Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hey Pickles 13:07 - Mar 19 with 7344 viewsSpruceMoose

Have you thought about what you might do if Brexit doesn't happen? Would you be likely to get involved in local politics, try and keep leaving an issue? Would you be motivated enough to march and protest or, heaven forbid, riot?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what might actually happen with your average Leave voter, as I'm not entirely convinced it'll be anything more than plenty of grumbling in the comments section of Daily Mail and some tutting.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hey Pickles on 15:11 - Mar 19 with 2173 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 15:06 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

You might have more of a case if I was the only one who ever mentioned it.

You still haven't told me who the man in the video is who is getting punched.

As I said, I'm not wasting my time responding to you if you're just going to invent things I've supposedly said in order to have a pop at me. You've been doing it for a long time now and I'm bored of it. It's dishonest.

I won't respond again.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Hey Pickles on 15:12 - Mar 19 with 2166 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 15:08 - Mar 19 by pickles110564

It is the EU that have put barriers in place not us, really silly on their part not to have both deals running alongside each other, would have saved time and all this fuss as a trade deal sorted means no backstop and all the issues with it.

What do you mean "It is the EU that have put barriers in place not us"? I'm not aware of that happening, but Brexit news isn't always all that comprehensively reported over here.

Hey Pickles on 15:13 - Mar 19 with 2158 viewswkj

Hey Pickles on 15:11 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

As I said, I'm not wasting my time responding to you if you're just going to invent things I've supposedly said in order to have a pop at me. You've been doing it for a long time now and I'm bored of it. It's dishonest.

I won't respond again.

Did you supremely drop bombs in J2's inbox? This all seems a bit personal between you both the last couple of days.

#IDontLikeMumAndDadRowing

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Hey Pickles on 15:15 - Mar 19 with 2154 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 15:13 - Mar 19 by wkj

Did you supremely drop bombs in J2's inbox? This all seems a bit personal between you both the last couple of days.

Ha don't worry Son. It's all over and done with now. Just play with your Lego while I turn the TV up really loud.

Hey Pickles on 15:15 - Mar 19 with 2148 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 15:11 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

I won't respond again.

As I said, i'm far from the only person who has brought it up, as much as you might not like it. If you really want me to do it, i'll respond. I'll even PM it to prove it's not about taking shots at you for no reason.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hey Pickles on 15:20 - Mar 19 with 2132 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 15:13 - Mar 19 by wkj

Nothing personal. Brought up something that is a regular pattern. Other people do the same but I actually like Spruce so I tell him rather than div list him like the others.

I said I wouldn't bother responding because it will take ages and he will just dismiss it anyway like all the previous times. He then thinks ii'm not replying because i'm talking rubbish.

I'll PM him if he wants.

The internet is serious business

Truly impaired.

Hey Pickles on 15:24 - Mar 19 with 2109 viewsBlueBadger

Hey Pickles on 14:26 - Mar 19 by BloomBlue

Yes too many lack a sense of humour on here.

But re your question 1642 - 1651

Ah yes, a time of mass plundering, violence against civilians and the installation of a government of religious extremists.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hey Pickles on 15:28 - Mar 19 with 2110 viewsZedRodgers

Hey Pickles on 14:56 - Mar 19 by pickles110564

We need to get past the first post, then work out the other arrangements with the EU which we cannot do until we leave.

You should put that on the side of a bus.

No, not at the moment

Login to get fewer ads

Hey Pickles on 15:29 - Mar 19 with 2109 viewswkj

Hey Pickles on 15:20 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

Nothing personal. Brought up something that is a regular pattern. Other people do the same but I actually like Spruce so I tell him rather than div list him like the others.

I said I wouldn't bother responding because it will take ages and he will just dismiss it anyway like all the previous times. He then thinks ii'm not replying because i'm talking rubbish.

I'll PM him if he wants.

The internet is serious business

Regarding your last point, It is the internet, and it is hard to pick up on nuance- so, I am not sure really anyone is that guilty of anything on here the last few days, other than not picking up on nuance. Some of us on here have more obvious personalities on here than others, but I don't think many need saving from themselves, at least not until they literally threaten to push someone in front of a bus.

Crybaby

Hey Pickles on 15:33 - Mar 19 with 2092 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 15:29 - Mar 19 by wkj

Regarding your last point, It is the internet, and it is hard to pick up on nuance- so, I am not sure really anyone is that guilty of anything on here the last few days, other than not picking up on nuance. Some of us on here have more obvious personalities on here than others, but I don't think many need saving from themselves, at least not until they literally threaten to push someone in front of a bus.

That is a very good point to be fair.

Truly impaired.

Hey Pickles on 15:34 - Mar 19 with 2092 viewsm14_blue

Hey Pickles on 14:21 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

It always seems to be the generation born after WW2 and who avoided national service who think war and national service are good things 'for the young'.

Horrible selfish cowardly w@nkers.

Absolutely spot on.

Funnily enough, I never heard anyone from the generation who actually fought in a war speak about it so flippantly.

Some baby boomers bask in the reflected glory of their parents and sneer at the young despite never having to face the horrors of war themselves.
Hey Pickles on 15:42 - Mar 19 with 2076 viewswkj

Hey Pickles on 15:33 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

That is a very good point to be fair.

No it isnt

Crybaby

Hey Pickles on 17:57 - Mar 19 with 2033 viewsGuthrum

Hey Pickles on 14:26 - Mar 19 by BloomBlue

Yes too many lack a sense of humour on here.

But re your question 1642 - 1651

Nothing particularly good about that one. Quite apart from the dead and wounded (disease and starvation as well*), the riven families and friendships, the economic damage, we ended up with a military dictatorship** and reignited the violence in Ireland.

* The plundering by armies got so bad that locals started banding together, in groups known as "clubmen", to drive them out of their areas. There were also incidents like the storming of Leicester in 1645, followed by a massacre.

** Much as I'm a fan of Cromwell, he was a military dictator for much of 1650s, with the Rule of the Major Generals a notorious episode. The Restoration in 1660 led to significant suppression of Parliament.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 17:59]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hey Pickles on 18:11 - Mar 19 with 2018 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hey Pickles on 13:15 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

Do they really seem like the type though? Nice middle class types? The kind who buy the Express on a Sunday and have a nice cup of tea in the Waitrose cafe? Look at Farage's failure march, look at the disappointing 'crowd' who turned up to that.

Even ignoring the fact that we shouldn't not do what's right just because we are being threatened, I'm really not so sure these folk will be flinging trolleys through Poundland windows anytime soon. I could be wrong, obviously. It did happen once.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:18]

Says the Guardian reading, middle class Waitrose shopper!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Hey Pickles on 18:13 - Mar 19 with 2013 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 18:11 - Mar 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Waitrose should ban Guardian readers.

Truly impaired.

Hey Pickles on 18:13 - Mar 19 with 2011 viewsfooters

Just because one has taste in good food it doesn't limit one's proclivity for violent civil unrest, comrade citizen.

footers, Islington North branch Chair

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hey Pickles on 18:18 - Mar 19 with 2001 viewsSpruceMoose

I wish. I'd love a Waitrose nearby. I'd smash every single sausage roll and scotch egg in the building into my face.

Hey Pickles on 18:18 - Mar 19 with 1997 viewsfooters

Hey Pickles on 18:18 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

I wish. I'd love a Waitrose nearby. I'd smash every single sausage roll and scotch egg in the building into my face.

https://www.indy100.com/article/puff-dogs-sausage-roll-trader-joes-us-uk-claim-o

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hey Pickles on 18:20 - Mar 19 with 1997 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hey Pickles on 13:29 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

I wonder how much of it is about Brexit though, and how much is the feeling that Xenophobic outbursts and sentiments are no longer something to be quite so embarrassed about.

I do wonder what these people will do next if we DO leave the EU. I can't imagine they will go away.

I think you will find many were motivated to vote Brexit to p1ss off middle class waitrose shoppers (which it seems you would approve of) rather than being motivated by racism. I can see why a whole load of entitled,middle class, Waitrose shopping remainers would prefer to think they are all racists though....far better for ones self esteem!

Hey Pickles on 18:24 - Mar 19 with 1987 viewsBlueBadger

Hey Pickles on 17:57 - Mar 19 by Guthrum

Nothing particularly good about that one. Quite apart from the dead and wounded (disease and starvation as well*), the riven families and friendships, the economic damage, we ended up with a military dictatorship** and reignited the violence in Ireland.

* The plundering by armies got so bad that locals started banding together, in groups known as "clubmen", to drive them out of their areas. There were also incidents like the storming of Leicester in 1645, followed by a massacre.

** Much as I'm a fan of Cromwell, he was a military dictator for much of 1650s, with the Rule of the Major Generals a notorious episode. The Restoration in 1660 led to significant suppression of Parliament.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 17:59]

As far as I'm concerned, he's history's second-best Cromwell.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Hey Pickles on 18:30 - Mar 19 with 1967 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 18:18 - Mar 19 by footers

https://www.indy100.com/article/puff-dogs-sausage-roll-trader-joes-us-uk-claim-o

My eyes!

Hey Pickles on 18:31 - Mar 19 with 1965 viewsSpruceMoose

Hey Pickles on 18:20 - Mar 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

I think you will find many were motivated to vote Brexit to p1ss off middle class waitrose shoppers (which it seems you would approve of) rather than being motivated by racism. I can see why a whole load of entitled,middle class, Waitrose shopping remainers would prefer to think they are all racists though....far better for ones self esteem!

You make less sense with every passing day old bean!

Hey Pickles on 18:46 - Mar 19 with 1943 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hey Pickles on 18:18 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

Just as long as we're clear that everybody that voted in the referendum shops at Waitrose, is middle class and is only differentiated by choice of newspaper......so there will not be any riots!

Hey Pickles on 18:53 - Mar 19 with 1934 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hey Pickles on 18:31 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

You make less sense with every passing day old bean!

It must be catching Moosey.....

"Do they really seem like the type though? Nice middle class types? The kind who buy the Express on a Sunday and have a nice cup of tea in the Waitrose cafe? Look at Farage's failure march, look at the disappointing 'crowd' who turned up to that. 

Even ignoring the fact that we shouldn't not do what's right just because we are being threatened, I'm really not so sure these folk will be flinging trolleys through Poundland windows anytime soon."

.....I think you may have missed a large Brexit demographic, but you and others find it convenient to dismiss them as racists and xenophobes rather than disenfranchised and ignored.

Hey Pickles on 18:55 - Mar 19 with 1927 viewslowhouseblue

Hey Pickles on 18:53 - Mar 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

It must be catching Moosey.....

"Do they really seem like the type though? Nice middle class types? The kind who buy the Express on a Sunday and have a nice cup of tea in the Waitrose cafe? Look at Farage's failure march, look at the disappointing 'crowd' who turned up to that. 

Even ignoring the fact that we shouldn't not do what's right just because we are being threatened, I'm really not so sure these folk will be flinging trolleys through Poundland windows anytime soon."

.....I think you may have missed a large Brexit demographic, but you and others find it convenient to dismiss them as racists and xenophobes rather than disenfranchised and ignored.

i just agreed with one of your posts - i feel uneasy and a little bit worried.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024