Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who was our Premier League equivalent? 13:30 - Mar 19 with 3794 viewsBluefish

A club that has been a mainstay but is not good enough or rich enough to ever break into the top 6 these days despite flirting with it in the past. A club with a solid history and little hope.

Probably Everton? Maybe Villa before that?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 13:35 - Mar 19 with 3446 viewschristiand

Everton is a very optimistic comparison, how were we a mainstay? I was thinking along the lines of Southampton, had a few successes, but had its downs and mediocrity too.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 15:29]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 13:36 - Mar 19 with 3440 viewsTractorCam

Definitely Everton, were regular 7th place under Moyes. Slowly slipping since.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 13:39 - Mar 19 with 3421 viewsSpruceMoose

Coventry or Charlton.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 13:45 - Mar 19 with 3396 viewsgiant_stow

Derby

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 13:48 - Mar 19 with 3372 viewsSlambo

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 13:45 - Mar 19 by giant_stow

Derby

Very good...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 13:49 - Mar 19 with 3365 viewshomer_123

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 13:39 - Mar 19 by SpruceMoose

Coventry or Charlton.

Doom merchant.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 13:50 - Mar 19 with 3359 viewsYallop

Everton and Villa are both bigger clubs than us imho.

I'd say Forest of old or Watford / Southampton of the current Prem sides
Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 13:53 - Mar 19 with 3350 viewsPJH

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 13:50 - Mar 19 by Yallop

Although not sure that either Watford or Southampton have the "solid history" mentioned in the OP.
Login to get fewer ads

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 14:09 - Mar 19 with 3319 viewsBluefish

I meant the premier league equivalent of us in the champion so size relative to the division. Not the same size as us

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 14:12 - Mar 19 with 3315 viewsBluefish

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 13:36 - Mar 19 by TractorCam

Definitely Everton, were regular 7th place under Moyes. Slowly slipping since.

Do you think that they also have the same attitude as fans as we did about mid table mediocrity? I were if they can related to the mcgoldrick comments about wins? For years we have had a portion of fans that say mid table with no hope of top 6 is a pointless existence

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 14:14 - Mar 19 with 3304 viewsBluefish

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 13:35 - Mar 19 by christiand

Everton is a very optimistic comparison, how were we a mainstay? I was thinking along the lines of Southampton, had a few successes, but had its downs and mediocrity too.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 15:29]

I was comparing us as a mainstay in the championship to a mainstay in the prem

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 14:39 - Mar 19 with 3261 viewsPecker

Forest of old is a bit optimistic.
Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 15:47 - Mar 19 with 3186 viewsbritbiker

West ham. They have a good hard core if local fans. Not a big fan pool outside of their own catchment area.

Always fliting between divisions without spending big (compared with the division they are in). This if course has changed now that we have all been forced to fund them in their new soleless stadium.

Never going to challenge top four but fans just hopeful of a cup run. Good historical world cup connections.
Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 15:50 - Mar 19 with 3180 viewsBluefish

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 15:47 - Mar 19 by britbiker

West ham. They have a good hard core if local fans. Not a big fan pool outside of their own catchment area.

Always fliting between divisions without spending big (compared with the division they are in). This if course has changed now that we have all been forced to fund them in their new soleless stadium.

Never going to challenge top four but fans just hopeful of a cup run. Good historical world cup connections.

If they went down and up they are not the equivalent of us in this division

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 16:09 - Mar 19 with 3152 viewschristiand

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 15:50 - Mar 19 by Bluefish

If they went down and up they are not the equivalent of us in this division

So basically it's Everton?! Any other suggestions are wrong apparently!!

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 16:10 - Mar 19 with 3150 viewsSouperJim

There isn't one.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 16:12 - Mar 19 with 3142 viewschristiand

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 16:10 - Mar 19 by SouperJim

There isn't one.

That's wrong SouperJim, it's not Everton!!!

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 16:16 - Mar 19 with 3124 viewsSouperJim

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 16:12 - Mar 19 by christiand

That's wrong SouperJim, it's not Everton!!!

Yes, but which cheese do we compare to?

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 17:58 - Mar 19 with 3067 viewsBluefish

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 16:09 - Mar 19 by christiand

So basically it's Everton?! Any other suggestions are wrong apparently!!

No I was just correcting people that couldn't manage to read the question. Upto you to make an answer, I suggest 2 answers

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 18:55 - Mar 19 with 3000 viewsjudespiveyg

West Brom, at least in recent years. Solidly mid table at the expense of watchable football, new manager causes fall to relegation leaving another to pick up the pieces.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 19:02 - Mar 19 with 2988 viewsSuperblue95

I live in Ireland and I see far more West Ham shirts here than I see shirts of Man City or Spurs so not sure I’d agree with the end of your first paragraph

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 19:07 - Mar 19 with 2980 viewsmonty_radio

Their locality, Stratford to Southend, is probably the most populous area to have only one club in its heart. Their silent following is massive.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 19:52 - Mar 19 with 2946 viewsbournemouthblue

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 19:07 - Mar 19 by monty_radio

Their locality, Stratford to Southend, is probably the most populous area to have only one club in its heart. Their silent following is massive.

East London and Saff Essex, all the way up to Chelmsford really

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 20:27 - Mar 19 with 2888 viewsbrogansnose

Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 14:12 - Mar 19 by Bluefish

Do you think that they also have the same attitude as fans as we did about mid table mediocrity? I were if they can related to the mcgoldrick comments about wins? For years we have had a portion of fans that say mid table with no hope of top 6 is a pointless existence

Seriously Fishers, what constitutes a meaningful existence nowadays for a football club. In any division, is being 15th on a regular basis, because thats pretty much financially what reality dictates, a meaningful existence ? Thats not a side swipe at ME either. If our true position is top 6 in div 3 and being competitive then that's the way schizzle is and I personally can, and have got to live with that. Is ticking off the FA fixture list and being nowhere in div 2 but just existing and being there meaningful in any way ? To my mind, and other views are availible and no less valid, sport is about competing not just making up the numbers.

Forget our history and pedigree, we will find our level in the pecking order.
Who was our Premier League equivalent? on 20:38 - Mar 19 with 2849 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Southampton spent from 78-2005 in the top division at times early on finishing in the top 6 before gradually dropping and being relegated. So the equivalent may be Southampton of 2005.

When they got relegated, they spent 4 years getting lower and lower in the Championship before dropping into League 1. It took them 2 years to escape that but they did return to the Premier League straight after that.

To extrapolate from that and assume we would go down to League 2 then return in similar fashion would assume far too many factors. However, we do share a good record for bringing through youth players.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024