Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don't like Marcus Evans... 16:12 - Mar 25 with 1559 viewsTheBoyBlue

… but there are times when I realise that we could do a lot worse.
We're not in a good financial way, but we're amongst an entire league of teams in various states of bad financial straits.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47691385

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

I don't like Marcus Evans... on 16:18 - Mar 25 with 1540 viewschicoazul

We could perhaps also do a lot better.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I don't like Marcus Evans... on 16:33 - Mar 25 with 1492 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Agreed, as far as league clubs without parachute payments go..... we could be considered to be in a good financial position ;-)

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

All of which are above us in the league. (n/t) on 16:38 - Mar 25 with 1478 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I don't like Marcus Evans... on 17:56 - Mar 25 with 1376 viewsFrankfurtBlue

I don't know Marcus Evans, but there are times when I realise what a complete failure his tenure of our football club has been.

The finances are one thing, but amongst others, he has failed to appoint an MD worthy of the title, or a Director of Football, or have an elected supporter on the Board.
I don't like Marcus Evans... on 20:36 - Mar 25 with 1241 viewsbraveblue

Psst. We are getting relegated.
I don't like Marcus Evans... on 20:45 - Mar 25 with 1229 viewsSwansea_Blue

I don't like Marcus Evans... on 17:56 - Mar 25 by FrankfurtBlue

I don't know Marcus Evans, but there are times when I realise what a complete failure his tenure of our football club has been.

The finances are one thing, but amongst others, he has failed to appoint an MD worthy of the title, or a Director of Football, or have an elected supporter on the Board.

Quite. I don't dislike him - I don't know him either and he seems to be genuine. I'm sure he doesn't want to be a failure.

He's just been crap for us (from a football perspective, which is what it's all about although many people seem to dorget that for some reason).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I don't like Marcus Evans... on 23:35 - Mar 25 with 1111 viewsbournemouthblue

I don't like Marcus Evans... on 20:45 - Mar 25 by Swansea_Blue

Quite. I don't dislike him - I don't know him either and he seems to be genuine. I'm sure he doesn't want to be a failure.

He's just been crap for us (from a football perspective, which is what it's all about although many people seem to dorget that for some reason).

He's made a lot of mistakes, none bigger than Hurst

He seemed to lose the appetite for fees after Jewell and certainly stitched McCarthy up Murphy sale onwards

He has in fairness given his managers time, not intefered to much and tried to run fiscally responsibly even if this was with a lack of ambition or long term plan

Even when we performed, we seemed to be shooting for 6th place, we should have kicked on January onwards in that play-off season

He has certainly detached the fans from the club, the 60 - 65's deal was a total ungoal imho

He has downsized the club outside the playing squad and staff and has eventually paid the price by running is like a lower mid-table Championship club when the management has begin to fail
[Post edited 25 Mar 2019 23:37]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024