Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nonsense 07:00 - Mar 20 with 7512 viewsZedRodgers

Absolute nonsense. This is simply a result of the likes of Leadsom and Fox threatening to resign at cabinet yesterday if she requested a long extension. May is a morally reprehensible disaster who’s only purpose is to save face within her party.

This is not a plan.

No, not at the moment

Nonsense on 09:50 - Mar 20 with 1215 viewsSomethingBlue

Nonsense on 09:20 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

The silent majority need to start making some noise and quickly.

People really should be on the fcuking streets day in day out. In many other countries they would be. This one doesn't really seem to get it; never has.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2019 9:50]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Nonsense on 09:54 - Mar 20 with 1208 viewshomer_123

Nonsense on 09:50 - Mar 20 by SomethingBlue

People really should be on the fcuking streets day in day out. In many other countries they would be. This one doesn't really seem to get it; never has.

Lots of reasons why they might not be:

1. Maybe there are lots of people that aren't actually that bothered one way or another, they are nonplussed whether we stay or leave

2. Maybe it's cultral - we don't tend to hold lots and lots of mass demonstrations - we hold some but nowhere near as much as other countries

3. Do they actually make any difference anyway? No, until we have a different way of governing - what the public wants and what Parliament does are two very different things.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Nonsense on 09:54 - Mar 20 with 1206 viewsgiant_stow

Nonsense on 09:50 - Mar 20 by SomethingBlue

Brexiteers are the revolutionaries in this, I spose. 'what do we want? THE STATUS QUO' is a harder sell.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Nonsense on 09:55 - Mar 20 with 1203 viewsZedRodgers

Good.

No, not at the moment

Nonsense on 09:58 - Mar 20 with 1193 viewsgiant_stow

Nonsense on 09:55 - Mar 20 by ZedRodgers

Good.

What's SO24, if you don't mind me asking mr?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Nonsense on 09:59 - Mar 20 with 1190 viewsSomethingBlue

Nonsense on 09:54 - Mar 20 by homer_123

Lots of reasons why they might not be:

1. Maybe there are lots of people that aren't actually that bothered one way or another, they are nonplussed whether we stay or leave

2. Maybe it's cultral - we don't tend to hold lots and lots of mass demonstrations - we hold some but nowhere near as much as other countries

3. Do they actually make any difference anyway? No, until we have a different way of governing - what the public wants and what Parliament does are two very different things.

Fair points. I'd add though that political engagement is something that's not really instilled in the average person from a young age here. I can use a football example — look at how, say, Harry Kane might respond to a Brexit question and how a footballer from Italy or Germany might talk about politics. Worlds apart. We are apathetic, clueless and unengaged — and about to count the cost of that, to a large extent.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Nonsense on 10:00 - Mar 20 with 1189 viewsGuthrum

Nonsense on 09:58 - Mar 20 by giant_stow

What's SO24, if you don't mind me asking mr?

https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/business/debates/application-for-emergency-d

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Nonsense on 10:08 - Mar 20 with 1175 viewsSwansea_Blue

Nonsense on 09:54 - Mar 20 by giant_stow

Brexiteers are the revolutionaries in this, I spose. 'what do we want? THE STATUS QUO' is a harder sell.

On that point, this is a fascinating listen from an ex-staffer at Vote Leave.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Nonsense on 10:12 - Mar 20 with 1168 viewschicoazul

Good.

you confuse me, Zed. Shouldnt a Corbynista like you be all for hard Brexit next week?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Nonsense on 10:23 - Mar 20 with 1152 viewsZedRodgers

Nonsense on 10:12 - Mar 20 by chicoazul

you confuse me, Zed. Shouldnt a Corbynista like you be all for hard Brexit next week?

How have you arrived at that opinion?

No, not at the moment

Nonsense on 10:28 - Mar 20 with 1139 viewschicoazul

Nonsense on 10:23 - Mar 20 by ZedRodgers

How have you arrived at that opinion?

You're a Corbynista right? Man hates the EU with the passion of Romeo.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Nonsense on 10:34 - Mar 20 with 1130 viewsSteve_M

Good.

But....

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Nonsense on 10:36 - Mar 20 with 1125 viewschicoazul

Nonsense on 10:34 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

But....

loooooool

Nonsense on 10:36 - Mar 20 with 1129 viewsZedRodgers

Do people agree that the "People are fed up"/"People just want to move on and get it over with" rhetoric is insultingly naive?

The withdrawal agreement is just the beginning. People will be considerably more fed up months down the line if that's what's forced up on us. Their fed-upness won't have been relieved the day after she hypothetically forces it through.

No, not at the moment

Nonsense on 10:41 - Mar 20 with 1117 viewsZedRodgers

But....

I would ask Jack Maidment how he "understands" this.

No, not at the moment

Nonsense on 10:41 - Mar 20 with 1117 viewsGuthrum

But....

Which runs dirctly counter to their expressed plan for renegotiation of the deal (involving customs union, etc.), that's not going to happen within three months.

Nonsense on 10:42 - Mar 20 with 1119 viewsSteve_M

Nonsense on 10:36 - Mar 20 by ZedRodgers

Do people agree that the "People are fed up"/"People just want to move on and get it over with" rhetoric is insultingly naive?

The withdrawal agreement is just the beginning. People will be considerably more fed up months down the line if that's what's forced up on us. Their fed-upness won't have been relieved the day after she hypothetically forces it through.

Yep, and that will be worse for a deal that almost no-one wants.

I would correct that 'months' to 'years' though.

Nonsense on 10:42 - Mar 20 with 1117 viewsgiant_stow

But....

Clowns to the right of me, jokers to the left.

(sorry for getting this one out again, but it fits so well at the mo)

Nonsense on 10:43 - Mar 20 with 1116 viewsSteve_M

Nonsense on 10:42 - Mar 20 by giant_stow

Clowns to the right of me, jokers to the left.

(sorry for getting this one out again, but it fits so well at the mo)

Ok, maybe they will back it:

Nonsense on 10:43 - Mar 20 with 1116 viewsDarth_Koont

Nonsense on 10:08 - Mar 20 by Swansea_Blue

On that point, this is a fascinating listen from an ex-staffer at Vote Leave.

Excellent stuff.

"Intellectual honesty" and admitting that you don't know should be staples of the Brexit debate but instead we've been listening to people who have been lying to us, and in many cases lying to themselves. The problem is that to arrive at the point he reached (exposing the inconsistencies of a democratic Brexit alongside the need to remain as part of the single market and customs union) takes a willingness to actually think objectively and be honest with yourself.

The media should be falling over themselves to bring this Norgrove guy into the debate. He was probably a bit nervous but someone just needs to get him to stop touching his hair.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2019 10:44]

Pronouns: He/Him

Nonsense on 10:45 - Mar 20 with 1105 viewsZedRodgers

Nonsense on 10:28 - Mar 20 by chicoazul

You're a Corbynista right? Man hates the EU with the passion of Romeo.

I wouldn't call myself that, no.

Having a history of criticism for the EU in it's current form meaning you want to crash out without a deal is quite a leap, even for a deranged clown. It's certainly incompatible with anything Corbyn has said since leaving the EU became the national discussion.

No, not at the moment

Nonsense on 10:46 - Mar 20 with 1105 viewsGuthrum

This is only the Withdrawal Agreement. There's the whole of negotiating trade and other deals to come.

Nonsense on 10:51 - Mar 20 with 1093 viewsDarth_Koont

Absolutely. And it'll be years of this not months unless we park the whole debate and remain.

How many people understand this?

Pronouns: He/Him

Nonsense on 11:00 - Mar 20 with 1080 viewsZedRodgers

Nonsense on 10:43 - Mar 20 by Steve_M

Ok, maybe they will back it:

This is the result of the press relentlessly hassling random Labour 'sources' for a reaction within minutes of confirmation that May would be requesting a short extension. It's just an unhelpful media whirlwind.

I have no doubt that Labour will support calls for an extension that ensures May doesn't just blackmail us again with her deal a few weeks down the line when we're staring EU elections in the face. That is in line with their policy as Guthrum has pointed out.

The press (especially the likes of the Telegraph bod you prematurely linked to earlier) will likely frame whatever Labour suggest as an inadequate alternative.

No, not at the moment

Nonsense on 11:10 - Mar 20 with 1062 viewsSteve_M

Nonsense on 11:00 - Mar 20 by ZedRodgers

This is the result of the press relentlessly hassling random Labour 'sources' for a reaction within minutes of confirmation that May would be requesting a short extension. It's just an unhelpful media whirlwind.

I have no doubt that Labour will support calls for an extension that ensures May doesn't just blackmail us again with her deal a few weeks down the line when we're staring EU elections in the face. That is in line with their policy as Guthrum has pointed out.

The press (especially the likes of the Telegraph bod you prematurely linked to earlier) will likely frame whatever Labour suggest as an inadequate alternative.

Well, either that or someone has looked Seamus back in the cupboard again.....

I'm glad they seem to be backing this motion though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024