Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. 14:14 - Mar 20 with 9266 viewsDarth_Koont

Her lack of intelligence, integrity or confidence has brought us to this point.

Pronouns: He/Him

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 16:00 - Mar 20 with 4806 viewsusm

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 15:25 - Mar 20 by Heathlander

Was that a yes? :)

Be careful not to over react

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 16:13 - Mar 20 with 4785 viewsDarth_Koont

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 15:56 - Mar 20 by baxterbasics

OK then, of the (realistic) options that might have taken the job instead of her, whom would you prefer?

Anyone or no-one.

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 16:20 - Mar 20 with 4761 viewsGeoffSentence

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 15:56 - Mar 20 by baxterbasics

OK then, of the (realistic) options that might have taken the job instead of her, whom would you prefer?

Well, I am pretty sure that JC would have taken it given half a chance, and in fact with her failed general election she did, very nearly, give him half a chance.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 16:21 - Mar 20 with 4758 viewsOldsmoker

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 14:34 - Mar 20 by GeoffSentence

By her own measures she is a complete failure.

Remember the burning injustices that she was going to sort out, she has done none of that.

leaving on March 29th come what may - well if we actually do it will be despite her not because of her .

Basically she has not kept to anything that she said she would do.

If anyone can name one thing that she has said she will do that she has done I will be mightily surprised.

This is an extract from her speech on the steps of No 10 when she became PM.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/long_reads/theresa-may-uk-prime-minister-two-

"If you’re from an ordinary working class family, life is much harder than many people in Westminster realise. You have a job but you don’t always have job security. You have your own home, but you worry about paying a mortgage. You can just about manage but you worry about the cost of living and getting your kids into a good school.
If you’re one of those families, if you’re just managing, I want to address you directly."

So she defined the JAMs as owning their own home!!!
Generation Rent wasn't her problem and nor was the homeless.
Mays Government has only been focused on Brexit and she has failed miserably on that one thing.
The EU won't allow her to have an extension beyond the EU elections unless its a long one. It looks very likely that we're leaving on 29th March with no deal.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 16:29 - Mar 20 with 4737 viewsmanchego

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 14:43 - Mar 20 by BloomBlue

Rubbish, Blair lied and sent British soldiers to their death just so he could earn millions working for American companies. No PM should deliberatly send soldiers to their death for their own personal wealth. He should be hanging from a rope.

I don't think he did it for personal wealth.
Any PM is on to make a fortune afterwards.
You sound a bit theoretically conspiratorial.
Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 16:44 - Mar 20 with 4716 viewsLeaky

Jim Callaghan winter of discontent couldn't even bury the dead
Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 16:47 - Mar 20 with 4717 viewsghostofescobar

John Crace's articles in The Guardian are very funny and always sum up the ineptitude of May, this Government and politicians in general to be fair. Worth a read.

GhostOfEscobar

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 16:48 - Mar 20 with 4710 viewswkj

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 16:47 - Mar 20 by ghostofescobar

John Crace's articles in The Guardian are very funny and always sum up the ineptitude of May, this Government and politicians in general to be fair. Worth a read.

Took one look at your avatar and thought... why is Grimboy reading the guardian for - yikes

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 16:50 - Mar 20 with 4705 viewsMullet

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 15:29 - Mar 20 by BloomBlue

Stick your head in the sand if you want, I'm sure those who lost their lives because of his lies are laughing.

These are fairly disgusting comments, trivialising a very complex issue in a rather childish manner.

Blair making bad calls and spiralling out after a long time in power, is markedly different to what you're accusing him of.

It's telling who agrees with you though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 16:52 - Mar 20 with 4696 viewswkj

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 15:40 - Mar 20 by StokieBlue

Is that a monster piece of cheese in your avatar?

I went to Coopers Hill last weekend (home of the cheese rolling). It's rather steep.

SB

It is a lovely wedge of Glebe Brethan

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 17:10 - Mar 20 with 4666 viewsmanchego

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 15:29 - Mar 20 by BloomBlue

Stick your head in the sand if you want, I'm sure those who lost their lives because of his lies are laughing.

You need to show that he did it only for money, which you won't be able to do which makes you a fantasist.
Or a troll.
Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 17:47 - Mar 20 with 4644 viewsRyorry

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 14:46 - Mar 20 by Swansea_Blue

Seconded. Worse than Cameron. Cameron was an idiot, but at least realised it and had sufficient self-awareness and cowardice to feck off.

May is not so much a 'stupid bloody woman' as a 'dangerous bloody woman'. She's seriously unhinged, utterly deluded, lacks any empathy and frankly just seems unable to connect on a basic human level. Or in short, is evil.

It's rare I just get a snippet of someone and think, 'urgh, I don't like you', but I've never warmed to her from her earliest rise to prominence back in the early days of Tory opposition to Blair's government.

Nah, gotta be Cameron for me. Sheer gambling on the UK's future, just because he wanted to try & sort out rifts in his despicable party. Stupidest, most self-interested decision by him and a few dozen since WW2, and one which will adversely affect the millions of ordinary people in this country for decades to come.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 17:57 - Mar 20 with 4631 viewsWeWereZombies

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 17:10 - Mar 20 by manchego

You need to show that he did it only for money, which you won't be able to do which makes you a fantasist.
Or a troll.

Or someone who lost a close relation or friend in Iraq because of poor equipment, 'friendly' fire, IEDs, and other shortcomings on the way the war was set up.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 18:07 - Mar 20 with 4610 viewsjeera

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 17:57 - Mar 20 by WeWereZombies

Or someone who lost a close relation or friend in Iraq because of poor equipment, 'friendly' fire, IEDs, and other shortcomings on the way the war was set up.

Should never have happened. Irresponsible on every level conceivable with no long-term, (or short-term for that matter), thought of consequences.

Like most things in life it wasn't that simple of course and the pressure from our 'special relationship' was significant at the time, but reckless nonetheless.

The PM job seems to send people crazy with power and they seem to want a war as some sort of legacy. It would also possibly be good to not have world leaders who think they are being led by whatever god they believe in.

I liked Blair and he could have gone down as a decent PM, but the damage he helped to cause...

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 21:07 - Mar 20 with 4563 viewsjas0999

Agree. Sadly many would still vote for her above the hideous Corbyn. That’s the sorry state of British Politics.
Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 05:48 - Mar 21 with 4496 viewsballycastle

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 14:47 - Mar 20 by StokieBlue

That's not really true is it.

He did actually believe what he was doing, it was just the wrong course of action. To say it was premeditated so he could get future jobs is tin foil hat territory.

SB

It was probably quite a bit to do with his strong Catholic fundamentalism, religious nutter.
Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 08:18 - Mar 21 with 4457 viewsHerbivore

That speech last night was something else. Totally detached from reality, no sense of personal responsibility. She's going full populist setting the people against MPs. She can't last. Her own party, all factions, seem united in thinking she's a disaster.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 08:53 - Mar 21 with 4444 viewsDarth_Koont

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 08:18 - Mar 21 by Herbivore

That speech last night was something else. Totally detached from reality, no sense of personal responsibility. She's going full populist setting the people against MPs. She can't last. Her own party, all factions, seem united in thinking she's a disaster.

Indeed. But more fool us for believing any different or getting swayed by the tittle-tattle sideshow of what Corbyn is or isn't doing.

Unfortunately, the sad truth is that, as an electorate and as a society, we don't deserve any better than the politicians and media we've got.

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 09:45 - Mar 21 with 4423 viewsChurchman

The last 4 prime ministers have been a disgrace. No integrity, no understanding, no idea. Hard to decide the worst of them but for me, Blair gets the nod. On his watch the economy was hosed up the wall and conditions set for 10 years of the current disgraceful shower. He helped destroy pension provision in this country condemning millions to having to work against their will into old age. He messed up so badly, he set the stage for Corby’s momentum mob to take over the Labour Party leaving the tories to get elected (just) with no manifesto worthy of the name. They should have been thrown out in a landslide. And finally, the Iraq war. The blood of many lost lives is on his hands. He should be tried for it. May and Cameron run him a close second though!
Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 10:16 - Mar 21 with 4401 viewsWeWereZombies

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 09:45 - Mar 21 by Churchman

The last 4 prime ministers have been a disgrace. No integrity, no understanding, no idea. Hard to decide the worst of them but for me, Blair gets the nod. On his watch the economy was hosed up the wall and conditions set for 10 years of the current disgraceful shower. He helped destroy pension provision in this country condemning millions to having to work against their will into old age. He messed up so badly, he set the stage for Corby’s momentum mob to take over the Labour Party leaving the tories to get elected (just) with no manifesto worthy of the name. They should have been thrown out in a landslide. And finally, the Iraq war. The blood of many lost lives is on his hands. He should be tried for it. May and Cameron run him a close second though!

I've given your an uppie for the general thrust of your argument but we have discussed Blair earlier in the thread and, in effect, he has already been judged over the Iraq war and given a conditional discharge. Also, a bit unfair to lump Gordon Brown in with Blair, Cameron, Cameron/Clegg and May as he sounded not the greatest person to work for but had the most honourable vision as a leader, and sorted out the financial crisis (with the help of the IMF and other international players) - shame no one adequately backed him up and carried on his work. Another case of party politics overriding what was best for the country.

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 11:41 - Mar 21 with 4379 viewsChurchman

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 10:16 - Mar 21 by WeWereZombies

I've given your an uppie for the general thrust of your argument but we have discussed Blair earlier in the thread and, in effect, he has already been judged over the Iraq war and given a conditional discharge. Also, a bit unfair to lump Gordon Brown in with Blair, Cameron, Cameron/Clegg and May as he sounded not the greatest person to work for but had the most honourable vision as a leader, and sorted out the financial crisis (with the help of the IMF and other international players) - shame no one adequately backed him up and carried on his work. Another case of party politics overriding what was best for the country.

I lumped Brown mainly in for his incompetence as Chancellor so you are right, maybe that was harsh so I withdraw him from the list of shame! However amongst other mess ups (such as the ‘Brown bottom’) he did split financial regulation between the BofE and new FSA which meant in reality zero regulation and the banks could do as they pleased. Credit for the saving of the financial system for me goes to Alistair Darling - the best chancellor in decades and the one with the sensible plan to dig the uk out of its debt mountain as opposed to that piece of work Gideon.
Other incompetents include Edward Heath and Jim Callaghan, but the reality is that the line up in my lifetime has ranged from means well but a bit rubbish to appalling and in a couple of cases plain bonkers!
Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 11:44 - Mar 21 with 4376 viewsHerbivore

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 11:41 - Mar 21 by Churchman

I lumped Brown mainly in for his incompetence as Chancellor so you are right, maybe that was harsh so I withdraw him from the list of shame! However amongst other mess ups (such as the ‘Brown bottom’) he did split financial regulation between the BofE and new FSA which meant in reality zero regulation and the banks could do as they pleased. Credit for the saving of the financial system for me goes to Alistair Darling - the best chancellor in decades and the one with the sensible plan to dig the uk out of its debt mountain as opposed to that piece of work Gideon.
Other incompetents include Edward Heath and Jim Callaghan, but the reality is that the line up in my lifetime has ranged from means well but a bit rubbish to appalling and in a couple of cases plain bonkers!

In my lifetime the worst three have been Thatcher, Cameron and May. Hard to put them in order as they've all been hugely destructive but in different ways.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 12:01 - Mar 21 with 4355 viewsWeWereZombies

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 11:41 - Mar 21 by Churchman

I always rate Callaghan as the worst Prime Minister purely because he laid the ground for Thatcher to get elected.

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 13:10 - Mar 21 with 4331 viewsBackToRussia

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Worst. Prime Minister. Ever. on 13:36 - Mar 21 with 4310 viewsnever_lose_the_faith

I am by no way a may fan, but she has come into power and one of the hardest times in modern history. I think all politicians need to take blame aswell, they are all an embarrassment to our country. All they care about is themselves and own political agenda
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024