Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sign the petition people and let's get back to actually 10:58 - Mar 21 with 25766 viewsunstableblue

... trying to run our country and improve it, based on being in a solid trading block.

Brexit is a dead duck, that was mis-sold. There is no resolution that is worth the negatives. Lets get back in Europe and be a strong reforming voice.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

If you think Brexit can be solved in anything under 5 to 7 years you are misguided. We haven't even started the process in anger.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Oi Unstable on 22:05 - Mar 21 with 3653 viewsWeWereZombies

Oi Unstable on 21:48 - Mar 21 by wkj

If i recall correctly the largest gov petition was 4.2m which was the Oliver Healey petition calling for a 2nd referendum if there was less than a 60% majority and under 75% turnout.

The resulting action of that petition is fairly obvious without the need to look it up

Needless to say that would be a benchmark of sorts.

Well, the petition exceeding 100,000 does now mean that the House has to debate it.

Unfortunately the debate on the 4.2 million petition was led by my MP, Ian Blackford, and when I read the Hansard proceedings I gave up on him for ever. I expected him to talk about Scottish nationalism and would have accepted quarter of an hour or so on that but it was all he talked about. In effect the majority of the 4.2 million who requested the debate were misrepresented. Chukka and Caroline Lucas obviously knew what was going to happen and had a debate of their own on damage limitation lines. The deputy speaker and another Tory MP continually challenged Blackford to get on track with what he was supposed to be doing and for once in my life I was cheering Tories.

We can only hope that this time a sensible MP is chosen to lead the debate, Caroline Lucas would be the best bet, and that the contributors give the subject some substance and meaningful dialogue. That's a hope and not an expectation.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Oi Unstable on 22:05 - Mar 21 with 3653 viewsSpruceMoose

Oi Unstable on 22:01 - Mar 21 by Pecker

That didn't.

Pecker. You're talking to yourself pal. Time for night nights?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Oi Unstable on 22:07 - Mar 21 with 3643 viewswkj

Oi Unstable on 22:05 - Mar 21 by SpruceMoose

Pecker. You're talking to yourself pal. Time for night nights?

Whatever fergal medicates himself with, has been introduced into Pecker's system - im beginning to think they actually did meet and fergal is travelling the globe in a sloop

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Oi Unstable on 22:08 - Mar 21 with 3640 viewsfooters

Oi Unstable on 22:07 - Mar 21 by wkj

Whatever fergal medicates himself with, has been introduced into Pecker's system - im beginning to think they actually did meet and fergal is travelling the globe in a sloop

Hot take: Pecker and Fergal are one and the same.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Oi Unstable on 22:11 - Mar 21 with 3623 viewswkj

Oi Unstable on 22:08 - Mar 21 by footers

Hot take: Pecker and Fergal are one and the same.

So Pecker is Fergal, Glassers and... i forget the other one

Crybaby

Oi Unstable on 22:12 - Mar 21 with 3619 viewsPecker

Oi Unstable on 22:07 - Mar 21 by wkj

Fergal is a charlatan.
Oi Unstable on 22:13 - Mar 21 with 3613 viewswkj

Oi Unstable on 22:12 - Mar 21 by Pecker

Fergal is a charlatan.

What does supporting Charlton have to do with anything

Crybaby

Oi Unstable on 22:14 - Mar 21 with 3607 viewsfooters

Fergal is a charlatan.

Martin Blunt, Tim Burgess, Mark Collins or Tony Rogers?

Login to get fewer ads

Oi Unstable on 22:16 - Mar 21 with 3602 viewsWeWereZombies

Fergal is a charlatan.

Oh great, now I am picturing feargal as looking like Tim Burgess.

Oi Unstable on 22:17 - Mar 21 with 3599 viewsPecker

Oi Unstable on 22:16 - Mar 21 by WeWereZombies

Oh great, now I am picturing feargal as looking like Tim Burgess.

Nighty night all. Its been fun.
Oi Unstable on 23:10 - Mar 21 with 3551 viewsunstableblue

Oi Unstable on 21:40 - Mar 21 by WeWereZombies

Please take J2 off ignore and he will sign the petition.

Which is now heading for 1.7 million, doubt it will make 2 million by midnight but the way things are going it might get to 4 million before 29th March. I know it is not 17.2 million but it does show that there are plenty of us left.

Over 2 million now!!

Who is this J2 you speak of?

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

TWO MILLION PLUS NOW (n/t) on 23:10 - Mar 21 with 3549 viewsunstableblue

Sign the petition people and let's get back to actually on 18:33 - Mar 21 by boysof1981

Awwww bless.

Oi Unstable on 23:16 - Mar 21 with 3528 viewsJ2BLUE

Oi Unstable on 23:10 - Mar 21 by unstableblue

Over 2 million now!!

You're dead to me

*refuses to sign*

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Oi Unstable on 23:20 - Mar 21 with 3519 viewsfooters

Oi Unstable on 23:16 - Mar 21 by J2BLUE

You're dead to me

*refuses to sign*

J6 or whatever his name is is a board legend in correcting his misteaks.

Vote now, think later- that's my motto :)

Oi Unstable on 23:22 - Mar 21 with 3515 viewsJ2BLUE

Oi Unstable on 23:20 - Mar 21 by footers

J6 or whatever his name is is a board legend in correcting his misteaks.

Vote now, think later- that's my motto :)

Unstable has an hour to unblock me or I will sign the counter petition

Truly impaired.

Oi Unstable on 23:25 - Mar 21 with 3507 viewsWeWereZombies

Oi Unstable on 23:10 - Mar 21 by unstableblue

Over 2 million now!!

J2BLUE reckons you have him on ignore.

Oi Unstable on 23:30 - Mar 21 with 3500 viewsunstableblue

Oi Unstable on 23:22 - Mar 21 by J2BLUE

Unstable has an hour to unblock me or I will sign the counter petition

Sorry J2 I must have done that a long long time ago. It is removed - I SEE YOU

Oi Unstable on 23:36 - Mar 21 with 3491 viewsJ2BLUE

Oi Unstable on 23:30 - Mar 21 by unstableblue

Sorry J2 I must have done that a long long time ago. It is removed - I SEE YOU

Cheers!

Truly impaired.

Oi Unstable on 23:41 - Mar 21 with 3486 viewsJ2BLUE

Oi Unstable on 23:36 - Mar 21 by J2BLUE

Cheers!

Truly impaired.

Oi Unstable on 23:50 - Mar 21 with 3471 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Oi Unstable on 22:05 - Mar 21 by WeWereZombies

Well, the petition exceeding 100,000 does now mean that the House has to debate it.

Unfortunately the debate on the 4.2 million petition was led by my MP, Ian Blackford, and when I read the Hansard proceedings I gave up on him for ever. I expected him to talk about Scottish nationalism and would have accepted quarter of an hour or so on that but it was all he talked about. In effect the majority of the 4.2 million who requested the debate were misrepresented. Chukka and Caroline Lucas obviously knew what was going to happen and had a debate of their own on damage limitation lines. The deputy speaker and another Tory MP continually challenged Blackford to get on track with what he was supposed to be doing and for once in my life I was cheering Tories.

We can only hope that this time a sensible MP is chosen to lead the debate, Caroline Lucas would be the best bet, and that the contributors give the subject some substance and meaningful dialogue. That's a hope and not an expectation.

Unfortunately, the parliamentary process is such that these things get debated but that is it.

It would take a will from the Government to get a vote on anything. The size of the petition should be a sign of the strength of feeling but how many names are needed to suggest there is sufficient support for May to take notice?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

e-petitions on 00:02 - Mar 22 with 3458 viewsWeWereZombies

Oi Unstable on 23:50 - Mar 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Unfortunately, the parliamentary process is such that these things get debated but that is it.

It would take a will from the Government to get a vote on anything. The size of the petition should be a sign of the strength of feeling but how many names are needed to suggest there is sufficient support for May to take notice?

Actually I was wrong when I said Parliament have to debate it, it gets referred to a committee who decide if it gets tabled for debate, I guess it then depends on who leads the debate and whether the timing is right for it to generate traction in the parliamentary process. But this is already a big one and at a critical time. Together with the demonstrations planned for this weekend it could put a bit of fire in the bellies of MPs who have wilted under the crud spewed out by their whips.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 0:05]

Oi Unstable on 00:05 - Mar 22 with 3455 viewsRyorry

Oi Unstable on 23:50 - Mar 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

What's really needed is for this unofficial 2nd referendum to be signed by a greater number of people than voted to leave in 2016. If that happened, those who voted Leave originally couldn't really then argue that we should stick by what the majority in 2016 wanted, as that would demonstrably have changed in light of what we've since discovered about the harm Brexit would do to the UK.

So we'd get to remain, and whilst there might be some civil unrest, it'd be greatly reduced because it would constantly be pointed out that the majority view had actually changed. It'd completely sort the argument for a 2nd Ref, which would in practice have been impossible to go ahead with.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 0:10]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024