Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hey Pickles 13:07 - Mar 19 with 7347 viewsSpruceMoose

Have you thought about what you might do if Brexit doesn't happen? Would you be likely to get involved in local politics, try and keep leaving an issue? Would you be motivated enough to march and protest or, heaven forbid, riot?

I'm just trying to get an idea of what might actually happen with your average Leave voter, as I'm not entirely convinced it'll be anything more than plenty of grumbling in the comments section of Daily Mail and some tutting.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hey Pickles on 18:57 - Mar 19 with 740 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 18:53 - Mar 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

It must be catching Moosey.....

"Do they really seem like the type though? Nice middle class types? The kind who buy the Express on a Sunday and have a nice cup of tea in the Waitrose cafe? Look at Farage's failure march, look at the disappointing 'crowd' who turned up to that. 

Even ignoring the fact that we shouldn't not do what's right just because we are being threatened, I'm really not so sure these folk will be flinging trolleys through Poundland windows anytime soon."

.....I think you may have missed a large Brexit demographic, but you and others find it convenient to dismiss them as racists and xenophobes rather than disenfranchised and ignored.

Good news for the middle class of Felixstowe, apparently Waitrose are going in the M&S building when M&S closes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Hey Pickles on 18:57 - Mar 19 with 740 viewsfooters

Hey Pickles on 18:55 - Mar 19 by lowhouseblue

i just agreed with one of your posts - i feel uneasy and a little bit worried.

We're sailing into uncharted waters. Perhaps we should consult fergal.

Still, this is a refreshing break with established lines. Next thing you know we'll be putting our car keys into a big bowl.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Hey Pickles on 18:59 - Mar 19 with 732 viewsSpruceMoose

"Do they really seem like the type though? Nice middle class types? The kind who buy the Express on a Sunday and have a nice cup of tea in the Waitrose cafe? Look at Farage's failure march, look at the disappointing 'crowd' who turned up to that. 

Even ignoring the fact that we shouldn't not do what's right just because we are being threatened, I'm really not so sure these folk will be flinging trolleys through Poundland windows anytime soon."

.....I think you may have missed a large Brexit demographic, but you and others find it convenient to dismiss them as racists and xenophobes rather than disenfranchised and ignored.

In the post you chose to copy, please point to where I said they were racists and xenophobes.

Making stuff up is the only thing that seems to be catching round these parts.

And to save you hunting, yes, I'm sure I've referred to the racist and xenophobic tendencies of Leave voters in some other post, at some other time. You didn't choose to pull me up on that one though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hey Pickles on 19:01 - Mar 19 with 713 viewsjeera

"Brexit demographic, but you and others find it convenient to dismiss them as racists and xenophobes rather than disenfranchised and ignored."

In truth it was a mixture of both.

I'm sure we all know people who voted 'out' because they want the 'old days' back and also a few who had honest and worrying concerns about being starved of housing and other such basic needs that government and councils seem determined to ignore.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hey Pickles on 19:16 - Mar 19 with 696 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hey Pickles on 18:55 - Mar 19 by lowhouseblue

i just agreed with one of your posts - i feel uneasy and a little bit worried.

Down voted just because I can......I shall cherish it, I think.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Hey Pickles on 19:19 - Mar 19 with 691 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Hey Pickles on 18:57 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

Good news for the middle class of Felixstowe, apparently Waitrose are going in the M&S building when M&S closes.

Felixstowe is the new Aldeburgh......buy all the things!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Hey Pickles on 19:22 - Mar 19 with 680 viewsjeera

Hey Pickles on 18:57 - Mar 19 by J2BLUE

M&S closing there after all those years huh?

You'd think if they couldn't make it work then Waitrose might think twice.

How was your day out?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hey Pickles on 19:25 - Mar 19 with 669 viewsJ2BLUE

Hey Pickles on 19:22 - Mar 19 by jeera

M&S closing there after all those years huh?

You'd think if they couldn't make it work then Waitrose might think twice.

How was your day out?

M&S are using half the shop for clothes which is quite odd. You would think they would have given it a chance as a Simply Food store. I think Waitrose will be ok there. They don't need people to do full shops being on the high street, just for enough people to go in and buy a bit.

Rubbish. The Adnams shop has gone and M&S had no 40p Adnams cans left. Shocking scenes.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024