Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilary Benn nails it.... 17:31 - Mar 20 with 5121 viewshomer_123

He says the story of the last two and three quarter years is a "story of indulgence of a section of the Tory party".

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:33 - Mar 20 with 1197 viewsSpruceMoose

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:32 - Mar 20 by Ryorry

...is the right answer, you upvote-seeking glory-hunter!

I'll take a scratch behind the ears too.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:35 - Mar 20 with 1194 viewsChampionship

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:26 - Mar 20 by peterleeblue

Anyone who votes Tory and doesn't have at least £250k in the bank is a complete and utter moron.
The working man is so under represented in this country its unbelievable.

What a stupid thing to say. Another sweeping statement with no basis.
Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:35 - Mar 20 with 1187 viewsSpruceMoose

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:35 - Mar 20 by Championship

What a stupid thing to say. Another sweeping statement with no basis.

You think the Tory party work for the betterment of the working person? Oh my sweet summer child.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:37 - Mar 20 with 1183 viewsChampionship

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:35 - Mar 20 by SpruceMoose

You think the Tory party work for the betterment of the working person? Oh my sweet summer child.

That is a different debate. Do you think anyone without £250k who votes Tory is a moron? Especially at the moment when the leader of the opposition doesn't turn up to a meeting on Brexit, 9 days before we're supposed to leave.
Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:55 - Mar 20 with 1166 viewsWeWereZombies

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 19:51 - Mar 20 by Ryorry

Really? just said, as in since 7.30pm? That would be remarkable. Did he say or give a hint that he'd spoken with other MPs across both main parties?

It was on the BBC rolling news feed thing their website that keeps spewing out snippets of news, like Theresa May saying the same old thing at 20:30. Sanity will not prevail, not sure I will return to the United Kingdom at this rate.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:58 - Mar 20 with 1164 viewspeterleeblue

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:28 - Mar 20 by Ryorry

What about non-working women?

Good point and my apologies!
Hilary Benn nails it.... on 21:04 - Mar 20 with 1159 viewspeterleeblue

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:37 - Mar 20 by Championship

That is a different debate. Do you think anyone without £250k who votes Tory is a moron? Especially at the moment when the leader of the opposition doesn't turn up to a meeting on Brexit, 9 days before we're supposed to leave.

The whole Brexit debate and being played out so vividly has not really shown any politicians in any great light IMO.
Any labour leader worth his salt would have cleaned up in these circumstances. However this whole Brexit charade is one completely ill or not thought debacle that should never have been so recklessly put up for referendum which in turn was championed by the likes of Farage who played into "it cant get any worse" "time for a change" floating voters. The rest is history.
Hilary Benn nails it.... on 21:05 - Mar 20 with 1158 viewsRyorry

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:55 - Mar 20 by WeWereZombies

It was on the BBC rolling news feed thing their website that keeps spewing out snippets of news, like Theresa May saying the same old thing at 20:30. Sanity will not prevail, not sure I will return to the United Kingdom at this rate.

"Sanity will not prevail"

Sadly, you're probably right, but hope you come back anyway (if you were serious).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 22:03 - Mar 20 with 1129 viewsEireannach_gorm

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 17:41 - Mar 20 by Ryorry

A sh1tbag of clusterf*cks. My fav new phrase

You can't beat gobsh1te.
I am trying to think of a collective name though....... a slurry?.......a scour?....... a purge?.....a clusterfuc%?
Hilary Benn nails it.... on 22:09 - Mar 20 with 1123 viewspickles110564

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 17:37 - Mar 20 by Darth_Koont

Agreed. This is a decade of sh!tbaggery to appease utter c0cks.

But you still want Scottish Independence, the loss of the pound and a border between us and you?
Hilary Benn nails it.... on 22:42 - Mar 20 with 1081 viewsjeera

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 20:37 - Mar 20 by Championship

It is a different debate, as is this:

"Especially at the moment when the leader of the opposition doesn't turn up to a meeting on Brexit, 9 days before we're supposed to leave."

People seem unable to discuss one thing at a time and again on this thread in no time there's posters banging on about Corbyn.

No wonder nothing ever gets resolved.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 23:14 - Mar 20 with 1066 viewsRyorry

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 22:03 - Mar 20 by Eireannach_gorm

You can't beat gobsh1te.
I am trying to think of a collective name though....... a slurry?.......a scour?....... a purge?.....a clusterfuc%?

A slurrypit?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 23:25 - Mar 20 with 1057 viewswellhungphil

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 17:33 - Mar 20 by Herbivore

Can't disagree with that. Although arguably it goes back further to the decision to put a referendum in the 2015 manifesto.

Agree that it was this "decision" which precipitated the calamity we have hitherto witnessed.

Why was this decision made, though? Here in the UK, you have a first-past-the-post election system which, metaphorically, allows a rather large tumour to go practically unnoticed until it's too late, or about to be too late.

2010 Election:

Party - Seats - # of votes:
=
Tory - 306 - 10,703,754
Labour - 258 - 8,609,527
Lib Dems - 57 - 6,836,824
UKIP - 0 - 919,546
BNP - 0 - 564,331

====

2015 Election:

Party - Seats - # of votes:
=
Tory - 330 - 11,299,609
Labour - 232 - 9,347,273
Lib Dems - 8 - 2,415,916
UKIP - 1 - 3,881,099
BNP n/a

I believe it can be argued that by passively silencing the more extreme-leaning parties, a silent menace was created. I think that if UKIP was in parliament with accountable MP's, at least somewhat proportionally represented by the % population which had voted for them, it would have been easier to interrogate them and potentially lessen their influence.

Instead we had David Cameron & Co. worried about UKIP's increasing growth and hence the promise "we'll give you a referendum on remain/leave" in an attempt to undermine UKIP's central policy by actively promoting it (based on the assumption that Brexit would be voted down).

=
I might as well mention too that I'm neither pro nor anti Brexit, and I've never voted, neither here nor in my native Ireland. Ireland has proportional representation but also a highly corruptible electoral system and I won't play cards with cheats or idiots who rig the game.
Hilary Benn nails it.... on 23:43 - Mar 20 with 1032 viewsXYZ

Hilary Benn nails it.... on 17:44 - Mar 20 by Radlett_blue

So you think it was fine for Labour to fight a general election with a policy of leaving the EU, but then to do the opposite?
If they wanted to oppose Brexit, fair enough, but they should have said so at the election.

Utter b*llocks.

1. Their manifesto didn't get elected.
2. Oppositions that don't get elected have no "locked-in" commitments.
3. They were never approached for consultation on the biggest constitutional question for 40 years (at least).
4. They haven't opposed Brexit any more than JRM's band of charlatans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024