civil war would be good for the country, help give some of the young people an identity.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hey Pickles on 14:09 - Mar 19 with 1472 viewsjeera

Hey Pickles on 14:02 - Mar 19 by Darth_Koont

Indeed.

Better to rip off the Band-Aid over Brexit. After all, we can all blame the politicians for their incompetence, which is better than letting these feelings move unchecked onto the next section of the population.

Sorry, just to be clear.

You want to bring out a type of boot-leg cover version of Do They Know It's Brexit?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hey Pickles on 14:10 - Mar 19 with 1471 viewspickles110564

Hi Spruce,
The last time I was involved in protests was on picket lines outside the PORT.
They were not great times but we needed our voice to be heard.
I would more than likely try to understand what I would need to get involved in local politics but with Corbyn as the leader that would just not sit right with my views.
I am not your average Leave voter but would expect some to take up wearing yellow vests.
Hey Pickles on 14:14 - Mar 19 with 1448 viewsDarth_Koont

Hey Pickles on 14:09 - Mar 19 by jeera

Sorry, just to be clear.

You want to bring out a type of boot-leg cover version of Do They Know It's Brexit?

Exactly. That'll do the trick. Lyrics are ready to go:

It’s Brexit Time

You really need to be afraid

At Brexit Time

We let no one in and we banish trade

And in our world of madness

Our eyes roll in despair

Throw your hands up in the air

At Brexit Time.

But say a prayer

Pray for the younger ones

At Brexit Time it’s hard

But if you’re lacking fun

There’s a world outside your window

And it’s a world of dread and fear

Where the only people crowing

Are the bitter Brexiteers

And the Brexit clock is ticking

Like the clanging chimes of doom

Dear God can’t we Remain

Instead of Leave?

And there won’t be dough for the NHS this Christmas time

The greatest lie we got last year from Leave (uh oh)

Where no one really knows

No truth or candour flows

Now we know its Brexit Time for all.

Pronouns: He/Him

Hey Pickles on 14:15 - Mar 19 with 1447 viewsZedRodgers

Hey Pickles on 14:10 - Mar 19 by pickles110564

Hi Spruce,
The last time I was involved in protests was on picket lines outside the PORT.
They were not great times but we needed our voice to be heard.
I would more than likely try to understand what I would need to get involved in local politics but with Corbyn as the leader that would just not sit right with my views.
I am not your average Leave voter but would expect some to take up wearing yellow vests.

Corbyn would stop you being involved in local politics?

People are already wearing yellow vests but they've been laughed out of Westminster.

No, not at the moment

Hey Pickles on 14:15 - Mar 19 with 1440 viewspickles110564

Hey Pickles on 14:15 - Mar 19 by ZedRodgers

Corbyn would stop you being involved in local politics?

People are already wearing yellow vests but they've been laughed out of Westminster.

Because I would want to stand for Labour.
Hey Pickles on 14:17 - Mar 19 with 1434 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 14:15 - Mar 19 by pickles110564

Not UKIP who would seem your natural home if your only concern is Brexit?

Truly impaired.

Hey Pickles on 14:19 - Mar 19 with 1429 viewsGuthrum

A civil war would be good for the country, help give some of the young people an identity.

I know you're joking, but when was the last time a civil war was good for any country?

The deaths, the waste of money, the destruction. The cost of political, social and economic reconstruction afterwards. The score-settling, revanchism, persecution, oppression, authoritarian regimes.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Login to get fewer ads

Hey Pickles on 14:21 - Mar 19 with 1422 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 14:19 - Mar 19 by Guthrum

I know you're joking, but when was the last time a civil war was good for any country?

The deaths, the waste of money, the destruction. The cost of political, social and economic reconstruction afterwards. The score-settling, revanchism, persecution, oppression, authoritarian regimes.

It always seems to be the generation born after WW2 and who avoided national service who think war and national service are good things 'for the young'.

Horrible selfish cowardly w@nkers.

Truly impaired.

Hey Pickles on 14:22 - Mar 19 with 1426 viewsZedRodgers

Hey Pickles on 14:15 - Mar 19 by pickles110564

I'm not sure how asking whether you would get involved with local politics if Brexit fell through to amplify your views on Brexit has turned into you saying you couldn't stand (presumably you mean as a politician?) for Labour with Corbyn as leader.

No, not at the moment

Hey Pickles on 14:26 - Mar 19 with 1392 viewsBloomBlue

Hey Pickles on 14:19 - Mar 19 by Guthrum

Yes too many lack a sense of humour on here.

But re your question 1642 - 1651
Hey Pickles on 14:29 - Mar 19 with 1389 viewsjeera

Hey Pickles on 14:21 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

It always seems to be the generation born after WW2 and who avoided national service who think war and national service are good things 'for the young'.

Horrible selfish cowardly w@nkers.

There'd be no one left to pay their pensions.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hey Pickles on 14:38 - Mar 19 with 1370 viewsjaykay

there's enough young ones with a identity on grave stones in france and belgium from this country , thank you very much

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Hey Pickles on 14:46 - Mar 19 with 1357 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 13:42 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

You're talking about attacking people in the street. If a woman went up to Anna Soubry and slapped her for 'betraying the will of the people' you would be strongly condemning it.

Who is the man in the video? What has he done to promote harming others? I genuinely don't know who he is.

Why else is fair game? Rees-Mogg because of his beliefs? Boris Johnson because he's come out with a few things that have offended people?

It just seems people are willing to twist everything to fit their viewpoint. Violence against people I agree with = terrible. Violence against people who I disagree with = great.

I hold everyone to the same standard. To answer a point from your post in the other thread, yes I do hold myself to the same standards I hold everyone else to. I sometimes fall short I admit but I can honestly say a lot of the time I really do hold myself to those standards. I disagree with violence against anyone whose views I agree with or disagree with. I can't think it is ok just because the right people are targeted. This is a dangerous road to go down. Rees-Mogg's home was attacked and some people said oh well, he deserves it because of his views.

I specifically said White Supremacists, Nazis and Fascists. Not sure why you're strawmanning all over the shop by naming MPs.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Hey Pickles on 14:47 - Mar 19 with 1347 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 14:46 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

I specifically said White Supremacists, Nazis and Fascists. Not sure why you're strawmanning all over the shop by naming MPs.

Violence is ok against those people then?

Truly impaired.

Hey Pickles on 14:50 - Mar 19 with 1342 viewspickles110564

Hey Pickles on 14:17 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

Not UKIP who would seem your natural home if your only concern is Brexit?

No not UKIP, if not Labour it would have to be The Brexit Party.
Hey Pickles on 14:50 - Mar 19 with 1340 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 14:47 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

Violence is ok against those people then?

Is violence against White Supremacists, Fascists and Nazis, who are promoting violence and harm (and, by the way, actually carrying out those threats) against people who have done nothing more than just simply try to live their lives while being brown or of a different religion ok?

The country in general seemed ok with it in the 30s and 40s. I don't think that much has changed.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 14:55]

Hey Pickles on 14:53 - Mar 19 with 1328 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 14:50 - Mar 19 by pickles110564

You were celebrating May's deal having more of a chance the other day. Her deal is a soft Brexit. It's beginning to seem like the issue for you is more about getting 'Brexit' at all than what deal we actually get.

Truly impaired.

Hey Pickles on 14:53 - Mar 19 with 1330 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 14:50 - Mar 19 by pickles110564

What are their other policies? You might want to wait and see what they support before supporting them in turn!

Hey Pickles on 14:56 - Mar 19 with 1320 viewspickles110564

Hey Pickles on 14:53 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

You were celebrating May's deal having more of a chance the other day. Her deal is a soft Brexit. It's beginning to seem like the issue for you is more about getting 'Brexit' at all than what deal we actually get.

We need to get past the first post, then work out the other arrangements with the EU which we cannot do until we leave.
Hey Pickles on 14:56 - Mar 19 with 1314 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 14:50 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

Is violence against White Supremacists, Fascists and Nazis, who are promoting violence and harm (and, by the way, actually carrying out those threats) against people who have done nothing more than just simply try to live their lives while being brown or of a different religion ok?

The country in general seemed ok with it in the 30s and 40s. I don't think that much has changed.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 14:55]

You know we are talking about attacking people in the street.

I take back my post from yesterday. There is literally no point in writing an essay and scrolling back through posts for examples. You have your beliefs and posting style. I have mine. I take it back completely because it would be a waste of time. I won't mention it again in the future, I will just ignore the thread.

Truly impaired.

Hey Pickles on 14:58 - Mar 19 with 1316 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 14:56 - Mar 19 by pickles110564

We need to get past the first post, then work out the other arrangements with the EU which we cannot do until we leave.

Can you see that 'Just do it and worry about the details later' isn't all that reassuring for Remainers to hear?

Hey Pickles on 15:03 - Mar 19 with 1311 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 14:56 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

You know we are talking about attacking people in the street.

I take back my post from yesterday. There is literally no point in writing an essay and scrolling back through posts for examples. You have your beliefs and posting style. I have mine. I take it back completely because it would be a waste of time. I won't mention it again in the future, I will just ignore the thread.

You were talking crap yesterday, which is why you won't engage with my response to it. You're being dishonest and quite honestly I'm bored of you inventing things I've supposedly said in order to have a pop at me.

The real waste of time is me engaging with you. I won't bother in future.

Hey Pickles on 15:06 - Mar 19 with 1300 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 15:03 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

You were talking crap yesterday, which is why you won't engage with my response to it. You're being dishonest and quite honestly I'm bored of you inventing things I've supposedly said in order to have a pop at me.

The real waste of time is me engaging with you. I won't bother in future.

You might have more of a case if I was the only one who ever mentioned it.

You still haven't told me who the man in the video is who is getting punched.

Truly impaired.

Hey Pickles on 15:08 - Mar 19 with 1292 viewspickles110564

Hey Pickles on 14:58 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

Can you see that 'Just do it and worry about the details later' isn't all that reassuring for Remainers to hear?

It is the EU that have put barriers in place not us, really silly on their part not to have both deals running alongside each other, would have saved time and all this fuss as a trade deal sorted means no backstop and all the issues with it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024