Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down 17:48 - Mar 23 with 3754 viewsScottCandage

Hear me out. The SECOND we get relegated, and every match thereafter, we should be chanting "We're Going Up!" It will be bizarre! Imagine the cameras on the last day, catching us all singing "We're Going Up!" when we're going down. Because we will have already been relegated. It will be obnoxious. We won't deserve it.

But "We're Going Up!" Is our goal in League One. A goal we should focus on the nanosecond after we are relegated. The club, and fans, and the players will all get reminders, everyday, of what the goal is. Because of one chant - sung always.

WE'RE GOING UP!!!!!!!!!!!
Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 17:50 - Mar 23 with 2927 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It would look utterly absurd if on the last day we were singing about going up when in fact we are going down and playing against a team likely to be promoted themselves. Whilst at the same time, the c**ts up the road were in fact going up themselves.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Exactly on 17:51 - Mar 23 with 2916 viewsScottCandage

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 17:50 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

It would look utterly absurd if on the last day we were singing about going up when in fact we are going down and playing against a team likely to be promoted themselves. Whilst at the same time, the c**ts up the road were in fact going up themselves.

Why not be absurd. We're going up. Not today. But we will.
Exactly on 17:53 - Mar 23 with 2905 viewsfooters

Exactly on 17:51 - Mar 23 by ScottCandage

Rommy's a bit worked up again today. Saw another item on Newsround he didn't like.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Exactly on 17:55 - Mar 23 with 2893 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Exactly on 17:53 - Mar 23 by footers

Rommy's a bit worked up again today. Saw another item on Newsround he didn't like.

Carlisle drawing at home done me for a 263/1 accumulator.

Tears all over the gaf here.

Off out tonight - drown the sorrows of what might have been eh?

Exactly on 17:56 - Mar 23 with 2886 viewsfooters

Exactly on 17:55 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Yes, mate. What was your take (if any) from the festival in the end? Some big let downs I saw. Not sure I followed the whole thing though.

Exactly on 18:01 - Mar 23 with 2861 viewsJ2BLUE

Exactly on 17:51 - Mar 23 by ScottCandage

It's a stupid idea. If anything they are more likely to think we've become Leeds fans for the day.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 18:06 - Mar 23 with 2839 viewschiddley

As losers of the league we should organise a petition to overturn our well deserved relegation to league one.

Poll: The best joke petition of the last few days

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 18:08 - Mar 23 with 2817 viewsfooters

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 18:06 - Mar 23 by chiddley

As losers of the league we should organise a petition to overturn our well deserved relegation to league one.

You're a real fan of failure and financial ruin, aren't you? ;)

Login to get fewer ads

Exactly on 18:10 - Mar 23 with 2804 viewsScottCandage

Exactly on 17:55 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Omg, that's a tough one. It hit the news here a couple of days ago that someone hit a 20x parlay (accumulator, you call it) for just over 100K on a 25 bet. All pro and college basketball. Have a drink on me.

Edit: Story link: http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/26316553/bettor-hits-20-leg-parlay-turns-25
[Post edited 23 Mar 2019 18:12]
Exactly on 18:16 - Mar 23 with 2769 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Exactly on 17:56 - Mar 23 by footers

Yes, mate. What was your take (if any) from the festival in the end? Some big let downs I saw. Not sure I followed the whole thing though.

The week itself was brilliant. Great trip. Can’t wait for next year with the lads coming for the whole week rather than just the Tuesday next time as well.

As for betting, a few good winners but some tough ones to take.

The odds on favourite falling at the last when well clear (1/100 in running) done me for 4-figures which was a tough one to take.

Should’ve laid a few horses off when sitting on big prices. Had £30 at 16/1 on a 7/4 favourite and I stupidly never laid any of it off and he finished third. Had a fair few second and thirds when sitting on fair prices. £25 at 14/1 on a 5/1 favourite that got beat half a length into second was another close call.

All in all, a really great week. I’ve ended up down this year but don’t at all feel like the money was wasted. Roll on next year.

Exactly on 18:23 - Mar 23 with 2747 viewsfooters

Exactly on 18:16 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

The week itself was brilliant. Great trip. Can’t wait for next year with the lads coming for the whole week rather than just the Tuesday next time as well.

As for betting, a few good winners but some tough ones to take.

The odds on favourite falling at the last when well clear (1/100 in running) done me for 4-figures which was a tough one to take.

Should’ve laid a few horses off when sitting on big prices. Had £30 at 16/1 on a 7/4 favourite and I stupidly never laid any of it off and he finished third. Had a fair few second and thirds when sitting on fair prices. £25 at 14/1 on a 5/1 favourite that got beat half a length into second was another close call.

All in all, a really great week. I’ve ended up down this year but don’t at all feel like the money was wasted. Roll on next year.

That's the game we play, my friend! Good to hear you enjoyed it- weather was a bit naff first day, wasn't it?

Just FYI, uncle's got a new horse, Warlord, which is debuting at Exeter tomorrow. Probably a good idea since My Lady Grey appears to be a cow at present.

Exactly on 18:28 - Mar 23 with 2725 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Exactly on 18:23 - Mar 23 by footers

That's the game we play, my friend! Good to hear you enjoyed it- weather was a bit naff first day, wasn't it?

Just FYI, uncle's got a new horse, Warlord, which is debuting at Exeter tomorrow. Probably a good idea since My Lady Grey appears to be a cow at present.

It was a bit lively early doors but was pretty much dry all week after the first hour on the Tuesday. Give it a month and I’ll be booking my hotel for next years festival.

Cheers for the heads up. I’ll keep an eye out for him. They expect much from tomorrow’s run? Very fair track Exeter imo.

Exactly on 18:32 - Mar 23 with 2709 viewsfooters

Exactly on 18:28 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

It was a bit lively early doors but was pretty much dry all week after the first hour on the Tuesday. Give it a month and I’ll be booking my hotel for next years festival.

Cheers for the heads up. I’ll keep an eye out for him. They expect much from tomorrow’s run? Very fair track Exeter imo.

Never made it there myself. Might save my pennies and make it next year. We'll shoot the sh1t over hotdogs and champagne :)

Nah, just there for a bit of experience. Carrying too much condition atm. Debuting colours though (black and white- Newcastle fan, so used to losing ;-) ). Tom O'Brien the jockey. Know you keep track of these things far more than I!

Exactly on 18:41 - Mar 23 with 2670 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Exactly on 18:32 - Mar 23 by footers

Never made it there myself. Might save my pennies and make it next year. We'll shoot the sh1t over hotdogs and champagne :)

Nah, just there for a bit of experience. Carrying too much condition atm. Debuting colours though (black and white- Newcastle fan, so used to losing ;-) ). Tom O'Brien the jockey. Know you keep track of these things far more than I!

You definitely should - my favourite sporting week in the world.

Cheers - I’ll stick him in my tracker and see how he gets on in the next few months

Exactly on 18:45 - Mar 23 with 2643 viewsJ2BLUE

Exactly on 18:32 - Mar 23 by footers

Fook that. Three England Euro 2020 games at Wembley as well as the semis and the final.

Assuming we qualify of course.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Exactly on 18:50 - Mar 23 with 2624 viewsfooters

Exactly on 18:45 - Mar 23 by J2BLUE

Fook that. Three England Euro 2020 games at Wembley as well as the semis and the final.

Assuming we qualify of course.

J2, my friend (I assume we're still friends), you must know that I am like a goldfish. Dates, times, people, faces - they all fade away into the ether. I do not know these things.

But tbh never seen Engerland live and not really sure I ever intend to. Would rather be at Cheltenham than with the prawn sandwich Brexit yobs.

Exactly on 18:50 - Mar 23 with 2622 viewsfooters

Exactly on 18:41 - Mar 23 by The_Romford_Blue

You definitely should - my favourite sporting week in the world.

Cheers - I’ll stick him in my tracker and see how he gets on in the next few months

You get the hotdogs, I'll get the champers. It's a deal, Noel.

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:05 - Mar 23 with 2584 viewsPecker

Wouldn't it be better if we sang "we are going down and f++king loving it". Being happy about it rather than sitting there all pi++ed off. Not saying we should, but surly that would be better.
Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:08 - Mar 23 with 2574 viewsfooters

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:05 - Mar 23 by Pecker

Wouldn't it be better if we sang "we are going down and f++king loving it". Being happy about it rather than sitting there all pi++ed off. Not saying we should, but surly that would be better.

Does any man 'love' going down? Sure, we all do it (mainly to facilitate the reverse) but does anyone truly 'love' it?

How are you feeling today, Pecker?

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:26 - Mar 23 with 2511 viewstextbackup

i'd rather be on that brexit singing bus

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:37 - Mar 23 with 2473 viewsPecker

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:08 - Mar 23 by footers

Does any man 'love' going down? Sure, we all do it (mainly to facilitate the reverse) but does anyone truly 'love' it?

How are you feeling today, Pecker?

Only said it as a joke as the OPs offering was a joke. I am fine thanks mate. Nice of you to ask. I have just taken my 4th lot of meds, so starting to fill a bit spaced, but fine thanks.
Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:42 - Mar 23 with 2455 viewsfooters

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:37 - Mar 23 by Pecker

Only said it as a joke as the OPs offering was a joke. I am fine thanks mate. Nice of you to ask. I have just taken my 4th lot of meds, so starting to fill a bit spaced, but fine thanks.

God speed on your recovery. No problem, that's what friends are for :)

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:46 - Mar 23 with 2441 viewsPecker

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:42 - Mar 23 by footers

God speed on your recovery. No problem, that's what friends are for :)

Bl00dy quiet on here tonight. Nobody's debating anything. I am well up for a debate tonight, but everybody must be out.
Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:51 - Mar 23 with 2428 viewsfooters

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:46 - Mar 23 by Pecker

Bl00dy quiet on here tonight. Nobody's debating anything. I am well up for a debate tonight, but everybody must be out.

I am now offski too, I'm afraid.

There is now something called 'drunk bowling' which my local alley facilitates. A friend is having her birthday there so we are all getting well lubricated before gutter-balling most of the bowls. I believe there are arcade games too.

Fan of House of the Dead myself. Hope they have it!

Rest up and enjoy the spaciness. Some of us pay good money for the pleasure ;)

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:56 - Mar 23 with 2413 viewsPecker

Let's chant "We're Going Up!!" as soon as we're going down on 19:51 - Mar 23 by footers

I am now offski too, I'm afraid.

There is now something called 'drunk bowling' which my local alley facilitates. A friend is having her birthday there so we are all getting well lubricated before gutter-balling most of the bowls. I believe there are arcade games too.

Fan of House of the Dead myself. Hope they have it!

Rest up and enjoy the spaciness. Some of us pay good money for the pleasure ;)

Have a great time mate and I am sure we will bump into each other on here soon. Enjoy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024