Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target 17:50 - Mar 23 with 5437 viewsScottCandage

Mick, this is GIBRALTAR and you can only get 2 shots on net? A leopard does not change its spots.
ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 20:27 - Mar 23 with 4507 viewsjpring89

Yeah but they are in a false position they have a great side.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 20:29 - Mar 23 with 4507 viewsSwailsey

Yeah.

He’s the manager of a country.

We’re in league one.

Who’s laughing now.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

But seriously though, let it go dude.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2019 20:29]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Let it go, he's gone x (n/t) on 20:30 - Mar 23 with 4498 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 23:07 - Mar 23 with 4403 viewsunstableblue

... so we have to play this way to remain competitive.... oh!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 23:44 - Mar 23 with 4373 viewsTheBoyBlue

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 20:29 - Mar 23 by Swailsey

Yeah.

We’re in league one.

Who’s laughing now.

I was disappointed that things ended as they did for Mick here. He deserved better. Better broadly I agree with the OP. That ROI performance is essentially why we're better off without him. I'd so much take the positive, feelgood atmosphere around the club now then even more seasons of just dull nothingness, even in relegation.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 23:54 - Mar 23 with 4366 viewsNthsuffolkblue

It really is time to let it go but if the ROI result needs defending, it was on a plastic pitch, the ROI are not really all that good and he did get the win.

Let's just hope Lambert can start getting us winning and stop looking back at what Mick was and wasn't.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 08:30 - Mar 24 with 4250 viewsHerbivore

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 23:07 - Mar 23 by unstableblue

... so we have to play this way to remain competitive.... oh!

Yeah, silly Mick, keeping us competitive. God I hated being competitive, it's much better now we never win games.

Let it go. You and others constantly harping back to Mick or constantly obsessing over what he's doing now is just plain weird.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 10:43 - Mar 24 with 4131 viewsunstableblue

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 08:30 - Mar 24 by Herbivore

Yeah, silly Mick, keeping us competitive. God I hated being competitive, it's much better now we never win games.

Let it go. You and others constantly harping back to Mick or constantly obsessing over what he's doing now is just plain weird.

Oh come on Herbivore this was an opportunity that had to be taken!!

What you should ‘let go’ is your continuing denial that there was anything positive about the state of the club and team towards the end of Micks era. Now of course some of this relates to funding. So it was not all Micks fault.

But all decent pundits, such a high % of fans, all agree. And to just emphasise the point our fans are the most upbeat that they have been on a match day for years.... AND YET WE’RE BOTTOM OF THE TABLE AND GETTING RELEGATED. Because quite simply we’re trying to play football with the energy, technique and attacking that is the antithesis of Micks tenure.

So please - ‘let it go’

Login to get fewer ads

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 10:47 - Mar 24 with 4129 viewspointofblue

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 08:30 - Mar 24 by Herbivore

Both sides need to let it go - pro and anti Mick. He’s gone; we need to look forward instead of continually reflect back.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 10:54 - Mar 24 with 4115 viewsHerbivore

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 10:43 - Mar 24 by unstableblue

Oh come on Herbivore this was an opportunity that had to be taken!!

What you should ‘let go’ is your continuing denial that there was anything positive about the state of the club and team towards the end of Micks era. Now of course some of this relates to funding. So it was not all Micks fault.

But all decent pundits, such a high % of fans, all agree. And to just emphasise the point our fans are the most upbeat that they have been on a match day for years.... AND YET WE’RE BOTTOM OF THE TABLE AND GETTING RELEGATED. Because quite simply we’re trying to play football with the energy, technique and attacking that is the antithesis of Micks tenure.

So please - ‘let it go’

Nothing positive aside from being a midtable Championship side with decent foundations to build from. Honesty, I think you need therapy to get over Mick.

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 10:57 - Mar 24 with 4102 viewstextbackup

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 10:54 - Mar 24 by Herbivore

Nothing positive aside from being a midtable Championship side with decent foundations to build from. Honesty, I think you need therapy to get over Mick.

you're aware it was Hurst that ripped up those "foundations" and not Lambert, yeah?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 10:59 - Mar 24 with 4095 viewsHerbivore

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 10:57 - Mar 24 by textbackup

you're aware it was Hurst that ripped up those "foundations" and not Lambert, yeah?

Yes. I've not suggested otherwise.

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 11:46 - Mar 24 with 4060 viewstextbackup

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 10:59 - Mar 24 by Herbivore

Yes. I've not suggested otherwise.

I know you haven't, was just checking

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Ah-hah! on 15:26 - Mar 24 with 3928 viewsunstableblue

But the opposition are better funded, and we have less resources... on 10:54 - Mar 24 by Herbivore

I will spell it out for you just one more time - It is not Mick I need to get over, I never had a problem with the man and I fully understand the constraints he was working under. But i just felt his base footballing ethos and system was incompatible with the club and making it prosper in the long term. WHICH IS THE TRUTH. And continues to be confirmed since his exit.

Where I need therapy is wasting my time trying to convince the likes of yourself who denied the truth and abused anyone who criticised Mick.

"with decent foundations to build from". You need more than therapy Herbivore.

At least we can agree on Brexit.

Ah-hah! on 15:30 - Mar 24 with 3924 viewsHerbivore

Ah-hah! on 15:26 - Mar 24 by unstableblue

I will spell it out for you just one more time - It is not Mick I need to get over, I never had a problem with the man and I fully understand the constraints he was working under. But i just felt his base footballing ethos and system was incompatible with the club and making it prosper in the long term. WHICH IS THE TRUTH. And continues to be confirmed since his exit.

Where I need therapy is wasting my time trying to convince the likes of yourself who denied the truth and abused anyone who criticised Mick.

Finishing 12th, a squad with some promising youngsters coupled with some good experienced pros. Yeah, I'd say they were some good foundations. But you get all angry on this AND TYPE IN CAPITALS so I'm wasting my time trying to open your eyes to reality.

Ah-hah! on 15:33 - Mar 24 with 3914 viewsDarth_Koont

Ah-hah! on 15:26 - Mar 24 by unstableblue

"But i just felt his base footballing ethos and system was incompatible with the club and making it prosper in the long term. WHICH IS THE TRUTH. And continues to be confirmed since his exit."

Actually confirms the opposite as we're tumbling out of the division now.

His ethos was a sustainable, competitive team that also brought through our own kids. And when we had that we even played some good stuff. He didn't put the style before the substance, that's certainly true. But I'll wait until someone combines both of those in this division and under those constraints before I see anything "confirmed".

Pronouns: He/Him

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 15:35 - Mar 24 with 3902 viewshoppy

Their defence is rock solid though...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

YOU NEED THERAPY... AND SEDATION (n/t) on 15:46 - Mar 24 with 3873 viewsunstableblue

Ah-hah! on 15:30 - Mar 24 by Herbivore

Finishing 12th, a squad with some promising youngsters coupled with some good experienced pros. Yeah, I'd say they were some good foundations. But you get all angry on this AND TYPE IN CAPITALS so I'm wasting my time trying to open your eyes to reality.

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 16:34 - Mar 24 with 3811 viewsJohnny_Boy

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 20:29 - Mar 23 by Swailsey

Yeah.

We’re in league one.

Who’s laughing now.

He's not even that though.

He's just the interim manager before the guy the FAI really wanted all along becomes available.
ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 16:39 - Mar 24 with 3798 viewsJ2BLUE

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 16:34 - Mar 24 by Johnny_Boy

He's just the interim manager before the guy the FAI really wanted all along becomes available.

Becomes available? He's the manager of their U21 side isn't he? Not like they could have him if they wanted him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 17:32 - Mar 24 with 3745 viewsJohnny_Boy

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 16:39 - Mar 24 by J2BLUE

Becomes available? He's the manager of their U21 side isn't he? Not like they could have him if they wanted him.

He was appointed the U21 coach a day before Mick got his job.
For whatever reasons - he wasn't either offered the available job - or he didn't want it so soon.
But, it was always understood that the U21 coach would take over in 2020.
ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 17:34 - Mar 24 with 3735 viewsJ2BLUE

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 17:32 - Mar 24 by Johnny_Boy

He was appointed the U21 coach a day before Mick got his job.
For whatever reasons - he wasn't either offered the available job - or he didn't want it so soon.
But, it was always understood that the U21 coach would take over in 2020.

Exactly so they could have appointed him. They have him on a clear progression plan like we did with Southgate. The way you are spinning it is a bit desperate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 19:38 - Mar 24 with 3652 viewsSwailsey

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 16:34 - Mar 24 by Johnny_Boy

Do you need a hand with those straws?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

It's not weird Herbers on 19:47 - Mar 24 with 3638 viewsDyland

Mick was here for what, five and half years? How many other managers in the top two divisions last that long? Even ones who win stuff. Fact is, McCarthy is part of the reason we are where we are, although blame lies squarely at Evans' door. Shouldn't let anyone, I don't care who they are, have such a free role running football matters. Er, what happens when they go?

I like Mick. I don't think he deserved the absurd abuse during games. Then, he wasn't all that, was he. Demonstrably.

"Keeping us competitive." FFS

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 09:11 - Mar 25 with 3478 viewsJohnny_Boy

ROI 6 attempts on goal, 2 on target on 19:38 - Mar 24 by Swailsey

Do you need a hand with those straws?

Factually correct *thumbs up*
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024