Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nonsense 07:00 - Mar 20 with 7488 viewsZedRodgers

Absolute nonsense. This is simply a result of the likes of Leadsom and Fox threatening to resign at cabinet yesterday if she requested a long extension. May is a morally reprehensible disaster who’s only purpose is to save face within her party.

This is not a plan.

No, not at the moment

Nonsense on 11:30 - Mar 20 with 2069 viewsSteve_M

Nonsense on 11:00 - Mar 20 by ZedRodgers

This is the result of the press relentlessly hassling random Labour 'sources' for a reaction within minutes of confirmation that May would be requesting a short extension. It's just an unhelpful media whirlwind.

I have no doubt that Labour will support calls for an extension that ensures May doesn't just blackmail us again with her deal a few weeks down the line when we're staring EU elections in the face. That is in line with their policy as Guthrum has pointed out.

The press (especially the likes of the Telegraph bod you prematurely linked to earlier) will likely frame whatever Labour suggest as an inadequate alternative.

Nope, it's still unicorns:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nonsense on 11:38 - Mar 20 with 2052 viewsHerbivore

Nonsense on 11:30 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

*Face palm*

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Nonsense on 12:02 - Mar 20 with 2025 viewsZedRodgers

Nonsense on 11:30 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

I think the press are misrepresenting Labour's response to this. The suggestion that Labour could negotiate a different deal themselves in three months is nonsensical. They are not in government and are not doing the negotiating. A change in government (plus EU negotiations) in such a time is also impossible.

If McDonnell is suggesting that a three month delay would be long enough if May adopts a different approach and the house approves Labour's compromise (customs union-friendly deal + people's vote), then he is right. It doesn't make it a likely outcome and I think Labour collectively understand this. It's wrong to compare what May would be doing with a three month extension to what would be happening in that three month period if the house support the alternative.

If Labour didn't want the house to decide on whether three months was insufficient, this wouldn't be happening:

No, not at the moment

Nonsense on 12:23 - Mar 20 with 2004 viewsZedRodgers

This seems to be the EU’s postition:

End of June is silly. Before EU elections or at least until the end of the year only logical options. The latter requiring an election as anticipated by Zed other sensible posters yesterday.

Corbyn just now: Are you willing to compromise?
May: *talks about something else*

No, not at the moment

Nonsense on 12:31 - Mar 20 with 1990 viewsZedRodgers

🚨🚨🚨

No, not at the moment

Nonsense on 12:53 - Mar 20 with 1966 viewsSpruceMoose

Nonsense on 12:31 - Mar 20 by ZedRodgers

🚨🚨🚨

Sounds like a win win...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Nonsense on 13:34 - Mar 20 with 1945 viewsBloomBlue

Nonsense on 12:02 - Mar 20 by ZedRodgers

I think the press are misrepresenting Labour's response to this. The suggestion that Labour could negotiate a different deal themselves in three months is nonsensical. They are not in government and are not doing the negotiating. A change in government (plus EU negotiations) in such a time is also impossible.

If McDonnell is suggesting that a three month delay would be long enough if May adopts a different approach and the house approves Labour's compromise (customs union-friendly deal + people's vote), then he is right. It doesn't make it a likely outcome and I think Labour collectively understand this. It's wrong to compare what May would be doing with a three month extension to what would be happening in that three month period if the house support the alternative.

If Labour didn't want the house to decide on whether three months was insufficient, this wouldn't be happening:

McDonnell knows it only takes 6 weeks to organise a vote, what's the issue ?
Nonsense on 13:36 - Mar 20 with 1947 viewswkj

Nonsense on 12:53 - Mar 20 by SpruceMoose

Sounds like a win win...

Opening the door for the slightest possibility of Jeremy Hunt becoming PM would hardly be a win for anyone #BeCarefulWhatYouWishFor

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Nonsense on 13:39 - Mar 20 with 1937 viewsEly_Blue

Nonsense on 08:29 - Mar 20 by Churchman

The politicians deserve it for their greed, ignorance and epic incompetence. But the people don’t. They certainly don’t deserve to be made poorer, to lose their jobs and potentially their lives (medicine shortage, food etc) thanks to a diet of lies fed by clowns like reesmog, Johnson, May and the rest.

But talk to many who voted for Brexit (and I count my wife in that camp unfortunately) and they will tell you “we voted for out so let’s just get out” so maybe 52% of the people also deserve a hard Brexit for being so blind to what they were lead to believe in the first instance when they voted for it?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Nonsense on 13:53 - Mar 20 with 1923 viewsGuthrum

Nonsense on 13:36 - Mar 20 by wkj

Opening the door for the slightest possibility of Jeremy Hunt becoming PM would hardly be a win for anyone #BeCarefulWhatYouWishFor

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/19/tory-mps-vow-to-quit-party-if-b

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nonsense on 13:54 - Mar 20 with 1921 viewswkj

Nonsense on 13:53 - Mar 20 by Guthrum

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/19/tory-mps-vow-to-quit-party-if-b

Go away, at least I showed a modicum of restraint.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Nonsense on 14:01 - Mar 20 with 1895 viewsGuthrum

Nonsense on 13:54 - Mar 20 by wkj

Go away, at least I showed a modicum of restraint.

I'd consider the party falling to pieces and losing power the moment Boris finally fulfills his desperate ambition to be a satisfying twist of fate. Quite the Greek tragedy (without being slaghtered by crazed women or dragged over a cliff by a bull).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nonsense on 14:10 - Mar 20 with 1877 viewsZedRodgers

Well said, Mr. Miliband.

No, not at the moment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024