Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses 01:40 - Mar 22 with 2665 viewsXYZ

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/21/mays-appeal-falls-flat-as-eu-se

Another two weeks to revoke A50 - always a good idea to hang around those who are cleverer than you ...
Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 06:30 - Mar 22 with 2228 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"Asked how long an extension could be on offer, the European commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker, said: “Until the very end.”

The road is long....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:03 - Mar 22 with 2157 viewsLord_Lucan

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 06:30 - Mar 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

"Asked how long an extension could be on offer, the European commission president, Jean-Claude Juncker, said: “Until the very end.”

The road is long....

EU have a history of bluff and bluster. I have said until I’m blue in the face that If we are to leave then we need to grow some balls. They realised last night that there is a real chance of a no deal and they have now said in a round about way that they will extend and extend. They are obviously crapping themselves on the no deal, if we had started the negotiations with no deal as a default who knows what positions we would be in now.

A lot stronger one that’s for sure.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:07 - Mar 22 with 2145 viewsHerbivore

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:03 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

EU have a history of bluff and bluster. I have said until I’m blue in the face that If we are to leave then we need to grow some balls. They realised last night that there is a real chance of a no deal and they have now said in a round about way that they will extend and extend. They are obviously crapping themselves on the no deal, if we had started the negotiations with no deal as a default who knows what positions we would be in now.

That is a strange take on it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:09 - Mar 22 with 2140 viewsfooters

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:07 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

The EU is terrified by us crashing out. That's why we should definitely do it, just to spite them. That'll learn 'em.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:09 - Mar 22 with 2137 viewsLord_Lucan

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:07 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

Try and look at it with an open mind Herby.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:12 - Mar 22 with 2128 viewsHerbivore

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:09 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

Try and look at it with an open mind Herby.

I am. I still find it a strange take. Of course they'd prefer to avoid a no deal scenario but they're making no further concessions to avoid one.

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:12 - Mar 22 with 2127 viewsLord_Lucan

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:09 - Mar 22 by footers

The EU is terrified by us crashing out. That's why we should definitely do it, just to spite them. That'll learn 'em.

It is tempting to be fair. If I wasn’t worried about the short term chaos I’d like to watch it.

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:13 - Mar 22 with 2121 viewsLord_Lucan

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:12 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

I am. I still find it a strange take. Of course they'd prefer to avoid a no deal scenario but they're making no further concessions to avoid one.

They just did.

Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:14 - Mar 22 with 2119 viewsfooters

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:12 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

It is tempting to be fair. If I wasn’t worried about the short term chaos I’d like to watch it.

It's about as tempting as wanting to bunk up with Anne Widdecombe.

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:16 - Mar 22 with 2113 viewsHerbivore

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:13 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

They just did.

Giving us 2 weeks to sort our sh¡t out isn't much of a concession.

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:17 - Mar 22 with 2113 viewsSteve_M

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:03 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

The EU don't want No Deal but the idea that they are just going to capitulate and give the UK everything it wants (especially as the UK doesn't actually know what it wants) is fanciful nonsense I'm afraid.

Don't confuse making last-minute concessions to member states with the treatment of a third country which the UK, in its wisdom, has decided to become. The power is all with the regional bloc.

No deal is orders of magnitude worse for the UK than the rest of the EU, it will be bad for Ireland but the country that will suffer the most will be the UK. It's not even an end state, geography means that we will continue to trade with other EU countries so we will have to work out the basis of doing so.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:19 - Mar 22 with 2104 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:13 - Mar 22 by Lord_Lucan

They just did.

......until the next one....and......ad infinitum !

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:24 - Mar 22 with 2097 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Sometimes it feels like people on here think it is only UK politicians' mouths that open and sh1t comes out......unbelievable Jeff!

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:25 - Mar 22 with 2093 viewsronnyblue

When parliament voted for article 50 they also voted to make no deal exit the default position if , as has happened, the deal is rejected .
Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:26 - Mar 22 with 2087 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:16 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

Giving us 2 weeks to sort our sh¡t out isn't much of a concession.

Or in Footers' case to short it!

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:29 - Mar 22 with 2077 viewsHerbivore

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:25 - Mar 22 by ronnyblue

When parliament voted for article 50 they also voted to make no deal exit the default position if , as has happened, the deal is rejected .

Although parliament has also voted to rule out leaving the EU without a deal. Something the PM seems to be completely ignoring.

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:29 - Mar 22 with 2078 viewsfooters

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:26 - Mar 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

Or in Footers' case to short it!

Wanna split the risk-reward, comrade?

The hefty invoice will likely land in a month's time!

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:30 - Mar 22 with 2074 viewsLord_Lucan

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:17 - Mar 22 by Steve_M

The EU don't want No Deal but the idea that they are just going to capitulate and give the UK everything it wants (especially as the UK doesn't actually know what it wants) is fanciful nonsense I'm afraid.

Don't confuse making last-minute concessions to member states with the treatment of a third country which the UK, in its wisdom, has decided to become. The power is all with the regional bloc.

No deal is orders of magnitude worse for the UK than the rest of the EU, it will be bad for Ireland but the country that will suffer the most will be the UK. It's not even an end state, geography means that we will continue to trade with other EU countries so we will have to work out the basis of doing so.

I never said they would give us all we want Steve.

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:34 - Mar 22 with 2061 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:29 - Mar 22 by footers

Wanna split the risk-reward, comrade?

The hefty invoice will likely land in a month's time!

I garden for some highly placed folk in your world.....def info available for a fee!

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:44 - Mar 22 with 2034 viewsgiant_stow

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:14 - Mar 22 by footers

It's about as tempting as wanting to bunk up with Anne Widdecombe.

Oh I don't know... The old girl has a lifetime of pent up sexual energy to spend...

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:46 - Mar 22 with 2023 viewsgiant_stow

I spose what they've done is take over. Try your deal one more time and then parliament has two weeks to get rid of you.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 09:00 - Mar 22 with 1992 viewsBloomBlue

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:29 - Mar 22 by Herbivore

Although parliament has also voted to rule out leaving the EU without a deal. Something the PM seems to be completely ignoring.

But MPs and parliament is not above the law, we are ruled by law. A50 which parliament voted for put into law we're leaving on the 29th even with a no deal so unless they change the law it doesn't matter what MPs vote for, the law has to be changed which is why she cannot ignore a no deal even though MPs voted to rule it out.

If MPs had truly wanted it removed they should have voted to revoke A50.

The date is moving after last night so both the UK and EU will now need to amend their laws with that new date.
But if nothing changes then we will be leaving with no deal on the new date.

Why do remainers struggle with the basic concept of we are ruled by law.

On a positive note if they didn't leave on that date MPs have broken the law so we could lock them all up with others who have broken the law, murderers, burglars etc.
Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 09:00 - Mar 22 with 1993 viewsfooters

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:34 - Mar 22 by BanksterDebtSlave

I garden for some highly placed folk in your world.....def info available for a fee!

Well, we're off to a good start!

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 09:03 - Mar 22 with 1980 viewsLord_Lucan

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 08:25 - Mar 22 by ronnyblue

But EU has never considered it a real threat and we don’t seemed to have used the situation to our advantage.

I’m off to a funeral - and it won’t be a good one.

Play nicely chaps.

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 09:15 - Mar 22 with 1948 viewsHerbivore

Meanwhile the EU gives the UK another chance to come to its senses on 09:00 - Mar 22 by BloomBlue

But MPs and parliament is not above the law, we are ruled by law. A50 which parliament voted for put into law we're leaving on the 29th even with a no deal so unless they change the law it doesn't matter what MPs vote for, the law has to be changed which is why she cannot ignore a no deal even though MPs voted to rule it out.

If MPs had truly wanted it removed they should have voted to revoke A50.

The date is moving after last night so both the UK and EU will now need to amend their laws with that new date.
But if nothing changes then we will be leaving with no deal on the new date.

Why do remainers struggle with the basic concept of we are ruled by law.

On a positive note if they didn't leave on that date MPs have broken the law so we could lock them all up with others who have broken the law, murderers, burglars etc.

They'll amend the law when necessary, don't you fret.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024