Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent summary of European perspective 07:06 - Mar 21 with 3445 viewsgordon

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/20/pathetic-incoherent-chaotic-eur

Half decent summary of European perspective on 07:18 - Mar 21 with 3020 viewsDarth_Koont

Very good. And contains some savage home truths.

"Brexit has revealed a country ... startlingly ignorant of the workings of an organisation it has belonged to for nearly 50 years."

That's the key right there. We literally don't know what we're doing or why. And that's before we try to find compromises that just aren't in our foolish, one-eyed political nature.

Pronouns: He/Him

Half decent summary of European perspective on 08:17 - Mar 21 with 2964 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Half decent summary of European perspective on 07:18 - Mar 21 by Darth_Koont

Very good. And contains some savage home truths.

"Brexit has revealed a country ... startlingly ignorant of the workings of an organisation it has belonged to for nearly 50 years."

That's the key right there. We literally don't know what we're doing or why. And that's before we try to find compromises that just aren't in our foolish, one-eyed political nature.

It has been an utter mess from start to finish. But I don't really think any other country would have been capable of sorting such a complex issue.

It doesn't help when campaigners lied to people about how easy it would be to leave the EU.

It's worked out very well for the EU, can't see many other countries following our example now.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Half decent summary of European perspective on 08:20 - Mar 21 with 2959 viewsTractorWood

Half decent summary of European perspective on 08:17 - Mar 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

It has been an utter mess from start to finish. But I don't really think any other country would have been capable of sorting such a complex issue.

It doesn't help when campaigners lied to people about how easy it would be to leave the EU.

It's worked out very well for the EU, can't see many other countries following our example now.

Agree. We will just be an anecdotal example of why the notion of leaving the EU once already a member is totally pointless and is just effectively a massive admin exercise with no benefits.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Half decent summary of European perspective on 08:38 - Mar 21 with 2925 viewsFixed_It

In other words - one-nil and we fecked it up!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Half decent summary of European perspective on 08:56 - Mar 21 with 2900 viewsDarth_Koont

Half decent summary of European perspective on 08:17 - Mar 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

I think other countries would have taken it all a lot more seriously from the start.

Critically, in order to come up with a solution you have to define the problem. In fact, that's most of the job of coming up with any solution. But on that score, we haven't even started,

Pronouns: He/Him

Half decent summary of European perspective on 08:58 - Mar 21 with 2894 viewsMattinLondon

Half decent summary of European perspective on 08:38 - Mar 21 by Fixed_It

And at full time Boris and co not bothering to acknowledge the fans but instead calling their agents straight away demanding a transfer.
Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:24 - Mar 21 with 2856 viewsBlueBadger

Half decent summary of European perspective on 08:38 - Mar 21 by Fixed_It

Not even that, a Lambert-esque Improved Performance which has seen us coming second best in ignominious fashion but we passed it around nicely in our half for a while.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:27 - Mar 21 with 2855 viewsBlueBadger

We've been short on all sorts of vital kit and medications where I work for the last couple of weeks.
Enjoy your blue passports boyos, as Chico might say.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47646193?SThisFB&fbclid=IwAR2wjsBJ8ok_M8DF-Gi-

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Login to get fewer ads

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:27 - Mar 21 with 2855 viewsHerbivore

That is utterly damning. Our politicians should be ashamed and those who campaigned for Brexit on a web of lies should be held to account.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:28 - Mar 21 with 2853 viewsMattinLondon

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:27 - Mar 21 by BlueBadger

We've been short on all sorts of vital kit and medications where I work for the last couple of weeks.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47646193?SThisFB&fbclid=IwAR2wjsBJ8ok_M8DF-Gi-

So as long as we stay fully fit there’s need to worry?
Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:32 - Mar 21 with 2846 viewsBlueBadger

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:28 - Mar 21 by MattinLondon

So as long as we stay fully fit there’s need to worry?

All those over 55, high blood-pressured, diabetic, unfit gammons with dicky knees might still get some karma.
Us healthy young remainers are looking good here.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 9:33]

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:38 - Mar 21 with 2836 viewsWithnail

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:27 - Mar 21 by BlueBadger

Great planning by the NHS again?

Don't worry, the private sector have got your back. We're ready to go!
Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:42 - Mar 21 with 2819 viewsWithnail

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:32 - Mar 21 by BlueBadger

All those over 55, high blood-pressured, diabetic, unfit gammons with dicky knees might still get some karma.
Us healthy young remainers are looking good here.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 9:33]

When youre cleaning the balls of a Brexiteer, will you use the rough flannel?
Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:47 - Mar 21 with 2809 viewswkj

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:42 - Mar 21 by Withnail

When youre cleaning the balls of a Brexiteer, will you use the rough flannel?

What an oxymoron, a brexiteer having balls

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:54 - Mar 21 with 2791 viewsWithnail

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:47 - Mar 21 by wkj

Remainers have bigger balls by wanting to stay in the EU?

Okaaaaaay.
Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:56 - Mar 21 with 2784 viewswkj

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:54 - Mar 21 by Withnail

Okaaaaaay.

Oh look you took it to heart, point proven

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Half decent summary of European perspective on 10:00 - Mar 21 with 2777 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't know. Many other countries in Europe have a more mature approach to politics and are better equipped to reach a consensus.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Half decent summary of European perspective on 10:01 - Mar 21 with 2773 viewsHerbivore

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:47 - Mar 21 by wkj

Think the 'oxy' part of that post is superfluous.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Half decent summary of European perspective on 16:28 - Mar 21 with 2695 viewsBlueBadger

Half decent summary of European perspective on 09:54 - Mar 21 by Withnail

Okaaaaaay.

I'm not sure that continuing to insist that sh1tting yourself in public was a good idea is the act of a 'brave' man...

Half decent summary of European perspective on 16:42 - Mar 21 with 2680 viewsWeWereZombies

That's an awkward read. The advice about having a plan before you start something especially so.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Half decent summary of European perspective on 17:40 - Mar 21 with 2650 viewscaught-in-limbo

The Guardian fails to name the man on May's left in the first picture. That's Olly Robbins her adviser/handler.

"At Oxford, Robbins was president of the Oxford Reform Club, a group promoting a federal European Union." source: wiki

There you go. It's incoherent and pathetic only to those who honestly think the government has been trying to negotiate a Brexit deal for the last 3 years.

This isn't bad from the BBC:

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Half decent summary of European perspective on 17:42 - Mar 21 with 2646 viewsSpruceMoose

Half decent summary of European perspective on 17:40 - Mar 21 by caught-in-limbo

The Guardian fails to name the man on May's left in the first picture. That's Olly Robbins her adviser/handler.

"At Oxford, Robbins was president of the Oxford Reform Club, a group promoting a federal European Union." source: wiki

There you go. It's incoherent and pathetic only to those who honestly think the government has been trying to negotiate a Brexit deal for the last 3 years.

This isn't bad from the BBC:

When are we going to actually get to remain then? They don't seem to be doing a very good job of keeping us in, if that is their aim!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Half decent summary of European perspective on 17:45 - Mar 21 with 2642 viewscaught-in-limbo

Half decent summary of European perspective on 17:42 - Mar 21 by SpruceMoose

When are we going to actually get to remain then? They don't seem to be doing a very good job of keeping us in, if that is their aim!

They're doing a great job. They have to pay lip service to democracy and they have to create chaos in the process. I've explained it all in previous posts.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Half decent summary of European perspective on 17:48 - Mar 21 with 2633 viewsSpruceMoose

Half decent summary of European perspective on 17:45 - Mar 21 by caught-in-limbo

They're doing a great job. They have to pay lip service to democracy and they have to create chaos in the process. I've explained it all in previous posts.

Excellent. About time we had some positive news around these parts!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Half decent summary of European perspective on 17:50 - Mar 21 with 2630 viewsm14_blue

Half decent summary of European perspective on 17:45 - Mar 21 by caught-in-limbo

You have to admit though, they’re doing a blooming superb job of pretending to be clueless buffoons...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024