Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 22:38 - Mar 21 with 4810 viewsJ2BLUE

The outrage on Question Time is going to be goooooooood

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 22:43 - Mar 21 with 3539 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Within 3 minutes it is now over 2M.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:09 - Mar 21 with 3477 viewsbaxterbasics

So how many of those are actually British Citizens?

Unless we know for sure, it is utterly meaningless.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:23 - Mar 21 with 3437 viewsWeWereZombies

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:09 - Mar 21 by baxterbasics

If you have done your duty and signed the petition you will know that there is a request for your name, email, where you are in the world and what your post code is. You then have to click on a link in an email you receive in the email account you gave for your vote to be counted. Maybe not fail safe but secure enough, 99% at least of the two plus million are genuine.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:25 - Mar 21 with 3423 viewsSpruceMoose

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:09 - Mar 21 by baxterbasics

You sound worried bud.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:26 - Mar 21 with 3425 viewsvapour_trail

Quite enjoying De Oirish on QT.

Sinn Fein have sent along one of their competents. The DUP have sent one of their big guns. DUP getting a right kicking.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:27 - Mar 21 with 3419 viewsbaxterbasics

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:23 - Mar 21 by WeWereZombies

If you have done your duty and signed the petition you will know that there is a request for your name, email, where you are in the world and what your post code is. You then have to click on a link in an email you receive in the email account you gave for your vote to be counted. Maybe not fail safe but secure enough, 99% at least of the two plus million are genuine.

I have signed other petitions, I know how it works. All it proves is that the signer of the petition is likely a real person and not some autobot. I'm sure they are all genuine people, but I bet my right nut there is a sizeable minority at least that aren't even UK voters signing that petition.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:37 - Mar 21 with 3389 viewsSpruceMoose

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:27 - Mar 21 by baxterbasics

I have signed other petitions, I know how it works. All it proves is that the signer of the petition is likely a real person and not some autobot. I'm sure they are all genuine people, but I bet my right nut there is a sizeable minority at least that aren't even UK voters signing that petition.

Even if that were true, it wouldn't come close to cancelling out all the foreign influence in the referendum itself!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:41 - Mar 21 with 3370 viewsWeWereZombies

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:27 - Mar 21 by baxterbasics

You were saying British citizens a minute ago, I think there are safeguards to make sure that the signees are British, However whether they are entitled to vote may be a more difficult thing to establish. There again, it seems that all that is needed is an electronic signature from a British citizen so, for example, schoolchildren could add their name to a petition asking for action on an issue - which is not necessarily a bad thing.

https://www.parliament.uk/get-involved/sign-a-petition/e-petitions/

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:45 - Mar 21 with 3358 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:41 - Mar 21 by WeWereZombies

You were saying British citizens a minute ago, I think there are safeguards to make sure that the signees are British, However whether they are entitled to vote may be a more difficult thing to establish. There again, it seems that all that is needed is an electronic signature from a British citizen so, for example, schoolchildren could add their name to a petition asking for action on an issue - which is not necessarily a bad thing.

I had (perhaps naively) assumed that the reason for giving your name and postcode was that it could be checked against the electoral roll.

Of course, it wouldn't stop someone falsely signing for a name they know exists on the electoral at a certain postcode. They would clearly need a separate e-mail address for each time they did so. Makes you wonder why there isn't a 2M-strong petition in favour of the Government leaving on a no deal if it is so easy to falsify. I suppose they are all too busy on the march.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:46 - Mar 21 with 3351 viewsSpruceMoose

And of course, this petition is one of few ways a teenager can express an opinion on the whole sorry affair in a more formal way.

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:50 - Mar 21 with 3332 viewsXYZ

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:45 - Mar 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

I had (perhaps naively) assumed that the reason for giving your name and postcode was that it could be checked against the electoral roll.

Of course, it wouldn't stop someone falsely signing for a name they know exists on the electoral at a certain postcode. They would clearly need a separate e-mail address for each time they did so. Makes you wonder why there isn't a 2M-strong petition in favour of the Government leaving on a no deal if it is so easy to falsify. I suppose they are all too busy on the march.

The Gammonball run?
Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:52 - Mar 21 with 3328 viewsEireannach_gorm

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 23:45 - Mar 21 by Nthsuffolkblue

Meoooooww!!!!
Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:27 - Mar 22 with 3099 viewsLeaky

Only 15.5 million to go then
Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:29 - Mar 22 with 3092 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

London is a big old place isn't it.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:35 - Mar 22 with 3074 viewsZedRodgers

I've seen Farage highlighting that the source code indicates 12 people have signed it in Russia. According to him this is "Russian collusion". The man who attempted to collude with other countries to overrule our democracy doesn't seem to understand that 12 British people could currently be in Russia.

Since his tweet, people have pointed out that they have signed it as British people living in the EU or the rest of the world, as they're perfectly entitled to. >96% of the signatories are from within the UK and yes, perhaps some of them are younger than 18. Will of the people and all that.

No, not at the moment

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:37 - Mar 22 with 3055 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:35 - Mar 22 by ZedRodgers

I've seen Farage highlighting that the source code indicates 12 people have signed it in Russia. According to him this is "Russian collusion". The man who attempted to collude with other countries to overrule our democracy doesn't seem to understand that 12 British people could currently be in Russia.

Since his tweet, people have pointed out that they have signed it as British people living in the EU or the rest of the world, as they're perfectly entitled to. >96% of the signatories are from within the UK and yes, perhaps some of them are younger than 18. Will of the people and all that.

I see that Kim Jong Un has voted too.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:38 - Mar 22 with 3052 viewsnoggin

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:35 - Mar 22 by ZedRodgers

Is he saying that the Russians want us to stay in the EU now?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:39 - Mar 22 with 3044 viewsHerbivore

If only the leavers had been so concerned about the integrity of our democracy 3 years ago.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:43 - Mar 22 with 3032 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

As with the petition that followed the vote, I just don’t understand what this proves or anyone thinks it will achieve

We already know huge numbers are against leaving the EU - that was evident when 17m-odd people voted not to leave during the referendum

By the same token, we also know that a large number of people feel strongly about leaving - and just because there isn’t a petition that has gained traction advocating leave doesn’t mean that isn’t the case

Ultimately the country was given the opportunity to vote on whether to leave the EU or not - and the majority voted to leave. There are of course valid arguments to having a re-run now we know what we do now, but I tend to agree that giving the country a vote on something (and whilst not binding, the implication was clear that the result would happen) and then not delivering is a very dangerous road to go down. Better that we make the best of the decision IMO

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:49 - Mar 22 with 3010 viewsitfcjoe

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:43 - Mar 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

As with the petition that followed the vote, I just don’t understand what this proves or anyone thinks it will achieve

We already know huge numbers are against leaving the EU - that was evident when 17m-odd people voted not to leave during the referendum

By the same token, we also know that a large number of people feel strongly about leaving - and just because there isn’t a petition that has gained traction advocating leave doesn’t mean that isn’t the case

Ultimately the country was given the opportunity to vote on whether to leave the EU or not - and the majority voted to leave. There are of course valid arguments to having a re-run now we know what we do now, but I tend to agree that giving the country a vote on something (and whilst not binding, the implication was clear that the result would happen) and then not delivering is a very dangerous road to go down. Better that we make the best of the decision IMO

It was done in response to May's speech:

"You, the public, have had enough.

"You are tired of the infighting, tired of the political games and the arcane procedural rows, tired of MPs talking about nothing else but Brexit when you have real concerns about our children's schools, our National Health Service, knife crime.

"You want this stage of the Brexit process to be over and done with. I agree. I am on your side."

TO say, you aren't talking for us, you are not on our side - your attempt to claim we should do this because people are bored of the process is totally wrong.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:50 - Mar 22 with 3010 viewschiddley

So let me get this right... those who lost in a referendum believe they can influence that decision via a government petition.....

Lolalola lolz

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:52 - Mar 22 with 2996 viewsWithnail

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:50 - Mar 22 by chiddley

So let me get this right... those who lost in a referendum believe they can influence that decision via a government petition.....

Lolalola lolz

Brexit is the gift that keeps giving.

What a load of sandwiches.
Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:55 - Mar 22 with 2985 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:49 - Mar 22 by itfcjoe

It was done in response to May's speech:

"You, the public, have had enough.

"You are tired of the infighting, tired of the political games and the arcane procedural rows, tired of MPs talking about nothing else but Brexit when you have real concerns about our children's schools, our National Health Service, knife crime.

"You want this stage of the Brexit process to be over and done with. I agree. I am on your side."

TO say, you aren't talking for us, you are not on our side - your attempt to claim we should do this because people are bored of the process is totally wrong.

The petition specifically argues that Brexit is not the will of the people - however a referendum was held on that specific subject which confirmed that it was indeed the will of a majority of people

I’m very much in the remain would have been best camp, but the referendum has been done and the genie is out of the bottle - so has to happen IMO

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 09:07 - Mar 22 with 2955 viewsitfcjoe

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:55 - Mar 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The petition specifically argues that Brexit is not the will of the people - however a referendum was held on that specific subject which confirmed that it was indeed the will of a majority of people

I’m very much in the remain would have been best camp, but the referendum has been done and the genie is out of the bottle - so has to happen IMO

The 'will of the people' is such a nothing, dangerous, term.

So much has happened since then, most importantly the realisation that a deal that appeases the leave voters/campaigners can't be achieved and it is just a disastrous No Deal that is now on the table (That was never, ever considered or spoken about in the referendum by any faction of the Leave campaign)

So there needs to be some sort of confirmation referendum, we now know what the vote is. I dare say that Leave may win again because the same liars and scrotes who want a free market and tax haven whatever the costs will fire up people even more about the 'will of the people'

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 09:12 - Mar 22 with 2941 viewsSwansea_Blue

Petition is 500 away from 2,000,000 on 08:55 - Mar 22 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I'd agree with you if it hadn't been proven that it was fraudulent. Sadly because it's not legally binding and only advisory, that doesn't matter and it can't legally be stopped even though the law was broken.

Pick the bones out of that paradox.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024