Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 00:57 - Mar 22 with 2939 viewsFifeITFC

Someone asked me recently if I had this game and if I could upload it to YouTube.

If anyone is interested, here it is (in 5 parts):

ITFC v Man Utd, FA Cup R3:
Part 1:
Part 2:
Part 3:
Part 4:
Part 5:

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 01:30 - Mar 22 with 2904 viewsIllinoisblue

you sir, are a legend. First game that I'd been to that felt like a big occasion. Utd in town, the TV camera crane, live on TV on a Sunday lunchtime. Looking at the images in your first clip and seeing how packed the North Stand was, the portman terrace also packed... how the actual fook was the official attendance only 23k??!!

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 08:31 - Mar 22 with 2727 viewsunstableblue

Gosh I do remember that team... quite young.... but only caught tail end of Robson and had years of Duncan teams.... David Lowe, Romeo Zondervan, Mark Brennan... jeeze.

Robson is a good pundit isn’t he?

That Man U side played some good stuff.

On that evidence I still think we played a better brand of football than under McCarthy. Albeit Mick was perhaps forced into that given the economic constraints.

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 09:08 - Mar 22 with 2696 viewsGeoffSentence

That header of D'Avray's that went from the penalty spot to the corner flag has remained with me all these years.

"Of all the players...."

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 09:41 - Mar 22 with 2664 viewsgainsboroughblue

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 09:08 - Mar 22 by GeoffSentence

That header of D'Avray's that went from the penalty spot to the corner flag has remained with me all these years.

"Of all the players...."

I'm sure I had this debate recently. It was a shot by Dozzell that hit/nearly hit the corner flag. D'Avray scored an own goal. Unless I'm forgetting something else.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 09:44 - Mar 22 with 2655 viewsgainsboroughblue

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 08:31 - Mar 22 by unstableblue

Gosh I do remember that team... quite young.... but only caught tail end of Robson and had years of Duncan teams.... David Lowe, Romeo Zondervan, Mark Brennan... jeeze.

On that evidence I still think we played a better brand of football than under McCarthy. Albeit Mick was perhaps forced into that given the economic constraints.

I must watch later. Sir Bobby from memory, was gushing at Town and said 'we', 'us' several times by accident.

A few days later, Warky arrived for a loan spell and it felt like we may be on the road back.

Still unsure whether their winner should have counted.

'And Humes comes in!" was our 'Osborne 1-0' of the 80s.

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 09:46 - Mar 22 with 2651 viewsYallop

I was ballboy and Strachan came over the hoarding landed on me. Just trying to find it. Cheers Fife for posting this.
vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 10:00 - Mar 22 with 2629 viewsTrumptonBlue

I'm another who remembers this as my first big game. It was certainly the first game I went to on my own having told my parents I was going somewhere else with a friend.

I'll have to watch it again. Didn't we have a blatant penalty turned down, just as we did against Luton, another top-flight side, in the League Cup that season?
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 10:02]
vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 10:01 - Mar 22 with 2625 viewsGeoffSentence

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 09:41 - Mar 22 by gainsboroughblue

I'm sure I had this debate recently. It was a shot by Dozzell that hit/nearly hit the corner flag. D'Avray scored an own goal. Unless I'm forgetting something else.

D'Avray did both.

Edit 24:34 in part 3.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 10:08]

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 10:05 - Mar 22 with 2609 viewsFifeITFC

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 09:44 - Mar 22 by gainsboroughblue

I must watch later. Sir Bobby from memory, was gushing at Town and said 'we', 'us' several times by accident.

A few days later, Warky arrived for a loan spell and it felt like we may be on the road back.

Wark had already signed for us permanently, but was 1 day too late to be registered to play in this game (although he would have been eligible for a replay).

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 11:17 - Mar 22 with 2552 viewsgainsboroughblue

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 10:01 - Mar 22 by GeoffSentence

D'Avray did both.

Edit 24:34 in part 3.
[Post edited 22 Mar 2019 10:08]

Good lord. I remember now I've seen that. Sorry for doubting.

That Dozzell 'shot' was so ingrained on my brain!

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 11:20 - Mar 22 with 2535 viewsgainsboroughblue

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 10:05 - Mar 22 by FifeITFC

Wark had already signed for us permanently, but was 1 day too late to be registered to play in this game (although he would have been eligible for a replay).

His first game back was a ZDS Cup game I think.

Could have done with him against United. His presence may have been the difference that day.

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 11:23 - Mar 22 with 2529 viewsgtsb

I was a Westander by then. The atmosphere that day in there was superb.
vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 12:03 - Mar 22 with 2500 viewsThe_Last_Baron

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 09:44 - Mar 22 by gainsboroughblue

Warky signed permanently a few days before this game for £100k. He wasn't able to play as he didn't sign in time. I think the BBC interviewed him at half time in this game, pretty sure they did.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 12:12 - Mar 22 with 2495 viewsBluespeed225

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 01:30 - Mar 22 by Illinoisblue

you sir, are a legend. First game that I'd been to that felt like a big occasion. Utd in town, the TV camera crane, live on TV on a Sunday lunchtime. Looking at the images in your first clip and seeing how packed the North Stand was, the portman terrace also packed... how the actual fook was the official attendance only 23k??!!

Song of the day ‘There she was just a lying on the floor singing you must the famous Clayton Blackmore’, to the tune of Do Wah Diddy!
vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 12:56 - Mar 22 with 2455 viewsParisBlue

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 08:31 - Mar 22 by unstableblue

I think Dalian was still at the club as well, he must have been injured at the time.

Basis of a decent team that...

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 18:49 - Mar 22 with 2330 viewsKilburnBlue

vs. Manchester United FA Cup 1988 on 12:56 - Mar 22 by ParisBlue

I think Dalian was still at the club as well, he must have been injured at the time.

Basis of a decent team that...

He was at the club but hadn't broken into the first team by then. Most of his appearances & all his goals came at back end of the season.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024