Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orwell Ahead 13:32 - Mar 21 with 1698 viewsGeoffSentence

Anyone seen this organisation?

https://www.orwellahead.co.uk/

Nice to have someone actually promoting Ipswich and the local area. There are too many Ipswich knockers around, so it is great to have someone standing up for the town.

That said, whilst I like a lot of what they stand for, I don't agree with pushing for the Northern Bypass, so I will give them a miss.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2019 13:47]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Orwell Ahead on 13:35 - Mar 21 with 1678 viewsSpruceMoose

Ipswich knockers, eh?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Orwell Ahead on 13:38 - Mar 21 with 1665 viewsSwansea_Blue

Looks good. Are they right about there being no single voice on development issues? Surely the various organisations must come together in some way through a single vehicle, like an economic forum or similar?

You can never have too many knockers though!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Orwell Ahead on 14:43 - Mar 21 with 1604 viewsBluespeed225

Orwell Ahead on 13:38 - Mar 21 by Swansea_Blue

Looks good. Are they right about there being no single voice on development issues? Surely the various organisations must come together in some way through a single vehicle, like an economic forum or similar?

You can never have too many knockers though!

Yup, correct on all fronts. There is no single voice, hence Ipswich getting pulled apart and shafted by Babergh, Suffolk Coastal, and SCC itself. Multiple quangos running the Town Center, and political division between the Rural Mafia of monied Suffolk Tories led by Dr Dan and Lord Deben Gummer, surrounding Labour, blue collar Ipswich. The ‘Cesspit’ comment showing the true colours, and yet they all depend on Ipswich services, hospital etc. Unitary Rule must come. Oh, and the main man is a big Town fan!
Orwell Ahead on 15:02 - Mar 21 with 1590 viewsLord_Lucan

Not pushing for a northern bypass is a very backward way of thinking. Norwich was without a mile of dual carriageway not many moons ago and now it has a fantastic road system and the city is booming.

If Ipswich is to compete it needs to get goods and people from A to B

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Orwell Ahead on 15:07 - Mar 21 with 1576 viewsGeoffSentence

Orwell Ahead on 15:02 - Mar 21 by Lord_Lucan

Not pushing for a northern bypass is a very backward way of thinking. Norwich was without a mile of dual carriageway not many moons ago and now it has a fantastic road system and the city is booming.

If Ipswich is to compete it needs to get goods and people from A to B

Ipswich already has the A14 and A12. They need upgrading sure, something that should take prioity over a northern bypass.

Orwell Ahead on 15:09 - Mar 21 with 1572 viewsgiant_stow

Just had a quick scan - those bastads must have read my post on that road yesterday - thieves. Credit to them for getting that site up so fast though.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Orwell Ahead on 15:49 - Mar 21 with 1541 viewsLord_Lucan

Orwell Ahead on 15:07 - Mar 21 by GeoffSentence

Ipswich already has the A14 and A12. They need upgrading sure, something that should take prioity over a northern bypass.

Absolutely no way

A12 and A14 are functioning although there is a strong argument for an M12. Ipswich needs a complete arterial road otherwise it will stagnate.

IMHO of course.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Orwell Ahead on 15:53 - Mar 21 with 1532 viewsSwansea_Blue

Orwell Ahead on 14:43 - Mar 21 by Bluespeed225

Yup, correct on all fronts. There is no single voice, hence Ipswich getting pulled apart and shafted by Babergh, Suffolk Coastal, and SCC itself. Multiple quangos running the Town Center, and political division between the Rural Mafia of monied Suffolk Tories led by Dr Dan and Lord Deben Gummer, surrounding Labour, blue collar Ipswich. The ‘Cesspit’ comment showing the true colours, and yet they all depend on Ipswich services, hospital etc. Unitary Rule must come. Oh, and the main man is a big Town fan!

Interesting, thanks. It's been years since I moved away and I wasn't that interested in this kind of stuff at the time. Sounds like it's a worthwhile venture then.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Orwell Ahead on 16:02 - Mar 21 with 1517 viewsPinewoodblue

Orwell Ahead on 15:07 - Mar 21 by GeoffSentence

We do need a northern bypass the Orwell Bridge carries significantly higher levels of traffic than anticipated 30+ years ago.

The only potential problem is that a northern bypass is likely to lead to infill between the new road and the northern outskirts of greater Ipswich. This would lead to increase commuter traffic on all roads into Town from the north.

Yes the A12 and A14 need upgrading think A12 from M25 to Colchester increase fully to three lanes is already in the pipeline.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Orwell Ahead on 16:26 - Mar 21 with 1486 viewsGeoffSentence

Orwell Ahead on 16:02 - Mar 21 by Pinewoodblue

We do need a northern bypass the Orwell Bridge carries significantly higher levels of traffic than anticipated 30+ years ago.

The only potential problem is that a northern bypass is likely to lead to infill between the new road and the northern outskirts of greater Ipswich. This would lead to increase commuter traffic on all roads into Town from the north.

Yes the A12 and A14 need upgrading think A12 from M25 to Colchester increase fully to three lanes is already in the pipeline.

Personally I think the large amounts of money that it would cost could be much better spent elsewhere.

But lets get away from the bypass, what do you make of the rest of their agenda and general approach to bigging up Ipswich?

Orwell Ahead on 16:27 - Mar 21 with 1480 viewsGeoffSentence

Orwell Ahead on 15:49 - Mar 21 by Lord_Lucan

Absolutely no way

A12 and A14 are functioning although there is a strong argument for an M12. Ipswich needs a complete arterial road otherwise it will stagnate.

IMHO of course.

Yeah, I know we disagree on the need for a northern bypass, and I wish I hadn't mentioned it because it is proving to be a distraction from the wider manifesto that they have.

Orwell Ahead on 17:15 - Mar 21 with 1451 viewsLord_Lucan

Orwell Ahead on 16:27 - Mar 21 by GeoffSentence

Yeah, I know we disagree on the need for a northern bypass, and I wish I hadn't mentioned it because it is proving to be a distraction from the wider manifesto that they have.

I think the whole thing is good.

IBC should have control of Greater Ipswich and the satellite towns should be included in our population.

Orwell Ahead on 20:49 - Mar 21 with 1382 viewsPinewoodblue

Orwell Ahead on 16:26 - Mar 21 by GeoffSentence

Personally I think the large amounts of money that it would cost could be much better spent elsewhere.

But lets get away from the bypass, what do you make of the rest of their agenda and general approach to bigging up Ipswich?

Talk a lot of sense. i would extend Greater Ipswich to the West to take in Shotley peninsula and a good chunk of Babergh perhaps as far as Essex border, all land coastside of A12.. Think politically it would be a hung council with no overall control for either of the main parties.

The current set up where Suffolk CC make a lot of the decisions on matters that only affect Ipswich is not in anyones interest.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024