Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham docked 9 points 11:14 - Mar 22 with 4503 viewsSamWhiteUK

https://talksport.com/football/efl/515560/birmingham-city-deducted-nine-points-f
Birmingham docked 9 points on 11:15 - Mar 22 with 4480 viewsJackSted

Hot diggity damn

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Birmingham docked 9 points on 11:30 - Mar 22 with 4357 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I assume there will be an appeal (probably at great length) and it ends up being reduced.

Would be great if one of these threats actually sticks, particularly with a club like Brum and may even make a few clubs think about their approach if there is a genuine punishment in place
Birmingham docked 9 points on 11:36 - Mar 22 with 4314 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Shame it's not more then that

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Birmingham docked 9 points on 11:43 - Mar 22 with 4272 viewsButterbing

Doesn't seem a massive punishment for Birmingham as they were looking nailed on for mid-table and will still finish mid-table after the deduction.

However, it does look like a good deterrent for others and good to see some action on this.
Birmingham docked 9 points on 11:49 - Mar 22 with 4239 viewsBloomBlue

I notice the BBC in their story include a picture of Championship table and the relegation fight with B'gham 9 points deducted but they didn't include us in 24th, don't they realise we can still get to 48 points?
Birmingham docked 9 points on 11:53 - Mar 22 with 4210 viewsSwansea_Blue

Any chance of them giving us a present of a few points as we've slavishly stuck to FFP throughout?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Birmingham docked 9 points on 12:26 - Mar 22 with 4073 viewsMeadowlark

Birmingham docked 9 points on 11:43 - Mar 22 by Butterbing

Doesn't seem a massive punishment for Birmingham as they were looking nailed on for mid-table and will still finish mid-table after the deduction.

However, it does look like a good deterrent for others and good to see some action on this.

Exactly. Not a punishment at all.
Birmingham docked 9 points on 12:28 - Mar 22 with 4068 viewsSuperblue95

9 points? Is that all?!

Fancy having the ‘punishment’ of dropping from upper mid table to lower mid table.

The EFL had a chance to send a message and well and truly bottled it. What a joke

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham docked 9 points on 15:43 - Mar 22 with 3732 viewsElderGrizzly

Birmingham docked 9 points on 11:30 - Mar 22 by King_of_Portman_Rd

I assume there will be an appeal (probably at great length) and it ends up being reduced.

Would be great if one of these threats actually sticks, particularly with a club like Brum and may even make a few clubs think about their approach if there is a genuine punishment in place

This was the result of the appeal I believe.

Initial penalty was 15 points
Birmingham docked 9 points on 16:43 - Mar 22 with 3621 viewsjaykay

Birmingham docked 9 points on 11:30 - Mar 22 by King_of_Portman_Rd

there was . a lot of the young pups might not know this but in 1968 peterborough united
were relegated from the old 3rd division to the 4th division for financial irregularities .
it might seem centuries ago but i was 19 and we won the 2nd division that year to take up to what would be the premier now

edit: the posh were deducted 19 points to make sure they finished bottom

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Birmingham docked 9 points on 16:49 - Mar 22 with 3615 viewsJ2BLUE

A non punishment then. I'll be impressed when I see one of these deductions having a legit impact on the season of a club in the top two divisions. If they really want these deterrants to work how about giving them a 9 point deduction for next season so they start on -9? They will survive with ease.

Only good thing to come out of this is that it might back the FA into a corner next time and 9 points may make a legit impact on a club's season.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Birmingham docked 9 points on 08:30 - Mar 23 with 3282 viewsdaisyisabaddog

Birmingham docked 9 points on 16:49 - Mar 22 by J2BLUE

A non punishment then. I'll be impressed when I see one of these deductions having a legit impact on the season of a club in the top two divisions. If they really want these deterrants to work how about giving them a 9 point deduction for next season so they start on -9? They will survive with ease.

Only good thing to come out of this is that it might back the FA into a corner next time and 9 points may make a legit impact on a club's season.

It does seem ridiculous but I think the authorities were worried that Brum might sneak into the play offs.
Lots of very self righteous comments on this post. People seem to forget about our finances. OK we haven't broken the rules but we're not exactly in a position to throw stones at others are we?
Birmingham docked 9 points on 09:00 - Mar 23 with 3252 viewsbluephil021

Its a joke they wern't going to be in the play offs and they won't be religated. It makes the square route of no difference to them or any body else.
Birmingham docked 9 points on 09:37 - Mar 23 with 3216 viewsbritbiker

Birmingham docked 9 points on 11:49 - Mar 22 by BloomBlue

I notice the BBC in their story include a picture of Championship table and the relegation fight with B'gham 9 points deducted but they didn't include us in 24th, don't they realise we can still get to 48 points?

I had noticed we were not even shown on the table. More embarrassing is that with nine points deducted we are still no where near catching them.
Birmingham docked 9 points on 09:41 - Mar 23 with 3208 viewsbritbiker

Birmingham docked 9 points on 16:43 - Mar 22 by jaykay

there was . a lot of the young pups might not know this but in 1968 peterborough united
were relegated from the old 3rd division to the 4th division for financial irregularities .
it might seem centuries ago but i was 19 and we won the 2nd division that year to take up to what would be the premier now

edit: the posh were deducted 19 points to make sure they finished bottom

Seem to remember darlington being penalised about dropping several divisions and now in lower conference leagues.
I may be wrong but it does appear teams that they known haven't the money to fight a court case get bigger punishments.

I wonder if Birmingham had been closer to the bottom the penalty would have been deferred to next season.
Birmingham docked 9 points on 11:44 - Mar 23 with 3158 viewspointofblue

It means nothing. Birmingham’s over-spending has kept them safe despite the deductions. Yet again breaking the rules has been rewarded and those with little income but sticking by them are suffering. Sympathy for the fans but not for the club.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Birmingham docked 9 points on 13:01 - Mar 23 with 3104 viewspatrickswell

Birmingham docked 9 points on 11:44 - Mar 23 by pointofblue

It means nothing. Birmingham’s over-spending has kept them safe despite the deductions. Yet again breaking the rules has been rewarded and those with little income but sticking by them are suffering. Sympathy for the fans but not for the club.

Their remaining fixtures are quite interesting though. They play West Brom, Leeds, Derby and Sheffield United at one end of the scale - and Rotherham, Reading, Wigan and ourselves at the other. No gimmes there except maybe us and even then 1-1 has to be the favourite scoreline.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024